BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly underwhelming but no point in wasting money. He's looked half decent whenever I've seen him, I think he'll be more of a threat than Markus on that left wing anyway.

Slightly underwhelming but no point in wasting money. He's looked half decent whenever I've seen him, I think he'll be more of a threat than Markus on that left wing anyway.

Is there no end to your optimism? We are going BACKWARDS"

"More of a threat than Markus (sic)"!!!!

Stewart----fails at Burnley, what can he offer us? Your response, as usual, is "let's give him a chance eh"!!

Totally pointless signing because we have NO chance of making the play-offs not "a slim chance" as you wrote.

Until we tackle central mid-field with quality signings in summer we will continue to flounder. Big question marks about Appleton as there was when we signed him.

Hull fan here - he's not very good. He's lightweight, can't go past a man, can't cross to save his life and never, EVER scores. Plus he played for Burnley FFS...

PS. On a side note, he looks like a mixed-race Mr Bean, which has always tickled me

Who remembers Matt Woods, manager of Stockport County, saying about Johnny Price "He never, ever scores"?

How many goals did the diminutive winger get for us? Quite a few.

Doesn't matter how a player "looks". If he does the business, that's OK by me.

If he's too @#/? for hull he's too @#/? for us. SIMPLE AS...

• Backroom

Has anyone considered that Appleton may just be doing a try-before-buy? Like us, perhaps he knows we're not going up.

He's after a pacy lw and perhaps doesn't rate nunes? He sees him a lot more than we do after all.

I never understand why every little thing becomes a conspiracy with you lot.

I barely remember this lad now. Looked fairly tidy if ineffective in his first appearance and faded away from there.

Lightweight, timid, disinterested. The classic modern young footballer, probably made as much money as he needs already, has bright, shiny boots, and almost no inclination to work or fight for anything.

I'd say all this even if he was brilliant, seeing as he's just signed for you. But it's true anyway.

Has anyone considered that Appleton may just be doing a try-before-buy? Like us, perhaps he knows we're not going up.

He's after a pacy lw and perhaps doesn't rate nunes? He sees him a lot more than we do after all.

I never understand why every little thing becomes a conspiracy with you lot.

+1

I expect a mass cull at the end of the season with lots leaving and arriving.

This is a big job and will take a lot of time to sort out, patience and perseverance are key words over the coming months.

We're slowly but surely coming down to our level. In 12 months time our squad will be full of average Championship players that would have next to no chance of staying in the PL if by some miracle we got promoted.

We're slowly but surely coming down to our level. In 12 months time our squad will be full of average Championship players that would have next to no chance of staying in the PL if by some miracle we got promoted.

So you don't think we'd sign any players during the preceding window before the PL started?

So you don't think we'd sign any players during the preceding window before the PL started?

Yes we will make a number of replacement signings, but how many will be of the required standard to play in the PL?........or even be anywhere near the standard of players we have lost in the last season or two?

• Backroom

More money being lashed up the wall, let the lunacy continue. How many players does he want?

'He want'? We need loads!!! And of good quality too. I don't particularly see why we've signed Stewart, but it's a loan to see if he'd be any good for next season. You can bet we've all but given up on going up this season.

Yes we will make a number of replacement signings, but how many will be of the required standard to play in the PL?........or even be anywhere near the standard of players we have lost in the last season or two?

What worries me is whether they are good enough for the Championship. The stock is getting more diluted by the day.

You would think with Williamson getting injured Appleton would see central midfield as a priority in the loan market, perhaps not?

Go to agree with Amarillo (the artist formally known as Topman) that we should be looking into giving some of the academy players a try especially as the chances of promotion this season look remote. Who knows we could have a player or two that could do a job from the youth setup, all they might need is that one opportunity.

Centre mid needs addressing we all know that but when you have a player who may well be contracted to start every league game then what do you do ? pray he gets injured ? A part of me wouldn't be suprised to see Murphy starting next season in the same position as he seems guaranteed to start now, possibly even with his mate Dickson. The thought makes me shudder.

I would make Murphy a coach next season instead of player. And we can regotiate his salary for a coach role instead.

Does anyone know if Jones has signed for Rovers.....every player called Jones have been good for Rovers.

Archived