BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Is he any good? I know nothing about him. What position does he play?

Central midfield. Plays for Reading and has been a key player for them over the years. A very decent championship player but not good enough for the prem.

Need someone like him so would be a good signing.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this Givet / Dunne / Samba / EHD / Nelsen / Salgado / N'Zonzi stuff is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. If the club and the player could agree the agent wouldn't and would stick a spoke in the wheels of any deal, it's all just a symptom of the way football works these days.

Problem that we have had imo is that bad management and greed has precipitated the loss of some damned good players and replaced them with some seriously long term and crap talent. 4 year deals at massive cost for 36 year old never-has-beens and bog ordinary football journeymen and the like is just suicidal. Singling out Murphy here but lets be honest if he was any use and we had got promoted he cant cut it in the Prem any longer so wtf was the thinking behind a 4 year contract?..... or do we really need to ask who else benefitted financially from the deal?

He deffo refused to play, tore off his jersey and had a bitch strop at Eric Black

I was told this 5 mins after the game by someone in the dressing room, and it wasn't the first time either.

I know it sounds poor but surely it's small wonder given the goings on over the past two years with his (departed) teammates which he will have been witness to is it. Everybody has their breaking point.

All this Givet / Dunne / Samba / EHD / Nelsen / Salgado / N'Zonzi stuff is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. If the club and the player could agree the agent wouldn't and would stick a spoke in the wheels of any deal, it's all just a symptom of the way football works these days.

Problem that we have had imo is that bad management and greed has precipitated the loss of some damned good players and replaced them with some seriously long term and crap talent. 4 year deals at massive cost for 36 year old never-has-beens and bog ordinary football journeymen and the like is just suicidal. Singling out Murphy here but lets be honest if he was any use and we had got promoted he cant cut it in the Prem any longer so wtf was the thinking behind a 4 year contract?..... or do we really need to ask who else benefitted financially from the deal?

It's a two year deal that Murphy is on Theno. Etuhu is on a bumper 4 year one however. Both will be nigh on impossible to shift this summer.

I can see your point of view thenodrog but when you are a professional footballer, and handsomly paid then surely going out on the pitch is a gimme, not removing your jersey at half time and refusing to play because you disagree with the manager.

The person who told me was shocked at his behaviour, he couldn't believe it, probably why he hasn't featured since. Givet doesn't tell the media about this though, does he.

He was the bearded warrior granted, but there is no I in team, and Givet let the team and fans down, big time.

And besides imo he regularly played the opposition onside by not pushing out as a unit, and relied on last ditch tackles (outside the box) way too much due to being caught out of position.

Rumours on twitter that Jay Tabb will be coming on loan shortly.

If true I think it will be a good move. He looked like one of Readings' best players earlier in the season. A busy player who can also pick out a decent pass if I remember correctly

Why are we still looking to bring players in on loan? Surely this is a complete waste of time and money. We already have the biggest and most expensively put together squad in the league and have failed to do anything so why will adding a few more players improve that? If loans are for 13 weeks and players are on about £10K a week thats £130,000 (plus any loan fees) to bring in a player to play a couple of games and go back to his club in May. We aren't going up, we have loads of players already, so whoever is in charge should just well Appleton to do his job and stop looking for excuses.

I don't think we should bring any loans in. Play some of the promising Academy kids. You never know who will step up like Henley.

It's tempting, provided we actually have some promising young kids these days?

I'd consider the likes of Nunes, Cotton (issues), the other hanley/henley kiddy, Edwards, O'Connell, Tim Payne and see how they get on.

We're highly unlikely to get promoted so lets see if the last few months can't blood some kiddies who may well help us get back up next season.

However, also consider that blooding the kids may result in less funds being available next season as if they do well, funds generated would surely be pushed across to covering our monthly loses.

It's a bit of a catch 22 for me as funds surely are spiralling out of control @ circa 2 million a month.

I don't think we should bring any loans in. Play some of the promising Academy kids. You never know who will step up like Henley.

Yeah I have to agree there, a find it a bit strange.

The only way it would make sense to me is if they are young players from the top clubs, who might contribute some (if not all) of their wages because it would mutually benefit both clubs. Can't see the point in bringing in an expensive loanee like Jerome Thomas at this stage.

Jay Tabb to rovers is in today's Daily mirror

Wow missed that one. I was hoping in the summer he was one that we could move for, but as he was playing frequently for Reading I thought it was impossible.

He's a proper footballer, I think he'd be very popular if we got him.

Something not quite right with that article. It says Tabb is seeking a more permanent deal. Well, as we're outside of the transfer window, he won't get one until the summer.

I hope we go back again. If he wants permanent then offer him a permanent deal when the window opens. He's the sort of player we're crying out for in midfield.

Gives me faith in Appleton at least, he's picked a very good player to target there.

That's a shame. Didn't really know much about him so did a bit of googling. Seems the Reading fans loved him, just read the comments section:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8391534/Reading-midfielder-Jay-Tabb-has-been-told-he-can-leave

Not many in Rovers entire squad you could say those things about!

Why not try and get with an option to buy at end of the season rather than a straight loan. It may entice him & spur him on to do well.

Guest Norbert

Jay Tabb would be good. He was a good at Coventry at this level, and scored a few goals, and carried that on at Reading. No point in a loan though, as the play-offs are out of reach barring some miracle.

According to Swedish media, Alexander Kacaniklic just went on loan to Burnley. He would have been great for us, some nice pace down the left wing.

Seriously? He's excellent, been really impressed whenever I've seen him. I think he can play in the middle as well, would have been an excellent addition.

Seriously? He's excellent, been really impressed whenever I've seen him. I think he can play in the middle as well, would have been an excellent addition.

Yes, apparently Burnly's chairman confirmed to a Swedish site that they will be loaning him for the rest of the season. We should have been all over that.

Archived