BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an absolute shower of sh1te that list is.

Unbelievable how quickly our stock has fallen.

Hard to disagree Jason, if he was interested, we should have snapped Holloway's hand off last time then presumably we wouldn't have been in this predicament now.

I think it's a case of "name your own promotion bonus time" and hoping someone like Hughes or Curbishley has a change of heart. It can't be that unattractive a proposition for a few months work surely.

Philip L: Where do you get Rösler from? Would he swap top of the table with Brentford to join rovers in turmoil?

My choice is hard betweem Bowyer and Davies, Ok Bowyer is unproven but is a manager and the player seems to have confidence in him. Thats what means anything.

Davies has a proven track record but what if the players dispise him? We need a manager that can get the players together and play no matter what.

With everything thats gone on previously under the leadership of the chicken farmers I would guess there is a very good chance Shebby will be the new manager but I would be happy with Davies from the above list. Still no where near good enough in my opinion.

Best we can hope for in to creep into the play offs so we need someone with experience of them!

My votes in order of preference.

1. Billy Davies:- been there, done it, aggressive commanding figure needed at club.

2. SGE:- Was England and Man City manager not so long back and didn't do terribly in either job, not so good at Leicester though.

3. Gary Bowyer:- Only seen him in the last two games and I've liked what I've seen but it could be down to luck.

4. Phil Brown:- Got Hull promoted from this division but Preston relegated could go either way so risk involved.

5. Mark Bowen:- Not sure what he'd be like as a manager but he knows the club and has was a good assisstant to Hughes, risky again.

Shabby, Judas Ali, Mc Donald and Taylor, not a fecking chance!

Archived