BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Careful....... He'll prob be sacked in the morning!

Appleton in the Mirror:

Blackburn are the third club Appleton has ­managed in the FA Cup this season, after being in charge at Portsmouth and Blackpool.

Asked which club he will be in charge of for the quarter-finals, he laughed and said: “Hopefully, this one.”

It's easy to see how Blackpool only lost 2 games under Appleton. With Jordan Rhodes up front it's likely they would have turned more draws in to wins.

Appleton is proving himself the perfect option for Rovers right now.

It feels a tad strange having a good MANAGER for the first time time in two years. EIEIEIO up the football league we go. When we get promoted,this is what we sing. We are rovers we are rovers! Appy is our King!!

I'd love to hear the fans singing that.

Not watched much of us recently - taken from yesterday, we look well organised, players are working hard and willing to put their bodies on the line.

That's all I ever ask of any Rovers eleven. No names,no pack drill but there's still the odd one that is incapable of buying into the ethos. No doubt Appleton will sort them out though.

Guest Norbert

After every game he impresses me a little bit more. It seems the pride, organisation and work ethic is returning to the team after 2 years of lax, chaotic nonsense. I have admitted that my hostility may have been misplaced before, but at least when we win we can feel like it may not have been a fluke, and we can enjoy it without seeing Kean's round head.

The thing I noticed yesterday that I had not seen for some time, players talking to each other helping each other was good to see. Proud of the lads yesterday a real backs to the wall gritty performance. As a side Merson is a pillock. "Should have started with Walcott et al and then when Arse were three or or four up taken them off" How figgin arrogant is that.

The thing I noticed yesterday that I had not seen for some time, players talking to each other helping each other was good to see. Proud of the lads yesterday a real backs to the wall gritty performance. As a side Merson is a pillock. "Should have started with Walcott et al and then when Arse were three or or four up taken them off" How figgin arrogant is that.

I'm surprised that anybody can take an illiterate, incoherent, ex alcoholic and ex cocaine addict seriously. Another oxygen thief employed by Sky.

Noticed that as well. Particularly Orr and Dann.

So far so good from Appleton, very impressive start - seems a very forthright character, knows what he wants and has instilled an excellent work ethic in the squad.

From speaking sensibly to making on the face of it decent calibre signings, whilst still early days, it looks promising.

Archived