BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Backroom

If Allardyce could have succeeded in building his upper body strength and work with him in training, why not? Kevin Davies didn't look like a Kevin Davies in the making at 21, he was a winger at that age.

Quick point on the last sentence...what are Kalinic's strengths? I can't think how we could have set the team up to play to them. Inzaghi was a player from a different era.

Hitting the upright in front of an open goal?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else now get that excited feeling when thinking about Rovers again? Wanting to be the in the loop constantly, hoping we sign someone who will be a great addition to the team/squad. I really did lose that over the last two years. And my passion during games has increased 10 fold.

Nowhere near what it was pre-venkys but I do now become mildly excited when we score.

Undoubtedly there will be something around the corner that will crush any hope into the ground, but for now, with Shebby quiet and the owners seemingly leaving App to it, I just hope we have turned a corner. Provided we aren't heading for financial oblivion of course :mellow:

Does anyone else now get that excited feeling when thinking about Rovers again? Wanting to be the in the loop constantly, hoping we sign someone who will be a great addition to the team/squad. I really did lose that over the last two years. And my passion during games has increased 10 fold.

Nowhere near what it was pre-venkys but I do now become mildly excited when we score.

Undoubtedly there will be something around the corner that will crush any hope into the ground, but for now, with Shebby quiet and the owners seemingly leaving App to it, I just hope we have turned a corner. Provided we aren't heading for financial oblivion of course :mellow:

+10

In a way we're a bit like the pre-Etihad Citeh; always raising hopes!

I'm actually toying with the idea of getting my replica shirt out for the first time in about 18 months!

If Allardyce could have succeeded in building his upper body strength and work with him in training, why not? Kevin Davies didn't look like a Kevin Davies in the making at 21, he was a winger at that age.

Davies was already a...heavyweight, shall we say, when he wound up at Bolton, and I don't think he was short a few pounds even in his early years. Sam simply made the most of his constitution and made him into a battering ram. Kalinic is a completely different animal.

Quick point on the last sentence...what are Kalinic's strengths? I can't think how we could have set the team up to play to them. Inzaghi was a player from a different era.

I would say his positional play and technical ability were top notch, as was his finishing when he was lucky enough to get a sight of goal. Unfortunately, this wasn't much good when faced with the thankless task of competing by himself for scraps against an entire backline.

Really impressed with how Appleton is going about things. I am a bit surprised we are looking for two wide players rather than one and a central midfielder...? CM is where we are weakest I think.

we need a right winger for sure. needed one since Emerton leave.

we got 5 centre midfielders at the minute, Murphy, Etuhu, Lowe, Peds, Williamson.

I'm really impress with the way Appleton is going about building a squad. looking for players with a point to prove like Williamson and Bentley.

Think this could be an inspired move. Away from the limelight of the PL, Bentley *might* just knuckle down and recapture some of that old magic he had here. I don't imagine MA will tolerate any passengers.

Agree.

Loved him when he was here.

Some beauty goals and his crossing/shooting was ace. He also had some nice dribbles and tackles in him.

If we plan on lining up 4-4-2 our midfield looks better now and we actually have depth in the squad.

We all have Rhodes, Best, Kazim, King fighting over 2 spots up front.

CB: Rekik, Dann, Hanley, Givet (Orr)

LB: Olsson, Rekik, Henley

RB: Henley, Orr, Lowe

LW: Olsson x2, Peds, King,

RW: Bentley, King, Kazim, Orr, Best

CM: Williamson, Murphy, Lowe, Peds (Looks like our achilles at the moment)

CF: Rhodes, Best, Gomes, King, Kazim

Bentley said this last year about the way he left rovers and he did it the wrong way

"I was gutted at the way I conducted myself when I left Blackburn, saying I wanted to leave. If I could take that back, I would. I'd apologise to the fans and John Williams, who was the chairman, for the way I left.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2012/07/08/bentley-convertible-forgotten-man-of-spurs-and-england-opens-his-heart-102039-23906079/

• Backroom

Can't see a downside to the Bentley deal

Sure his wages may be big but that shouldn't concern us (after all we rarely praise the owners for cost cutting so can't have it both ways) if he comes good then great, if not then we still have the same options we have had recently plus DJ and now Martin O for the wing

we need a right winger for sure. needed one since Emerton Bentley left

we got 5 centre midfielders at the minute, Murphy, Etuhu, Lowe, Peds, Williamson.

I'm really impress with the way Appleton is going about building a squad. looking for players with a point to prove like Williamson and Bentley.

Corrected for you Chaddy. Emerton was far more effective at right back with Bentley in front of him. Good defensively, worked well as a team, and Emo was fantastic in the overlap, often utilised as a dummy run to give Bentley room to whip in those dangerous crosses.

Archived