BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Swedish media, Alexander Kacaniklic just went on loan to Burnley. He would have been great for us, some nice pace down the left wing.

Played under Dyche at Watford last season, so that gives them a edge over us. maybe Appleton tried but decide to play under a manager he knows

A hull reject coming in. Hardly inspiring. Think we are just desperate to get bodies in tbh. WBA won't let Thomas go out on loan so we'll have to wait until the end of the season for him.

Appleton clearly doesn't rate Marcus Olsson.

I agree that Dave Jones would be a very good addition, mind you. Been promoted twice and a very experienced championship player. Type of player we need to get out of this league.

Stewart is only 21 years and has pace. so lets give him a chance. Maybe Appleton has bought him in to have a look before looking to signing him in the summer. tried before you buy.

Think Marcus Olsson is a decent backup but clearly doesnt rate Pedersen who I think will leave in the summer.

Agree with Jones comments.

Underwhelming and a bit pointless in my opinion

We aren't going up, just give Nunes some time

Think Nunes hasnt impress Appleton and will leave in the summer.

Burnley has made a awesome signing in Kacaniklic, couldnt Believe it.....don't know anything about Stewart.......

Jones would be a good signing if happens...

Think Appleton want a British Nationality Squad. I agree with this policy

Have you see Kacaniklic play?

Burnley has made a awesome signing in Kacaniklic, couldnt Believe it.....don't know anything about Stewart.......

Jones would be a good signing if happens...

Have you see Kacaniklic play?

yes very good player but has gone to play for manager he knows

Think Appleton want a British Nationality Squad. I agree with this policy

!!!are you serious!!!

English speaking yes, entirely UK-don't be ridiculous.

always great too have a good bunch of uk players, but even the uk national teams struggle to get good teams together.

change my post on this 4 mins ago

I see, but I still think its just a daft idea too only sign players that have played in England, surely part of being a good manager/coach/scout is too spot quality regardless of the country they play in or the level they are playing at.

I see, but I still think its just a daft idea too only sign players that have played in England, surely part of being a good manager/coach/scout is too spot quality regardless of the country they play in or the level they are playing at.

I somewhat agree but this is what I think Appleton is trying to do. didnt say I would personally tho

Oh come on, we've got enough @#/? central midfielders, lets get some more @#/? wingers in to balance it out

Just like we did with Rhodes where we balanced up his goalscoring prowess by signing a crap striker on loan who couldn't score in a brothel

Hull fan here - he's not very good. He's lightweight, can't go past a man, can't cross to save his life and never, EVER scores. Plus he played for Burnley FFS...

PS. On a side note, he looks like a mixed-race Mr Bean, which has always tickled me

Who remembers Matt Woods, manager of Stockport County, saying about Johnny Price "He never, ever scores"?

How many goals did the diminutive winger get for us? Quite a few.

Doesn't matter how a player "looks". If he does the business, that's OK by me.

Who remembers Matt Woods, manager of Stockport County, saying about Johnny Price "He never, ever scores"?

How many goals did the diminutive winger get for us? Quite a few.

Doesn't matter how a player "looks". If he does the business, that's OK by me.

Stewart failed at a Premier League club, two Championship sides and League One Yeovil. I have seen him play dozens of times at this level, and I am telling you now that not only does he not score, but he doesn't cross, pass, tackle or head either. He's a trier and a good kid, but nowhere near the standard required at a club fighting for promotion to the top-flight. By the end of his loan, he couldn't even make the BENCH at Burnley earlier this season. Bruce slagged him off for being fat and unfit when he came back too, so don't get your hopes up.

Stewart failed at a Premier League club, two Championship sides and League One Yeovil. I have seen him play dozens of times at this level, and I am telling you now that not only does he not score, but he doesn't cross, pass, tackle or head either. He's a trier and a good kid, but nowhere near the standard required at a club fighting for promotion to the top-flight. By the end of his loan, he couldn't even make the BENCH at Burnley earlier this season. Bruce slagged him off for being fat and unfit when he came back too, so don't get your hopes up.

It's Keith Andrews isn't it.

1. His attributes sound like he'll settle in straight away.

2. He isn't joining a club fighting for promotion.

3. Burnley can do that to a man. Comfort eating can be the only solace to a man sufferng such depression.

One thing being owned by venkys and managed by kean taught most of us is never to get our hopes up.

Archived