BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Cryers comments on twitter it sounds like Fabio was involved in everything good we did tonight.

Always impressed me, maybe he is one who could come in on the wing.

Personally, I thought Nunes was shocking tonight. His attempts at crossing were desperately poor with the final ball being more of a danger to the ball boys on the terracing behind the goal.

Re the Marcus Olsson miss, as you say, it was never on for a left foot shot in a million years. If he had a right foot it would have been perfectly good cross to have a go at. Why is it so many left footed players are really one footed ?

Yes it was, and especially so for a left footer. It's much harder to hit a shot that's coming across your body.

At that angle it would have been difficult to get control of the ball in the shot with his left foot. It is easier to let the ball come to your weaker foot and kick it back with a more natural motion. Left footed would have to be a jab if you were going back in the opposite direction, and it's hard to judge how much pace you will get on the ball if you connect that way. Could bounce off anywhere, like it did. And it's harder to get the body shaped up for it too. Not saying it's easy volleying on your weaker foot, mind.

At that angle it would have been difficult to get control of the ball in the shot with his left foot. It is easier to let the ball come to your weaker foot and kick it back with a more natural motion. Left footed would have to be a jab if you were going back in the opposite direction, and it's hard to judge how much pace you will get on the ball if you connect that way. Could bounce off anywhere, like it did. And it's harder to get the body shaped up for it too. Not saying it's easy volleying on your weaker foot, mind.

So wrong. He couldn't have taken it on his right foot cos he'd already overrun it. If he hadn't hit it with his left he'd have ahd to take another touch. Have you never played much football plastic?

A few years since we got good ones from Everton, Matt Woods we stole from them, George Sharples was a good signing too!!

Harry Leyland? But we 're going back a long way! Much easier to list the players they nicked off us (and the managers!)

Harry Leyland? But we 're going back a long way! Much easier to list the players they nicked off us (and the managers!)

Was goint to mention Harry but he really did eat more pies than Dunny and he got some real ear bashings off Matt Woods !!

I was only mentioning the really good ones, we also got Eddie Thomas I think but they took Vernon, Pickering, Newton etc!!

Personally, I thought Nunes was shocking tonight. His attempts at crossing were desperately poor with the final ball being more of a danger to the ball boys on the terracing behind the goal.

Nunes reminds me of Sergio Peter.

I'm 90% sure that we will see him leave in the summer.

Was goint to mention Harry but he really did eat more pies than Dunny and he got some real ear bashings off Matt Woods !!

I was only mentioning the really good ones, we also got Eddie Thomas I think but they took Vernon, Pickering, Newton etc!!

Eddie Thomas wasn't a good player but Harry was.

So wrong. He couldn't have taken it on his right foot cos he'd already overrun it. If he hadn't hit it with his left he'd have ahd to take another touch. Have you never played much football plastic?

He hadn't already over run it. He had the time to readjust but didn't.

To be fair, the chance came in a flash. It would need to be someone adept like Rhodes to take that chance. More preferably right footed too.

I still know that the hardest ball to hit is one coming across your body...... and especially so if your first leg is your most natural. Bit irrelevant tough cos he'd overrun that ball.

I still know that the hardest ball to hit is one coming across your body...... and especially so if your first leg is your most natural. Bit irrelevant tough cos he'd overrun that ball.

Wrong again, the hardest ball to hit is the one coming from behind you over your shoulder. When I was playing I worked for hours and hours and hours just working on my weaker foot. In the end I could control, shoot and pass equally well with either foot, I did favour my dominant foot for dribbling though.

Wrong again, the hardest ball to hit is the one coming from behind you over your shoulder. When I was playing I worked for hours and hours and hours just working on my weaker foot. In the end I could control, shoot and pass equally well with either foot, I did favour my dominant foot for dribbling though.

Whatever.

Archived