BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

I would make Murphy a coach next season instead of player. And we can regotiate his salary for a coach role instead.

Does anyone know if Jones has signed for Rovers.....every player called Jones have been good for Rovers.

Why would Murphy agree to reduce his wage for any role? That isn't even a case of greed, who would agree to a pay cut?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

If Murphy is that bad (I admit that as a non-sky subscriber who lives miles away from Ewood Park I haven't managed to see much of him), he should be shipped off to another club. Of course, in reality he'll probably hang around taking his wages and put in poor performances like a non-crippled Vince Grella and we'll just have to hope his wages are not too damaging for other targets.

And let's just see how Stewart and Jones do before calling them 'talentless c_nts'.

• Backroom

Any news on the two loan signings we will have in by the peterborough game?

or is it a Hoillet to sign in 24hours story?

Two in now :)

Jones looks a decent enough addition. Stewart not so much

If Murphy is that bad (I admit that as a non-sky subscriber who lives miles away from Ewood Park I haven't managed to see much of him), he should be shipped off to another club. Of course, in reality he'll probably hang around taking his wages and put in poor performances like a non-crippled Vince Grella and we'll just have to hope his wages are not too damaging for other targets.

Murphy is that bad and worse. He dwells on the ball and slows everything down or loses possession and his poor passing, something he's meant to be good at, lets him down all the time. You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of accurate passes he makes in a game. Our problem is, who else would have him? we either pay up his contract or we're stuck with him.

If Jones is match fit, he'd go straight in a 5 man midfield for me, with Bentley just behind Rhodes.

No, scrub that. If he can stand up without falling over, he'd start.

Especially if he can tackle or make an accurate forward pass.

Cryer is right. We are a midtable Championship team. We may have plenty of experienced Premiership players in the squad, but none that any other team would pick up right now. If I was a Prem team I wouldn't even pick up Olsson at the moment. He's been far too erratic. Face it, next season we need to get rid of the dead wood and bring in players who have either tasted the Premiership before and want to get back or players who have never tasted it and really want it. Those are players that will get us up. Not the Pedersens and Murphys. I think Appleton deserves credit for recognising this and starting his rebuild for next season.

How are many of these signings any different from when we brought in Mahon, Bent or any number of the players we signed the last time we were down here? It's nice if we can sign players ready to play in the premier league, but the reality is that a lot of our signings need to be players suited to playing at this level who can be brought in relatively cheaply.

What worries me is whether they are good enough for the Championship. The stock is getting more diluted by the day.

Oh dear.......I guess you had not read Aggies post that I was replying to. In that post, Aggie had posed the question about what players (if any) would be signed in the unlikely (should that be "miraculous") event that we somehow achieve promotion to the PL again this season, and what signings we should make in the pre-season window. :huh:

So you don't think we'd sign any players during the preceding window before the PL started?

Not as many as we'd need to bridge the gap between Championship dross and Premier League competitors.

Oh dear.......I guess you had not read Aggies post that I was replying to. In that post, Aggie had posed the question about what players (if any) would be signed in the unlikely (should that be "miraculous") event that we somehow achieve promotion to the PL again this season, and what signings we should make in the pre-season window. :huh:

Dear old Fife, no criticism of your post intended or implied. Just simply reflecting on the quality of the players we are buying or are linked with these days.

The important distinction is that the players we signed last time we were down here were half-decent.

Have to give Appleton's signings a chance before we start to judge them. Many of our most successful signings in the last decade have come with very unimpressive resumés.

Guest Norbert

To add to Eddie's point, the other extreme is Bergkamp. Look how long it took him to settle down and score at Arsenal, and then what happened. Obviously the likes of Stewart are nowhere near the class of Dennis, but the non-flying Dutchman took a while to show Arsenal what he could do despite all his talent.

Archived