BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 4th Round - Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dad thinks jordon rhodes has the joint club record for an individual striker scoring in consecutive games at rovers.

I have no evidence to the contrary but finding it hard to believe in 137 years no one has scored in more than 7 consecutive games.

So thought with the collective knowledge on here is he right? I'll have to eat humble pie if he is after flat rejecting it.

Apart from not scoring against Bristol city

Just under 1,300 Rovers and superb vocal support away from home yet again. The players really do respond to it, decent performance today with the difference being a solid platform at the back and we took the chances. Special mention to Dann and Murphy, two ive moaned about but they looked the part today although it's long overdue. Tactics good as well, Derby are pretty poor but they had their moments. For once we found a 2nd then killed them off.

Cracking day out. Great result, decent performance, thought the fans were excellent too.

Everyone played well, but extra-special mentions from me for

Rochina, grew as the game went on and reacted well after a poor performance against Charlton. Forced the Derby keeper to make two brilliant saves in the second half.

Dann and Hanley, looked solid all game, Dann took goal superbly.

Rhodes, textbook Jordan, took his only chance with aplomb,

And finally my man of the match....................... Kazim-Richards, what an asset when he's on his game, bullied the defender for the crucial first, linked up well all game with the midfield and Rhodes, particularly with Rochina when he came on and generally just oozed class from start to finish. A thorn in Derby's side and shows why he has to play and has a future at the club, I guess you just have to put up with the odd poor performance along the way.

Dann and Murphy have been good in every game since Berg left. It just seems to require at least 5 good games in a row before the scapegoaters leave someone alone.

That's what we require from them though, consistency.

Well yeah I agree but its not long overdue now because its already been happening for about a month, but the fans who like to dig their heels in about certain players have refused to acknowledge it. Even today one fan loudly objected to a positive song being sung about Dann. As far as I'm concerned Dann has been superb under all our managers this season who know how to organise a defence (so not Kean and surprisingly not Berg).

As for Murphy, I really hope he starts getting a bit of love from the fans. He put in the kind of shift on Tuesday that should have floored a 35 year old, and 4 days later on every Derby message board they're talking about how Murphy specifically destroyed them. Narrowly pipped Kazim-Richards today as my man of the match.

I more or less agree with that. Both get barrells of stick when they have a bad day but not much praise when they play well. Despite what anyone aims at Murphy he does still have quality about him. Used the right way he's an asset but he is always going to struggle with the legs later in games but maybe he's developing a second wind :)

Just under 1,300 Rovers and superb vocal support away from home yet again.

You sure about that figure? Others have said there were over 2000 there, and the photo appears to confirm that.

Credit to those who went. I'm surprised we took that many but fair play. I didn't go and I regret it now. Rovers fans were very vocal on radio lancs

My dad thinks jordon rhodes has the joint club record for an individual striker scoring in consecutive games at rovers.

I have no evidence to the contrary but finding it hard to believe in 137 years no one has scored in more than 7 consecutive games.

So thought with the collective knowledge on here is he right? I'll have to eat humble pie if he is after flat rejecting it.

Rhodes didn't score against Bristol city in the cup. However he has scored in the last 5 consecutive league games

TBF, it's Arte et Labore, not Labore et Arte.

But I agree with you! Let's get points on the board, climb the table then worry about whether the football was beautiful or not!

We mustn't celebrate too much cos many on here would class this as a hollow victory, not in the spirit of the game, beneath the dignity of the once mighty founder members of the Football League and the Prem, winners of the FA cup 3 times on the spin and instead see it as a reason to hurl abuse at the manager............ cos the first goal was hoofball personified.

We mustn't celebrate too much cos many on here would class this as a hollow victory, not in the spirit of the game, beneath the dignity of the once mighty founder members of the Football League and the Prem, winners of the FA cup 3 times on the spin and instead see it as a reason to hurl abuse at the manager............ cos the first goal was hoofball personified.

I don't think was 'hoofball' in the traditional sense, that being a ball launched long in to an area to turn a defence around or utilise a big striker. It seemed more of a clearance that the Derby defence made a hash of. Full marks to CKR for emphatically pouncing on the error.

You sure about that figure? Others have said there were over 2000 there, and the photo appears to confirm that.

Credit to those who went. I'm surprised we took that many but fair play. I didn't go and I regret it now. Rovers fans were very vocal on radio lancs

Indeed so..... but tbf they didn't have much competition from the other end yesterday did they?

I don't think was 'hoofball' in the traditional sense, that being a ball launched long in to an area to turn a defence around or utilise a big striker. It seemed more of a clearance that the Derby defence made a hash of. Full marks to CKR for emphatically pouncing on the error.

Not hoofball? :o Lowe nearly won the crossbarr challenge.... from behind his own 18 yard line! The assist travelled about 60 yards in the air........ Only difference being who the manager is I'd suggest.

Indeed so..... but tbf they didn't have much competition from the other end yesterday did they?

Not hoofball? :o The assist travelled about 60 yards in the air........ Only difference being who the manager is I'd suggest.

I tried to explain my point by saying that, imo, it was a launched clearance that the Derby defence didn't deal with. To me it wasn't a premeditated 'percentage' ball aimed forward as part of policy of direct football.

It also seems a little churlish to neglect goals two and three. Both excellent finishes which finished off moves consisting of a number of short passes.

Time to move on from Alardyce I think. (Well,it was long ago imo)

It was an ale house ball alright. Nothing wrong with that though, they can unsettle the best teams. I remember Notts Forest playing a German team in a European cup game at Forest. They'd footballed the Germans to death for 88 minutes but the Germans were completely unruffled and the score was still 0-0. Larry LIoyd launched an ale house ball about 75 yards. German centre half who'd got everything on the ground all night missed a simple header, a Forest player nipped in ands it's 1-0.

To me it wasn't a premeditated 'percentage' ball aimed forward as part of policy of direct football.

We used to call it 'a corner flag ball'. Best place to lump it toward when the team is under pressure and players are out of position.

It was an ale house ball alright.

First person I heard use that term was Tommy Smith Liverpool in the mid 70's.

Archived