BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groks would have been a waste of a loan signing, defence has steadied up as of late, unless we where to go for a full back to add more competition there.

The Bentley story is interesting, would he get stick on his return? Surely a bit of a light hearted we told you so is in order.hopefully if he signs he will be more productive than when Santas Cruz returned on loan.

Why do newspapers put headlines like that? Then completely contradict the headline in the next paragraph? Tw@ts. This could happen, but its a bloody expensive punt. If we get him AND Thomas that'd be great. Along with the returning players, that's a much tidier and well balanced squad. But, still lacking in central mid.

Okay, although I think your question is intended to aggravate I will put it another way.

Appleton definitely wanted Gorkks, that has been reported .

Venky's have not given the go ahead for the loan signings, also reported by Kamy and Andy Cryer ( including quotes from Appleton ).

Had Gorkks had a choice maybe he'd have chosen us instead of Wolves.

The delay cost us any chance of us signing him based on the above.

Hope that's clear enough.

Lots of if's and maybe's in there to be facts.

Appleton is clearly disappointed and would sign players right now if given the option.

But who knows what the issue is? Gorkss will have wanted first team football. Bentley is already on loan at Rostov and will be on huge wages, and West Brom are reluctant to let Thomas leave because of their injuries.

None of those deals are simple. We concluded the two simple signings as soon as the loan window opened so that suggests the issue probably isn't on our side.

Well today is Wednesday, and Appleton would have been disappointed to not have more players in. Clearly he will not be happy, but anybody who thinks otherwise, need to get a reality check. There are clear improvements, but if we are going to push for that playoff spot, then Venkys need to back him, or expect another season in the championship

But who knows what the issue is? Gorkss will have wanted first team football. Bentley is already on loan at Rostov and will be on huge wages, and West Brom are reluctant to let Thomas leave because of their injuries.

None of those deals are simple. We concluded the two simple signings as soon as the loan window opened so that suggests the issue probably isn't on our side.

Are you talking about the two simple signings that we couldn't sign in time for them to be our players?

Are you talking about the two simple signings that we couldn't sign in time for them to be our players?

Well...Williamson is our player. It sounds like Appleton pulled the plug on the permanent deals because of extortionate agents' fees.

But that's all a little bit irrelevant. Even in the worst case and the admin was poor, the backing was there.

He said he'd be disappointed if he didn't sign someone yesterday, and he didn't sign someone yesterday so can we just take it that he's disappointed?

“I would like to think I will get one in before Tuesday night. I would
be disappointed if I don’t and then we have a week until the next league
game.”

Yeah of course.

Whether you read that is disappointed with Venky's/the club or just disappointed with the situation is another matter...

your leaving the door wide open for a post from the conspiracy camp

The Arsenal game gives a bit more time to get people in.

I also think we need 3 players, a right winger, central midfielder who still has legs, and a left back either for cover or to use Martin Ollson on the left wing.

The only place we really need to strengthen is midfield and that is only due to lack of bite and spark. Bentley may give us spark and ammo for Rhodes but I still think we should focus on the spoiler.

If we suffer an injury in defence we do have Givet and Orr who can cover the centre, Lowe who can cover right back and although not ideal twin 2 can cover left back as well as Givet. Dunn and Etuhu are due back anytime but I don't think they are the answer in the middle, I'd like Palacios from Stoke to rough people up a bit and give Murphy that much-needed extra time on the ball.

Problem is, money. We need Robbo and Givet off the books because they offer us absolutely nothing as it stands. If Gael was somehow shifted on, then we'd obviously need to get another defender in. As it stands, we are much more organised and pushing for the play-offs, a couple of quality signings could make all of the difference.

Archived