BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 4th Round - Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Stuart

I'm due to do a walk from Darren to Cherry Tree Station via Sunnyhurst woods, Darwen tower and Tockholes (and the ale houses inbetween) tomorrow. :D

Best of luck - I've been out this morning on the track up to Higher Wenshead (past the Sunnyhurst Pub and keep going) and it's waist deep in places where it's drifted! Both cars abandoned in different parts of Darwen last night.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just been out on Jack's Key with about 8 others clearing the snow. Shame on those who didn't help! Even a 90yo guy was making brews and spreading grit for us.

There are those willing to do it and those willing to let them.

Just been out on Jack's Key with about 8 others clearing the snow. Shame on those who didn't help! Even a 90yo guy was making brews and spreading grit for us.

The are those willing to do it and those willing to let them.

sounds like the Rao's have moved to Darwen

Today's game would be perfect to see some of the subs in action.

So, unless any of them is injured, I would chose the following starting 11:

Sandomierski

Orr (if he is back), Henrique, Givet, Morris

Rosado, Etuhu, Dunn, Nunes

Slew, Goodwillie

Since MA probably won't change much, it will be something like this:

Kean

Orr, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson

Vukcevic, Murphy, Lowe, Pedersen

CKR

Rhodes

Had a read through the Derby forums and they are very confident about this one. Bit surprising really.

Read through one at the time of the draw and someone called us a "nothing club" so for that reason alone I hope we spank them today.

Don't know much about them other than that WIll Hughes is easily their best player but my brother tells me they're really good at home.

Can see someone coming in for Pedersen and Lowe moving to RB with Etuhu coming in, other than that I expect an unchanged side.

Hopefully Nunes and Nuno Gomes make an appearance.

Really? They have played 14 league games this season at home winning 7, drawing 5 and losing only twice.

They will be a tough team to beat.

They are good at home, but to have about 65% of them expecting a fairly comfortable win still surprises me. Maybe I've just become too used accustomed to the negativity of this board.

Rovers starting 11

Kean,

Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson,

King, Murphy, Pedersen, Markus Olsson,

Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Subs: Usai, Givet, Fabio Nunes, Dunn, Nuno Gomes, Rochina, Goodwillie.

very strong team. looking to win for deffo and Appleton wants his first win as Rovers manager.

I definitely don't think were getting a play off place this year so a good cup run could be just the tonic.

I'm kind of warming to Appleton as he seems to be addressing issues that other managers didn't (weren't allowed to?) but we need to see some results starting with today.

Decent line up, whoever we pick for centre midfield it will be weak with the options we have

Is Simon injured or is it bye bye from him?

Gotta be bye given Appy's message about the 12 number 10's. Even though Simon can play out wide he's not what you'd call a winger, which is what he seemingly wants to go with.

• Backroom
Gotta be bye given Appy's message about the 12 number 10's. Even though Simon can play out wide he's not what you'd call a winger, which is what he seemingly wants to go with.

He would however be a better option than Pesersen in the centre

I wonder if there's anything in the rumours of his bad attitude or more probably his large bonuses

King injured already

Very poor this.

Either he wasn't properly ready in which case he shouldn't have started or he could be another injury prone player with a hammy, likes of Owen, Hoilett come to mind.

Archived