BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those that have been regularly this season will know the squad doesn't need tweaking, it needs bulldozing and building again.

Jake Kean, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson, Henley, Lowe, Bentley, King, Rhodes, Best. of those that have regularly featured are all that I would look to retain.

Yep, what do you need an England U21 international for? Get shut, he's rubbish.

I'm with you Veiny. Runs his @#/? off for the cause, trying to make up for at least 2 other absentee midfield colleagues whilst playing out of position. (is he not a right back?)

But he's useless in some people's eyes.

FFS some people do really need to get off their backsides and witness a game or two first hand.

Completely useless at Center mid...just because he runs around doesn't mean he impacts the game...the next time he makes a crunching tackle or frees a man with a clever pass will be the first...he's a passenger who gives the ball away way too easily....will agree that he looked better at RB...he and Murphy in the center of the park is the main reason we will have a hard time making a promotion push

Completely useless at Center mid...just because he runs around doesn't mean he impacts the game...the next time he makes a crunching tackle or frees a man with a clever pass will be the first...he's a passenger who gives the ball away way too easily....will agree that he looked better at RB...he and Murphy in the center of the park is the main reason we will have a hard time making a promotion push

Out of interest what would you put Dann's and Hanley's dramatic improvement down to?

It's certainly not divine intervention.

I'm with you Veiny. Runs his @#/? off for the cause, trying to make up for at least 2 other absentee midfield colleagues whilst playing out of position. (is he not a right back?)

FFS some people do really need to get off their backsides and witness a game or two first hand.

I was there as usual. He is awful in possession and needs to get stuck in more.

No he is a midfielder not a right back.

I don't rate him and today we saw him lose the ball a few times, however he showed effectiveness whenever he ran forward as he does have an engine, at one stage I think he whipped in a decent ball and he tried a couple of one-twos. The balance of the central midfield is awful as Murphys best work was him intercepting a few stray passes; when they both go forward we see a big gap in behind them.

Maybe Lowe should be instructed to try and link play more often?

Oh? This Ryan Tunnicliffe? http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-uniteds-ryan-tunnicliffe-receives-801118 ? The one who's gone to Barnsley? About his level, I'd have thought.

Not that it's really anything to do with Rovers but it sounds like a genuine error of judgement from a young lad. A lot of people will have done similar in their youth and got away with it because they didn't have an accident.

Whilst it must have taken guts (or ignorance) to phone the police himself I can't help wonder if his first call was to his agent (or at least his parents) who advised him. It seemed to impress the judge though.

"We have lost pace in our side. In my second game I said I wanted pace in the wide areas. It is crying out for pace.

“What Bents (David Bentley) has done though is give us that quality and composure on the ball, but if we can mix that up with real pace on one side (by bringing in Thomas) then it will be a good balance.”

Can't argue with that.

Pace alone we have already in Ollson mk2.........That is not enough; we need skill allied to pace. Has Thomas got both? If not, then he isn't the answer.

He's a million miles away from Markus. Thomas has skill as well, and a final ball. He tore us a part when we played them under Kean.

Appleton must agree with you as well, because if it was just a case of wanting pace on the wing then he has Markus. As you say though, he's very limited.

Am I alone in finding this obsession with Thomas to be bizarre? OK King's out for a couple of weeks more, but aren't these two pretty similar and will be fighting for the same spot (given we've got at least a couple of wide right players)? Surely central mid is more of a priority? I'm confused.

• Moderation Lead

Am I alone in finding this obsession with Thomas to be bizarre? OK King's out for a couple of weeks more, but aren't these two pretty similar and will be fighting for the same spot (given we've got at least a couple of wide right players)? Surely central mid is more of a priority? I'm confused.

I wouldn't object to putting Bentley in the centre, and putting Thomas (providing he signs) and King on the wings. Though we would miss Bentley's crossing, I feel he may offer us that bit of craft in the middle we are alarmingly lacking.

I think King is more versatile, being able to play left, right or behind the striker. For those purposes he would be a very good impact substitute whilst he learns his trade in this division.

If we can get him and Best back in the squad and on the bench soon, they would be two excellent options to change a game from the bench. At the moment we just don't have that option.

Thomas is more of a natural winger though who will cross the ball. King is more of an "inside-forward" type who will look to cut inside.

Pace alone we have already in Ollson mk2.........That is not enough; we need skill allied to pace. Has Thomas got both? If not, then he isn't the answer.

Thomas is awesome in the championship, tons of pace, vision to spot chances and he can score. The only thing keeping him was his injury at the start and Odemwingie then played in his position keeping him out

Archived