BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we need to be worried about this or is it just Venkys taking there time (again) ?

By the way who is calling the shots now ? I got the impression Bala and Shebby was running the show. Is Mrs D actively making the decisions now ?

Could they be holding back so we have them for the playoffs as well as you can only loan for 93 days as per rule 53.3.7

• Backroom

Could they be holding back so we have them for the playoffs as well as you can only loan for 93 days as per rule 53.3.7

You're infering they actually know about rule 53.3.7.... two years ago they didn't think we could get relegated!!!

This is typical Venky's, hiding when they're being asked for something they don't want to do.

Appleton probably got all those players out the door on deadline day on the understanding he could bring people in on loan.

He is now beginning to learn about his paymasters.

Why not wait a week or so and see what happens. Everyone was having a breakdown on deadline day...turns out we ended up making two signings anyway and have won our two games since.

I can understand why people are tetchy but it really doesn't help when people are dramatising everything that happens.

Are you serious? He has been our worse player so far this season

I'm talking about as a squad player ideal for bringing on to protect leads and break up play. Appleton may be able to get more out of him. Don't wish away useful squad players. We've had too much of that through the years.

As for potential signings, we have no idea why we missed out on the first guy. maybe he preferred Wolves with a better chance of first team football. Not necessarily anybody's fault. Venky's have overseen a few loans recently, remember. So there's nothing to say we definitely won't see more, especially when the manager desires them.

Think it's a bit harsh to blame Venky's on this one. Didn't think Gorkks would happen because why would he swap the subs bench at Reading for the subs bench at Rovers. A move to Wolves means he's guaranteed 1st team football for the rest of the season.

Thomas' move is being held up by WBA - think it will happen eventually but they need him at the moment. Not sure what the hold up is with Bentley but imagine his fitness must be a concern.

For all Venky's faults, they have put up the money for transfers this season.

Gorkss has joined Wolves on loan so that's one that won't be happening

according to local press in midlands

Wolves saw off late competition

from Blackburn for Gorkss’ signature, with doubts over whether owners

Venky’s would back boss Michael Appleton for the capture of what would

have been cover for Scott Dann and Grant Hanley, whereas he has more

chance of a regular starting place at Molineux.

that sounds about right

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/02/12/wolves-tie-up-loan-signing-of-readings-kaspars-gorkss/

Why not wait a week or so and see what happens. Everyone was having a breakdown on deadline day...turns out we ended up making two signings anyway and have won our two games since.

I can understand why people are tetchy but it really doesn't help when people are dramatising everything that happens.

My point stands.

You only have to read Appleton's comments in today's LT to sense his frustration.

Getting the benefit of the doubt has to be earned.

Venky's haven't earned it.

They need to get their backsides in gear.

But when you don't know and there are many other reasons for Appleton to be frustrated it is best not to jump to conclusions prematurely. Inklings are fine, and natural, but that is all they are. Wait.

He wanted a player and missed out because he hadn't received backing from Venky's.

That is a fact.

After the progress on and off the pitch recently it would be sad if things starting regressing again.

Not being dramatic, it's a messageboard for opinions.

I haven't seen the interview where it was established as fact, I do apologise. Was this assertion made by Appleton or someone at the club?

Shame if true, but to be honest, of all the players looking to be coming in at the moment, the centre back bench player would be low on my list. Still, you'd like the manager to get in who he was. No major worry as of yet.

But when you don't know and there are many other reasons for Appleton to be frustrated it is best not to jump to conclusions prematurely. Inklings are fine, and natural, but that is all they are. Wait.

Appleton he want 2 or 3 players in by Saturday.

maybe Venkys at fault or agents fees too high or clubs demand too much loan fee.

I haven't seen the interview where it was established as fact, I do apologise. Was this assertion made by Appleton or someone at the club?

Shame if true, but to be honest, of all the players looking to be coming in at the moment, the centre back bench player would be low on my list. Still, you'd like the manager to get in who he was. No major worry as of yet.

Andy Cryer has previously confirmed Gorrks a target.

Can't post a link as using phone but LT article / Appleton quotes available online.

The gyst is he's waiting for Agnew & Shaw to get permission for the signings and says he hopes the Club wants to kick on / more players needed for promotion push.

To me it's a subtle nudge nudge.

Here are some of his comments: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10219557.We_won_t_talk_about_play_offs_yet__says_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

“If key players in the team do get injured I don’t want players who are only going to affect the bench, I want players who, while they might start on the bench, once they get their opportunity they don’t make us any weaker – if anything they will make us stronger.

“That will be the message I will be giving to the owners and the people above and hopefully they will back me.

“I would like to think I will get one in before Tuesday night. I would be disappointed if I don’t and then we have a week until the next league game.”

He wanted a player and missed out because he hadn't received backing from Venky's.

That is a fact.

After the progress on and off the pitch recently it would be sad if things starting regressing again.

Not being dramatic, it's a messageboard for opinions.

I am curious - how do you know it is a fact that we missed out because of Venkys ?

I am curious - how do you know it is a fact that we missed out because of Venkys ?

Okay, although I think your question is intended to aggravate I will put it another way.

Appleton definitely wanted Gorkks, that has been reported .

Venky's have not given the go ahead for the loan signings, also reported by Kamy and Andy Cryer ( including quotes from Appleton ).

Had Gorkks had a choice maybe he'd have chosen us instead of Wolves.

The delay cost us any chance of us signing him based on the above.

Hope that's clear enough.

Archived