BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. Olsson was a revelation when Hoilett movbed inside and he played down the left at the end of Keans first half season.

Olsson had performed in midfield well before that. It was Allardyce who first started using him there. He was MOM at Turd Moor in that position.

Correct. Olsson was a revelation when Hoilett movbed inside and he played down the left at the end of Keans first half season. Helped greatly to keep us up along with the return of Hoilett and Jones and the superb efforts of J Jones, Samba and N'Zonzi. If we still had them we'd be winning this Div at a canter.

Don't take this the wrong way, but who are you and what have you done with the real Theno? We never agree on anything, lol.

I wasn't sure about Todd Kane. Looked ok but definitely won't make it at Chelsea. I'd say mid table championship is probably Todd's level. Orr and Henley are better than him.

Not saying he is at Chelsea's level just yet, but he has far more potential than dummy Orr has, far more. His style reminds me of Lee Dixson's lots to learn still though hopefully he'll stay focused keep injury free and make his name somewhere else that will push himself to the fore in six to seven years time.

Olsson had performed in midfield well before that. It was Allardyce who first started using him there. He was MOM at Turd Moor in that position.

Did he not play there once we were safe under Sam and had that great run playing a bit more football as well?

I wouldn't play both Olsson twins on either flank MKII is poor on his strongest side as it is. Impact player cover he's just not strong enough as a complete package for this level.

Next up a right winger although I can't help but think CKR will fill that void for the time being as Thomas clearly isn't coming.

Does anyone know when Henley is back?

Still believe he has what it takes to be a quality left-back?

Yeah definitely. In a team that plays with attacking full backs he would be very good. He's shown for Sweden that he's a good full back.

I don't think he's a winger at PL level because wingers are more like wide attacking midfielders now, and Olsson is far too one dimensional (head down and dribble, all one foot). However, at this level where tactics are more primitive and wingers can be slightly more old fashioned, I think he'll do well, especially if we are going to partner Best and Rhodes. Basically an upgrade on Markus.

Where is that dominant driving central midfielder that Rovers are so desperately missing ?

thats will probably be in the summer when we can buy one. very unlikely to get anyone in on loan now.

can you think of anyone we can sign now or summer for the box to box midfielder we need

Thought he was a cricketer until I checked Wiki !

Is that a gut feeling or have you heard a whisper ?

Razak is a name that was mentioned around transfer deadline day by a few sources so it may happen.

The one who went to Charlton and left early? Don't suppose anyone knows why?

He was recalled by City, not sure why.

He was also on loan at Brighton last season and did well there. He is another one who is highly regarded by City Academy staff.

Razak is a name that was mentioned around transfer deadline day by a few sources so it may happen.

Thought he was off to Brighton kammy? Was reported so on sky sports last week. He's a decent player to be fair and better than we have currently in midfield

• Backroom

Ince used him there in the league cup vs Everton.

Thought he was off to Brighton kammy? Was reported so on sky sports last week. He's a decent player to be fair and better than we have currently in midfield

He was previously at Brighton (last season) and I am sure that they are interested, but I suspect that Rovers also want him.

Where is that dominant driving central midfielder that Rovers are so desperately missing ?

I think we've got to be realistic about this, even if we had 5m burning a hole in our pockets we'd struggle to get dominant driving central midfield player, just not many about.

Archived