BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

I don't think Pedersen plays intelligently at all. I don't get on his back but a few times a game he's lax and misplaces simple passes/totally keans up, jumps out of a tackle or panics and boots the ball high in the air when unchallenged. I find him quite annoying and gets getting to the stage where he's only providing defensive cover, aside from freak occurrences like the very good header this weekend. Puts in the odd good free kick but then he should given how many he takes. His corners tend to be pathetic.

Think about the stage of the game when he did that, the time it takes for the ball to drop, the defence regroupes and we get back our shape, I think there were only 3 minutes to go yesterday and apart from hitting the corner flag with the ball, that was as good as he could do, Rhodes was behind him, we had no one up top so that ball, whilst looking bad, was indeed quite intelligent!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with that Kelbo, but the only passes Pedersen seems to connect with are 10 yards or less. He often just lofts the ball forward somewhat aimlessly and we will lose possession.

Especially when he's got the ball just outside the box when we have players inside it. And he'll just dink a ball over the top to nobody in particular and a good chance goes begging. Incredibly frustrating. He does play well occasionally so I'm not surprised when people sometimes say he has played very well like away at Leeds and a couple of other occasions this season but on the whole I don't think he offers our team much on the whole from what I've seen since 07ish, certainly not for the wages he's on. Saying that, his free-kicks from a wide position hardly ever seem to disappoint. If Marcus Olsson went with his right foot yesterday, he could have troubled Schezny (have no idea how to spell that).

• Backroom

I'd agree with that Kelbo, but the only passes Pedersen seems to connect with are 10 yards or less. He often just lofts the ball forward somewhat aimlessly and we will lose possession.

Especially when he's got the ball just outside the box when we have players inside it. And he'll just dink a ball over the top to nobody in particular and a good chance goes begging. Incredibly frustrating. He does play well occasionally so I'm not surprised when people sometimes say he has played very well like away at Leeds and a couple of other occasions this season but on the whole I don't think he offers our team much on the whole from what I've seen since 07ish, certainly not for the wages he's on. Saying that, his free-kicks from a wide position hardly ever seem to disappoint. If Marcus Olsson went with his right foot yesterday, he could have troubled Schezny (have no idea how to spell that).

It's Szczesny, I believe :) his first name's bad enough: Wojiech.

Think about the stage of the game when he did that, the time it takes for the ball to drop, the defence regroupes and we get back our shape, I think there were only 3 minutes to go yesterday and apart from hitting the corner flag with the ball, that was as good as he could do, Rhodes was behind him, we had no one up top so that ball, whilst looking bad, was indeed quite intelligent!!

I'm not talking about one particular incident. I'm talking about different occasions, at different stages of games when we have been winning, when we have been losing.

How many have you seen him, during the last 6 years Salgado?

I don't think Pedersen plays intelligently at all. I don't get on his back but a few times a game he's lax and misplaces simple passes/totally keans up, jumps out of a tackle or panics and boots the ball high in the air when unchallenged. I find him quite annoying and gets getting to the stage where he's only providing defensive cover, aside from freak occurrences like the very good header this weekend. Puts in the odd good free kick but then he should given how many he takes. His corners tend to be pathetic.

His delivery at the weekend was excellent. It's interesting that Appleton seems to have faith in him to do the sort of job down the flanks that he wants. He covers well and with Martin Olsson behind him there is no reason why they couldn't form the sort of partnership that Bailey and Waggy did in the past. I always feel that we are better balanced with Pedersen in the team.

His delivery at the weekend was excellent. It's interesting that Appleton seems to have faith in him to do the sort of job down the flanks that he wants. He covers well and with Martin Olsson behind him there is no reason why they couldn't form the sort of partnership that Bailey and Waggy did in the past. I always feel that we are better balanced with Pedersen in the team.

C'mon Parsonblue.... You know it's not fashionable to say anything good about Pederson on here.

So it seems like the Hull match comes too soon. Is Thomas still a target? Will we go for another CM or is Murphy, Lowe and Williamson enough? Appleton mentioned Dunn also like he counts on Dunn.

should be next week after the Sunderland game according to reports down here mate

Re the Marcus Olsson miss, as you say, it was never on for a left foot shot in a million years. If he had a right foot it would have been perfectly good cross to have a go at. Why is it so many left footed players are really one footed ?

And again

4 in two games now

What's he like on the wing?

We've an embarrassment of riches up front. Bodes well though if we get the odd injury, we have cover.

If we could just get a box to box midfielder. I wonder if Appleton and Barton could put up with each other...?

From Cryers comments on twitter it sounds like Fabio was involved in everything good we did tonight.

Always impressed me, maybe he is one who could come in on the wing.

Technically pretty good from the little i have seen. But i worry he isn't quick enough and he might be too slight for English football. Yes you do get small frame wingers in England, but the good ones make up for that with speed and / or sublime ability. Not sure Nunes has either at this stage. I hope he is viewed as a longer term project.

Archived