BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted to have bentley back,,,there has to be life in the old dog yet!! seems hes been around donkeys years, surely he can become a hit in the championship! once we improve CM were in business for the next 15 games...a draw at hull to keep the unbeaten run going and kick on form there!! :rover:

Buzzing. If we can get King fit, then we can move Bentley into that Murphy role, and push Martin into left wing.

Kean

Orr Dann Hanley Rekik

King Bentley Lowe/Etuhu Martin Olsson

DJ Campbell Rhodes

Then again, maybe Bentleys crossing ability will be lost, but i think he might offer a bit more than Murphy. I think at the moment, we might just have a bit too many in attack, or just who do we leave out? I suppose, that Best and King wont feature much in the last stretch of games, so Bentley and Campbell will provide that spark for now. All in all not bad business by Appleton

I may be wrong here but I dont think David Bentley is a central midfielder, never played there as I can recall, has played in the hole (another number 10) my guess is that Appleton wants the deliveries into the box and on his day, he's one of the best at that job, get the ball to him in wide positions, early balls in, some from the by line, some diagonal etc. a good variation of crosses is the key here ala Wilcox & Ripley!!

Ban me if you wish.

Your are incredibly cringe worthy at times. It's as though you feel you are a superior intellect to everyone, very strange.

I wonder how fit Bentley actually is. Has he played regularly in Russia? His injuries in the past can't help. It could take him the best part of 15 games to get to the pace of the game again. As mentioned above by Fife, confidence will be incredibly important too. Be interested to see if App can get him playing. Might show signs of excellent man-management to do so.

Delighted he is back but I have reservations as to how effective he will be from now until the end of the season. Fingers crossed

Seems 75 points makes the playoffs, with Blackpool doing it with 70 3 years ago...we currently have 44..can we do it??

it is still a big ask as we are not playing well at the moment. An infusion of class may just do the trick!

I may be wrong here but I dont think David Bentley is a central midfielder, never played there as I can recall, has played in the hole (another number 10) my guess is that Appleton wants the deliveries into the box and on his day, he's one of the best at that job, get the ball to him in wide positions, early balls in, some from the by line, some diagonal etc. a good variation of crosses is the key here ala Wilcox & Ripley!!

Call me an old romantic but Betnley represents some of our best moments in recent years. None better than the hat-trick he scored against United when we won 4-3. Watched that in a boozer in San Francisco and bought the bar a round. He scored a few goals from the centre midfield position but he can float in or out on the wing depending on the need. So call me an even bigger romantic as he comes on in the second half tomorrow to bang a few crosses in for Rhodes and the corner that ensures a last minute return to Ewood for a replay and a full house which we win 2-1 and our manager reaches legend status in less than a couple of months.

If only we had Appleton from the start of the season and the players he has brought in.

We have a quality championship team now, with a top manager. We'd have run away with the league. The only consolation if we don't get promoted this season is that we'll storm it next season with ease.

Don't feel pressured into making posts, David Icke, sorry philipl. You can stick to the other threads.

:tu:

'David Icke' :lol::lol:

If only we had Appleton from the start of the season and the players he has brought in.

We have a quality championship team now, with a top manager. We'd have run away with the league. The only consolation if we don't get promoted this season is that we'll storm it next season with ease.

I agree with the second bit, not so much the last. We could have some very serious moolah to contend with coming down to join us next season (qpr) as well as the big clubs we already have to fight it out with.

Me too, the next time Beckham beats an opponent one on one will be the first. Typical modern day player. All style and no substance.

I'd say Beckham was the complete opposite for "all style and no substance". He wasn't particularly stylish but worked incredibly hard and nearly always delivered an end product. He created countless goals for teammates and was always a steady goalscorer himself, double figures or there abouts each season.

Anyone who plays for Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan and impresses at each club can consider themselves to be a world class player. Club football doesn't get any higher.

I'd say Beckham was the complete opposite for "all style and no substance". He wasn't particularly stylish but worked incredibly hard and nearly always delivered an end product. He created countless goals for teammates and was always a steady goalscorer himself, double figures or there abouts each season.

Anyone who plays for Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan and impresses at each club can consider themselves to be a world class player. Club football doesn't get any higher.

+100 Beckham matured into a top top player, his work ethic gave him his ability to pass and take set pieces and always gave 100% in games, he would have kept us up last year, well, maybe not, we had Kean as manager!!

Archived