BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No point in wasting our money now that they play offs have gone.

We need to start signing Championship players with talent and a burning desire to step up. As good as Thomas is, I fear he'd be another in a long list of players taking a step down and not having that hunger.

I'd rather we went for someone like Michael Antonio at Sheffied Wednesday. He's extermely quick, scores goals and gets plenty of assists. Only 22 but has a decent amount of experience for his age. Or players like Albert Adomah at Bristol City, or Sakho from Wolves.

Fed up of having players who don't give a toss about making it to the PL. Let's get some players who want it badly.

if thats your attitude, theres no point in playing any more games for the rest of the season

Obviously you aren't in business. Now that the play offs are gone the season is virtually over. Why sink further into debt? This club must be the laughing stock of the lower divisions.

• Backroom

Let me get this straight. It's fine for the fans to give up on the season but it's not ok for the players?

The fans are more a part of the club than any player. Sure, realistically we won't make the playoffs. So why aren't we aiming for an fa semi (maybe final) and 7th? Avoiding relegation is still something we need to do. Giving up won't help achieve that.

I don't understand the mentality of some people on here at all.

Most sensible down to earth fans gave up before new year. The players are paid very well to keep trying. Rubber dinghy men springs to mind. Hopefully Rekik and Campbell arent a portent of the kind of dross we should expect to see come in this summer.

Let me get this straight. It's fine for the fans to give up on the season but it's not ok for the players?

The fans are more a part of the club than any player. Sure, realistically we won't make the playoffs. So why aren't we aiming for an fa semi (maybe final) and 7th? Avoiding relegation is still something we need to do. Giving up won't help achieve that.

I don't understand the mentality of some people on here at all.

Basic difference here. The players are professionals well paid to do their job. We mugs have to pay to watch them not put in.

So "yes" we can have any attitude we like but they have a duty to try their best EVERY GAME.

I think his comments which made the headline are in the context of not having any support whilst frozen out by the club

Another classy move from the club:

"'And they told me: 'If you go out on loan, you'll have to renounce your final year of contract'.

'That's impossible! What if I get injured?"

Wouldn't let him go out on loan unless he gave up the final year of his contract.

Salgado, Nelsen, Robbo and Givet. Three player who, 2 years ago I'd have said cared more about Rovers than most of the squad. All treated shabbily and/or frozen out of the first team and them allowed to be treated as mercenaries by the club. Worse still, the fans keeping on swallowing it?

BRFC is fast becoming BSPR.

Still believe Givet is our best defender, and just hate the way he has been treated.

Works both ways. He has let himself down on more than one occassion. Yes he has been treated badly by our inept club over the last few years. But so have many others and i can't think of many others who have refused to play. When he does move on i won't remember him with much fondness.

Works both ways. He has let himself down on more than one occassion. Yes he has been treated badly by our inept club over the last few years. But so have many others and i can't think of many others who have refused to play. When he does move on i won't remember him with much fondness.

This "refused to play" thing bothers me. It's the one thing that swings sympathy from the 'badly treated, player to the club.

And who is it telling us players "refuse to play" or are "injured"...?

Yep. The Club.

This "refused to play" thing bothers me. It's the one thing that swings sympathy from the 'badly treated, player to the club.

And who is it telling us players "refuse to play" or are "injured"...?

Yep. The Club.

I've got no sympathy for the club Stuart. But i've also got no sympathy for the player. No smoke without fire i'm afraid. The bloke has done this on more than one occassion if i recall correctly. Now, Nelsen, Emerton and Salgado i do feel sympthy towards. They were good honest pro's who cared about the club and the fans. I challenge you or anyone else to put Givet in that bracket. The bloke has been treated badly yes, but so have many others. I don't hear much sympathy for the likes of Paul Hunt. Another treated badly by the club and seemingly for having good intentions at heart. Givet has given some warrior like performances on the pitch i'll admit. However, giving 100% at work whatever your job is the minimum imo. Doesn't excuse him for poor attitude. The clubs owners can go rot as far as i'm concerned but then, i wonder how many people would also say the same about the top brass in their respective employment? Still doesn't stop them going in to work every day and earning a living.

Still believe Givet is our best defender, and just hate the way he has been treated.

No sympathy for the man, none, zilch, nada. Refused to play, WTF is that, head not right, WTF is that. I can see me calling my boss oh boss me heads not right today I'm not gonna work, BTW pay me for it too. If he'd been busting a gut week in week out fine but he hasn't. Go Givet.

Archived