BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

This is indeed a joke, however what did we expect? The likes of Venkys, Singh, Agnew, Shaw, Hendry to do something right? Don't be silly.

Trouble is, I acted with my feet 18 months ago, unfortunately there are still those who believe they're supporting the club by going on, the irony is incredible.

There is a simple way of resolving the issue, that every single paying Rovers fan can control, people just refuse to accept it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Venky's plan was to make us India's team and they are still pursuing it. Indian owners,Indian Board, Indian executives and, as soon as possible, Indian players. That's the dream, or for us-----the nightmare.

I wouldn't worry if they were any good but just like the admin they'll be chosen because they are Indian rather than because of their ability. If/when we protest, we will be labelled racist. It's a grim outlook alright.

My thoughts too 47er

As long as Venky's own the club it's just a case of 'when' I stop going. There's no future for myself following Blackburn Rovers. That's the reason I decided to go to every match this season, it might be my last.

I also think that SS believes he's doing a good job here with the backing of the fans. That needs to change and change very quickly.

Correct Den. I watched him on sky wandering about outside the club shop without a bodyguard!!!! He is in a comfort zone thinking the fans like him!!

Singh has to be seen for the charlatan he is!

I also think that SS believes he's doing a good job here with the backing of the fans. That needs to change and change very quickly.

I am thankful to Shebby but for only 1 thing. His role in getting rid of Kean.

The fans have already boosted his ego.

As Shebby crossed the turf moor pitch after the derby, He was hero worshipped by the majority of rovers fans. Bowing, thunderous applause, and chants of Shebby, Shebby

I'm still staggered.

Ali and MacDonald would be the end for me.

Depends on perspective - I support the institution that was started in 1875 - not the one purchased two years ago by our new owners.

I decided to start supporting Rovers because they are the main club in the town where I was born - not because of who the owners were, whether we were successful or not, whether we were the best club in Lancashire, whether the stadium was modern or falling down (as it was when I started - those that stood in the old Riverside will understand ;-) )

I cling to the hope that they will eventually see sense - because I see nothing but a bleak future for Rovers if they don't.

I started supporting Rovers for exactly the same reason as you + none of my family would have spoken to me if I hadn't.

In today's circumstance we need to distinguish between long-term and short-term ie we need to suffer by staying away now in order to get our club back sooner. Not that we are missing much, arguably the suffering is greater when we attend.

Worse, every time there are a few thousand fans there, then Venkys can feel they have something to work with.

So, stay away for a while and perhaps we can get our club back. If you have any other suggestion I'd be pleased to hear it.

Singh and Ali taking training today .........

Time to boycott big time !

How many players are going to suddenly develop injuries for the Barnsley game?

Players are not going to willingly accept day to day training from either of these two-good grief!! i suspect a few niggling hamstring injuries.....

I'm not saying those who play have no integrity-but good grief any professional players going to have serious issues like fans with this!!

That's exactly what SS and Venky's are counting on. Fans turning up is seen as a mandate for what they're doing. It's the only mandate they've got. If we had an empty stadium, they couldn't claim to be acting with anyone's backing.

They could also say an empty ground shows that the local folk have lost interest in football, so sell off the assets of the club.

It is a rock and hard place situation. Boycotting, imo just damages the club further - as well as possible showing fans are angry etc.

Attending matches, does not damage the club. But at the same time, could be interprited as fans showing support for venkys etc.

Every fan wants the team on the pitch to be a success.

I think one possible solution would be for fans to come to matches as this helps the club. but find ways to damage venkys chicken business, their global image. As then, they may let us go. Taking man u as an example, they hate the glaziers, but still attend matches.

Rovers fans need to find ways of doing to venkys what they are doing to the club, damage them. Only then will they feel the pain rovers fans are feeling.

I

So, stay away for a while and perhaps we can get our club back. If you have any other suggestion I'd be pleased to hear it.

You know the solution, it was common in the 1960s and 1970s but folk are too frightened to discuss it because it's seen as "illegal" and the site might get in trouble. Fact remains it is the only solution to make the owners wake up.

They could also say an empty ground shows that the local folk have lost interest in football, so sell off the assets of the club.

It is a rock and hard place situation. Boycotting, imo just damages the club further - as well as possible showing fans are angry etc.

Attending matches, does not damage the club. But at the same time, could be interprited as fans showing support for venkys etc.

I think one possible solution would be for fans to come to matches as this helps the club. but find ways to damage venkys chicken business, their global image. As then, they may let us go. Taking man u as an example, they hate the glaziers, but still attend matches.

Rovers fans need to find ways of doing to venkys what they are doing to the club, damage them. Only then will they feel the pain rovers fans are feeling.

The problem is that Venkys are very happy with any publicity. The comments made in their year end accounts support this, that buying Rovers has been a masterstroke in global exposure. If, and its a big if, theres a way this could actually negatively affect their core business then it would be really effective in getting them out. To do that then all fans need to be united behind this too.

Attending games with Ali and Singh in charge damages my wallet !!!

It will not happen !

I'm back to the opinion that supporting the team away from home is the only way to show support for the team but not for the owners

Archived