BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

That's incredible news. So who took training? Bowyer?

Yes. It said Shebby had a 5 minute meeting with players at 11am. Neither Shebby nor Ali took training. Shebby said no appointments have been made yet (neither McD or Ali) and he wouldn't comment on speculation.

Reporter said he could see training happening and it was being taken by Bowyer.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SSN just reported that neither Shebby nor Ali have been involved with training today at all.

i have to say it but right now i am firmly in the Shaw/Agnew camp-i really hope they have not been called to Pune to be relieved of duty but to plead for common sense/have their say. They (Shaw in particular) were the ones calling for an experienced manager. Those who have placed themselves firmly in the Shebby camp i feel might have unwittingly helped this situation to develop. I am by no means saying i am happy with Agnew far from it but atleast i feel he would appoint experience etc..has some idea what it takes to run a British club. AHHHHHHHHHH

Shebby is not the messiah!!!

i have to say it but right now i am firmly in the Shaw/Agnew camp-i really hope they have not been called to Pune to be relieved of duty. He was the only one calling for an experienced manager. Those who have placed themselves firmly in the Shebby camp i feel might have unwittingly helped this situation to develop. I am by no means saying i am happy with Agnew far from it but atleast i feel he would appoint experience etc..has some idea what it takes to run a British club. AHHHHHHHHHH

I was just thinking exactly the same. It's a complete turnaround when suddenly you are hoping Agnew is going to do us all a favour.

I would imagine that Shaw is begging the Raos to not green light his appointment.

more like begging not to be potted and promising to go along with shebby,

oh and saying, my my thats a big garage you have, do you need any shelves for it

Hold on - some people are saying Macdonald is actually at Forest as assisstant to Mcleish?

Has Macdonald DEFINITELY been appointed at rovers or is it just that Cryer, Kamy & Nixon think so (you know how Venkys change their minds)?

And has Ali DEFINITELY been made a coach?

No on both counts.

i think the decisions Venkys have made over the the last 2 years have gone beyond the point of naivety and stupidity and if they appoint SS and Ali they are now deliberate sabotage and fans now need to take a stand ,perhaps an hour of venkys out , shebby out, an hour before k.o followed by a mass walkout 5 mins into home games

I'd rather Bowyer and Hendry got the gig than McDonald and Ali.

Bowyer deserves a chance somewhere and it would be quite romantic in a way if Hendry could rehabilitate himself by leading us back to some success. I don't quite understand the level of antipathy towards Hendry, he's been through more personal tragedy in one lifetime than anyone should have to endure and it's no skin off my nose if he borrowed money off that Hector chap and didn't pay him back. That's a matter between the two parties concerned and between them alone.

Wistful thinking probably and obviously a totally unsatisfactory solution.

Just slightly more appealing than Ronald McDonald and Comical Ali.

We will soon be viewing the fifth person in charge of first team matters this season and the New Year is not even here yet. Tells you all you need to know about our owners and higher management.

Regarding Shaw (in particular) going to Pune. Anyone who has had any dealings with this guy will know he is a fair few sandwiches short of a picnic. And drinks and cutlery. Looking to him as some sort of shining light in amongst the increasing darkness is absolutely laughable. We are owned and managed by total incompetents and I don't use the word lightly.

Ali is just a 'guest' apparently...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8364497?

Does that originate from the previous interview when Shebby said he (Juan) was here as a guest as part of a long standing appointment in order for him to observe how all sections/levels of the coaching at the club were run-not much to observe now for the poor guy they've all been released. Seems bad timing for the poor lad!!

Bowyer deserves a chance somewhere and it would be quite romantic in a way if Hendry could rehabilitate himself by leading us back to some success. I don't quite understand the level of antipathy towards Hendry, he's been through more personal tragedy in one lifetime than anyone should have to endure and it's no skin off my nose if he borrowed money off that Hector chap and didn't pay him back. That's a matter between the two parties concerned and between them alone.

Don't worry, I'm sure Hendry will be in the frame, afterall he's already proved he's a crap manager.

No on both counts.

Ok and thanks.

There is a tiny glimmer of hope then. There is then an outside slim chance that somebody might just see some sense. It would appear that SS was on the verge of putting HIS management team in place (hence Cryer, Nixon and Kamy getting the story) and somebody somewhere has hopefully slammed the brakes on.

Everybody in the entire keaning world (apart from the Global Numbnuts) can see we need an experienced manager and that he should choose the backroom team. Maybe someone has pointed out to the brothers that Shebby has gone crazy.

Please, please, please appoint a real manager and let him manage. Please Venkys - pretty please. You know it makes sense, please appoint a real manager and let him manage. Balaji - this is earth calling - appoint a real manager and let him manage, Shebby's your friend Balaji, he's not a manager (and neither was Kean or Marradona or Ali or Macdonald). Balaji, Mrs D you are going to lose keaning millions unless you keaning listen. APPOINT A KEANING MANAGER AND LET HIM DO THE KEANING JOB. It is not keaning rocket science.

Reserve team manager does not "deserve a chance" just because he is the last man standing.

Hendry lost his wife which was a tragedy for him but some of his behaviour since then has been despicable to say the least.

Hendry? No thanks mate. I was pleased with the signing of Berg in as much as I thought some decency and common sense would return to proceedings. Time to get rid of the drinking culture inherent at the club once and for all.

Maybe thats what he's been observing at Blackburn too. Seeing if our coaches fall into line with the elite coaches at the highest levels.....and they've now gone/been released.... Oh bar Colin Hendry he's obviously a class act!!!

Hold on - some people are saying Macdonald is actually at Forest as assisstant to Mcleish?

Has Macdonald DEFINITELY been appointed at rovers or is it just that Cryer, Kamy & Nixon think so (you know how Venkys change their minds)?

And has Ali DEFINITELY been made a coach?

Or somebody has read the backlash, comments on this MB - which has put the brakes on things. As you say, Cryer, Kamy & Nixon - each must have heard something to reach the conclusions they did. But something has changed.

you only deserve a chance if you have earned it, no-one at rovers currently even remotely deserve a chance, dont talk crap

Don't be so rude then.

And read what I posted properly. I don't think Bowyer and Hendry would be an acceptable solution by any stretch, I would just take it over MacDonald and Ali.

Or to put it another way as people seem to be having trouble interpreting what I meant, MacDonald and Ali would be the worst possiblescenario I could possibly envisage. Bowyer and Hendry the second worst.

Archived