SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wonder what the team is gonna think at training:

Players like Murphy, Pedersen, Gomes, Robinson, Givet have played at the highest levels in world football, the latters at international level. How ever much off the boil they've been this season, they are all seasoned and respectable professional footballers. What on earth are they going to be thinking if they see the likes of Judan Ali turn up with the bibs and cones at Brockhall, are they gonna listen to a word someone like him has to say? Would he be able to offer anything extra in a coaching role whatsoever? I sincerely hope he is not appointed into any senior coaching role as he would probably be almost as clueless as Hendry currently looks. Hopefully it's only a rumour and he genuinely only has been around the club to learn things to take back to wherever he is working currently.

The point about Ali's inexperience was the same regarding Steve Kean, and will be true about any no-mark the owners try to bring in, as the players simply will not play for a no-mark, who would? Also, what are these players gonna think when the new coaching staff turn up before the manager? Think about it practically, what the hell are they gonna be able to do? All this nonsense is gonna lower morale further and make it harder still for whoever has to eventually stop the rot.

I've read Ali's wikepedia profile ( I know sometimes skewed ) but it does state that a Bollywood film was made about his struggle to break into the game. Breaking down prejudice & all that.

Now I imagine fat bum Mrs D being told to watch that by SPECCY TW@T, and she falls for it hook line and sinker. Bloody great publicity for the V's in loony Pune land.

Clutching at straws here, but could the Judan Ali story be a leak, designed to out a certain person. Would tie in with a certain person being summoned to Pune.

Maybe the power struggle has reached end game.

Apologies if this had already been suggested, there has been a lot if posts to look through since last time I looked, havnt read them all as its down right depressing at the moment.

I would be ashamed to see a coach of such low caliber hired at ewood.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how our players could possibly allow a guy like Judan Ali telling them what to do. An under 15 coach, who has done feckall at a high level in terms of management. Imo, this was already setup a long time ago, and I do hope that the fans will not stand for this, irrespective of how results go.

• Backroom
I'm sorry, but I cannot see how our players could possibly allow a guy like Judan Ali telling them what to do. An under 15 coach, who has done feckall at a high level in terms of management. Imo, this was already setup a long time ago, and I do hope that the fans will not stand for this, irrespective of how results go.

Ali will be a joke as far as the players are concerned and they're not going to take instructions from a 52 year old nobody who hasn't held a permanent managerial post in his life. If I was a player at Rovers right now I'd be doing everything possible to escape this ship before it sinks into oblivion.

the LT says Nuno Gomes could become player manager now.

Maybe Danny Murphy could become player manager.

but we got no chance of getting Hughes or Di Matteo as manager.

on talksport now Phil Brown would be interest in the manager at rovers

Nuno Gomes as player manager?

This all better be a massive smokescreen and they better appoint a proper manager.

How right i believe you are with this statement. These (Judan Ali and Mcdonald) are names which have been floating around in the background for a longtime.

I was very suspicious of the appointment on a long term contract of D.Murphy especially when he expressed a desire to manage at Fulham not long before.

There had to be a reason why Nuno Gomes agreed to come to Rovers also-promises had i suspect been made and now they might come into play. Maybe he will run the 'little Portugal' side of things.

Do we get a manager on top of this ( a token powerless figure head/yes man) or just Shebby in his role as Director of football. Who else is making decisions i.e transfer targets etc (especially if Shaw/Agnew are shown the door). All this leading up to the January transfer deadline (a co-incidence??). Was the Berg won't last scenario staged did people realise this would be the final out come/that ultimately he would prove not to be capable?? (An old player to appease the fans at the time and give some reasoning for an appointment-that could easily be removed when results did happen and leaks made to the press). The Venky's model it appears were looking for a 'Yes' man coach this is why Sherwood was sounded out and other potentially experienced managers were seemingly ignored. This it would seem from speculation has always been their model (since the removal of big sam and the board and the appointment of a coach in Kean) But why?? Maximum development of signings i.e the portuguese, maximum selling on value?? maximum profit?

Most worrying is who is making the final team selection/tactical decisions/where to concentrate on in training etc thought to guarantee our safety.... iFrom speculation it would suggest our want to be 'manager' director has insisted on being part of this role for a while now but results have been far from good and for him to carry on... well....you couldn't write a Judan Ali movie about this....

P to R to O to T to E to S to the T. Word, PROTEST!

We will and we should not allow this appointment of Comical Ali to happen. If it does, and you still support what is happening, then you have to look long and hard in the mirror, and ask yourself just why you are still supporting this dross of owners and management.

Thanks BrisRover.......I feel like slitting my wrists after that ESPN article. Essential reading for all Rovers fans, especially those "superior souls" who blindly insist on blaming the fans.

Still no bad word for Kean - the Indy one even paints him as an innocent bystander.

Much like wig-gate, you have to wonder who is feeding this stuff to the press. Because ALL it is doing is putting pressure on Singh and making him out to be a fool or something more devious.

Now, in whose interests is it to do that? And who has the necessary media contacts?

Blackburn Rovers will tear itself apart before too long. Not only do we need a new management team, we need a complete new board.

How about the Action Group do something for once.

"If Venky's fail to appoint a recognised, experienced manager and choose the likes of McDonald or Ali then there will be a mass boycott from all supporters"

I'm just clutching at straws but better than nothing.

How about you do something for once OR failing that, join them and make your voice heard?

At least the press are beginning to realise just how ridiculous this situation is with our owners. Until they go, we are doomed.

and with increased press exposure is increased pressure on those in a position to ask the right questions of certain goings on or face potential embarrassment and bad press for not having acted/investigated. The Venky's show is played out even more in public....maybe Venky's in doing this will be banging their own nails into their coffin!!! We can dream!

Archived