BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got some job ahead of him if he reckons he can transform Etuhu into a decent player. I don't think I've ever seen a player shrug as he watched the ball go past him, worst body language and half arsed attitude I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt.

Ethuhu was our best player at the beginning of the season, and you don't play top flight fr that long if your not at least half decent, think Appleton will make him good.

I meant transform him back into a decent player, I know him and Murphy have made a good midfield partnership in the past at Fulham. I still think he's realized he can't be arsed with football anymore and would rather sit out whilst collecting a nice pay packet. It will be a real test of Appleton's mettle if he can get him performing again.

Football has gone mad.

Campbell is decent at this level but some £25k per week. Feckin hell, total madness.

Watched Watford / Palace - Williams and Zaha are two sort of players we need, players who can drive at defences with the ball.

Paying that sort of money for very limited players on our current resources will only end in tears. And I'm not talking in the long term either.

Yeh and 22 of them were as a substitute. He never started games for Fulham. If people want to believe he did, fair enough. He's crap simple as that.

I'm not really fussed about him just wanted to highlight that he has played for Fulham and started most of his games too, if you feel he is crap fair enough but doesn't change the stats lol

Ethuhu was our best player at the beginning of the season, and you don't play top flight fr that long if your not at least half decent, think Appleton will make him good.

I hope you are right - and Appleton can bring some decent performances out of him. As you said - start of the season he was easily the pick of a poor midfield - he would have been ideal to bring on yesterday when Ipswich brought on the giants. However - at this moment in time I think Lowe is a far better bet - by no means is he a world beater - but is the type of bread and butter midfield player that makes a team tick.

I agree. In the same mould as Grella brings nothing. I love a good defensive midfielder but Etutu is not the answer to any question.

Grella was a good player. Just never fit enough to put a run of games together.

Grella was a good player. Just never fit enough to put a run of games together.

If fit he was never right for this league. He was so slow that he could only foul players, not tackle them. His cross field passes usually ended up with the ball boy as well.

Etuhu is definitely good enough for this league if fit and motivated. I'm hoping his massive slump in form was down to carrying an injury. It could make sense given that he's been out for a while, maybe he played through an injury due us having no alternatives. He certainly never used to be a lazy player or one that shirked tackles so I don't see why he should start that now.

Wow what a goal lad called Sunday Mba just scored for Nigeria. Superb individual goal. He doesn´t play abroad. Just saw the goal, no idea if is he good enough to England but Etuhu wouldn´t have done that. Or Grella who btw couldn´t pass even the easiest pass. No point still debate over Vince but he never was even decent player at Ewood.

I was down at Brockhall this afternoon, watching my lad play in an acadamy game, and got chatting to a member of staff. We were discussing Appleton and he mentioned that it was in fact Appleton who scuppered the deals for DJ and Thomas. Apparently he was not happy with the cut that the agents were after ... and stated that the club would no longer be taken for mugs (or words to that effect). Just thought I would mention this as a counterpoint to the 'administration is a shambles' argument that has been peddled on this thread.

I was down at Brockhall this afternoon, watching my lad play in an acadamy game, and got chatting to a member of staff. We were discussing Appleton and he mentioned that it was in fact Appleton who scuppered the deals for DJ and Thomas. Apparently he was not happy with the cut that the agents were after ... and stated that the club would no longer be taken for mugs (or words to that effect). Just thought I would mention this as a counterpoint to the 'administration is a shambles' argument that has been peddled on this thread.

If that's true then Appleton really could be the best man for this job at the moment.

Archived