BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree with you Tyrone but then it's a pretty subjective argument.

What does World Class actually mean? Does it mean that he as a turn of pace or the skill or trickery to beat a man? Maybe.

Does it mean that he would get into any team in the world? Maybe.

If its the latter then, in his prime, Beckham was world class. He DID play for two of the biggest teams in the world. And he could have has his pick.

I agree it's subjective, it's a matter of opinion and everybodies got one. It boils down to how well informed your opinion is. There's another thread on this site concerning restaurants, if you're a young person whose experience of dining out is confined to Macdonalds and KFC with the odd trip to your local Indian for your birthday I would argue your experience is a bit limited and your views may be a bit narrow.

Was it Ped who headed the ball on for Olsson yesterday? I couldn't make out who it was on the clip I saw but whoever headed it deserves a mention because it was cushioned and directed perfectly into Olssons path.

It looked like it was MGP and from the position on the field, midfield-left hand side, it should have been him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Pedersen. Only other person it could have been was Rhodes, but he was closest to the ball as it crossed the line so couldn't have been.

Anybody see the Cryer tweet that Pedersen could be on his way? Not sure if he meant the way was being paved for him, there was interest in him, or just speculation that given new arrivals he'd be surplus to requirements.

Stats never tell the whole story. I've been told the same stats tell us MGP is our best player. My eyes tell me a different story.

The cold hard facts are few and far between in football, but it's those stat's that truly win games.

What manager wouldn't want a player that would score 60 in 260 and create 160 goals oh and will boost your income by 10's of millions of pounds???

Most managers would probably enquire if they had two.

The cold hard facts are few and far between in football, but it's those stat's that truly win games.

What manager wouldn't want a player that would score 60 in 260 and create 160 goals oh and will boost your income by 10's of millions of pounds???

If we're still talking MGP that's great news. When we get the massive transfer fee for him who do you think we should spend it on.

Stats never tell the whole story. I've been told the same stats tell us MGP is our best player. My eyes tell me a different story.

Pedersen could score a double hat-trick but as far as he was concerned your eyes would still tell a different story.

Your constant criticism of him is wrong and out of order.

To be honest, defensively aside, Pedersen offers us very little these days. Kudos to him on the assist but those moments are a little too rare for me, especially when you consider the monopoly he has on set pieces.

That's not to say I think he should be out of the team. his defensive abilities should not be underrated.

The thing people dont see from Peds is his workrate, very underestimated and covers well, of course at times he will play a bad ball, maybe a poor set piece but this guy is an International footballer with loads of caps, can score goals, take set plays, has a long throw and has a high ratio of assists, as Majiball states, a very useful player to have around despite him getting to the twighlight of his career. He's been a good servant to Rovers, despite what some think!

I agree it's subjective, it's a matter of opinion and everybodies got one. It boils down to how well informed your opinion is. There's another thread on this site concerning restaurants, if you're a young person whose experience of dining out is confined to Macdonalds and KFC with the odd trip to your local Indian for your birthday I would argue your experience is a bit limited and your views may be a bit narrow.

I'm really not sure how to answer that. Have you watched much South American football? I'm sure many fans of clubs over there would say player x is the best in the world.

Also, you haven't really answered my question, just suggested that people who only ever eat KFC don't know food (as though such a person exists) obviously I can only speak from my own experience - how else can I comment. Are you are suggesting that because you have seen more players than me you own the benchmark? Of every player who has ever existed, Beckham is almost certainly not on the top 20. 50 even. And I now to your greater experience of all of these great players.

BUT...

"World class" is the subjective term. For me those who are considered world class have to be compared with their peers in the era they play in. Anything else is simply theoretical.

So my question was: in his prime would Beckham have walked into any team in the world? My opinion is yes. That is what makes him world class.

Pedersen could score a double hat-trick but as far as he was concerned your eyes would still tell a different story.

Jim, , that's my opinion. This is a message board, it's for people to post their opinions on. My criticism of him is because I think he's a liability. There are plenty of other people on here who would agree with me, there are other people who agree with you. It's called a debate. If he's that good some top side will be in for him any day now.

Jim, , that's my opinion. This is a message board, it's for people to post their opinions on. My criticism of him is because I think he's a liability. There are plenty of other people on here who would agree with me, there are other people who agree with you. It's called a debate. If he's that good some top side will be in for him any day now.

No they won't because he's too old and obviously past his peak. However he is still a good player for us and worth his place in the team. I think your constant sniping at him is unjustified.

Other news. Arsewipe wenger clearly tapping our Jordan up on the Arsenal website. On my phone will put a link.up.later.

To be fair to Wenger ( :wacko:), the comments were made on Friday. Probably in a bid to try to play mind games with our best player of the season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-rhodes-has-something-special

This is the article in question.

Not tapping up at all, I'd agree with what Stuart says. Wenger's probably one of the best for not talking about other teams' players.

imo Pederson always makes us look much more compact, is rarely out through injury, has a good temperament, plays intelligently and possesses a good left foot. However the new guys coming in means that he is starting to look an expensive luxury. Not half as much as Murphy mind!

I don't think Pedersen plays intelligently at all. I don't get on his back but a few times a game he's lax and misplaces simple passes/totally keans up, jumps out of a tackle or panics and boots the ball high in the air when unchallenged. I find him quite annoying and gets getting to the stage where he's only providing defensive cover, aside from freak occurrences like the very good header this weekend. Puts in the odd good free kick but then he should given how many he takes. His corners tend to be pathetic.

Archived