Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 4th Round - Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When's the draw for the 5th round?

Luton at home please

That'll do me. Something good is happening at Rovers. Long may it continue!

Sorry Maj, entertainment can wait afer the sham that is the last two years. I'll take some good honest effort and graft coupled with some organisation. That's where we need to start.

He means fewer (I assume)

I was wondering if he meant "scored" but that would make more sense.

And wouldn't have illicited a 'cheeky' response! :P

That'll do me. Something good is happening at Rovers. Long may it continue!

Sorry Maj, entertainment can wait afer the sham that is the last two years. I'll take some good honest effort and graft coupled with some organisation. That's where we need to start.

TBF, it's Arte et Labore, not Labore et Arte.

But I agree with you! Let's get points on the board, climb the table then worry about whether the football was beautiful or not!

Fantastic performances in the last couple of games now. Appleton is really getting the side organised and hard to beat. Always fancy us to get a goal with quality individuals like Rhodes so if we can become hard to score against then we have the real makings of a good team.

That`s two games now where our opposition have failed to carve out a genuine chance against us. That is down to organisation and hard work.

My Blackpool-supporting pals told me when it was all but certain that Appy was going to join us that the first thing he did with them was to work on their defence to make them more difficult to score against. If we can develop a reputation for keeping "clean sheets", then that'll be a good start for me.

Just got back from the game. Rovers were awesome and could have scored more. Derby County weren't great though but you can only eat the team your up against. Hoping we draw a midlands team so I can hopefully go to the next match.

New tactics under Appy? :P

Maybe we'll be drawn against the Toffees in the next round? (Not sure I'd fancy trying to eat the Lions, though!)

Just got back from the game. Rovers were awesome and could have scored more. Derby County weren't great though but you can only eat the team your up against. Hoping we draw a midlands team so I can hopefully go to the next match.

I know we all wanted players who were hungry but bloody hell.

Very good team performance with a solid looking formation. There was a lot more hunger and desire today than I have seen for some time. I thought Jason Lowe was our best player at right back. Danny and Hanley once again looked solid and Pedersen in a central role suited him better. I thought that this enabled Murphy to get on the ball more and co tell the tempo. I spoke with several fans today with many years of ups and downs between them. The general consensus is that although nobody is getting carried away there are definite green shoots starting to appear.

What follows is a post from the Derby County fans' equivalent of this Board:

CumbrianRam

• photo-29.jpg?_r=0

• Moderators

• 11,734 posts

Posted Today, 4:33 PM

0-3 now, fully deserved.
Sounds like they were totally dispirited in playing against us. Let's hope that we can induce similar feelings in every other Championship team we play this season. Then, who knows what might await us?

Don't write us off just yet.

Three things needed in this leaguse- organisation, confidence and momentum.

Just watch us go now.

Hope your right Mercerman. Momentum is important, a little feel good factor will help. The tide is turning.

Archived