Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So who to believe?

"Rovers suffer deadline day nightmare" says LT

"What a mess" says Cryer.

Believe the most credible source. Appleton himself IF the story is true. Then again:

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Appleton ISN'T the source by the way, its at least 3 times removed from him.

However the point remains that the overwhelming impression left at the death of the transfer window was one of overwhelming incompetence and administrative bungling.

If even the LT is saying that, you can hardly blame Rovers fans for running with it.

If Venkys/Shaw/Agnew/Singh had any credibility and goodwill left at all, we wouldn't expect the negative so often, but, alas, they have none of either. And that's no fault of ours.

While Appleton is also considering a loan move for Reading defender Kaspars Gorkss but he faces competition from Wolves. The 31-year-old almost joined Rovers on deadline day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2275536/DJ-Campbell-joins-Blackburn-Rovers-loan-QPR.html#axzz2KNpLVwAz

Also from article... Meanwhile, Manchester United striker John Cofie, 20, has joined Manchester United on-loan.

Not that i want to doubt its precision.

Just saw Appleton wanting three more players on official sites. The club wouldn´t publish that if there weren´t incomers. It´s obvious we need atleast centre half and winger. Also a ball winning central midfielder is needed.

Gorkss would do the job in defence. Winger is a harder one. Not too many choices comes to mind. Obertan is out of favour in Newcastle. Hoilett is not a part of Arry´s plans but his wages and ego wouldn´t fit to Rovers anymore. There is always Bentley but is he even shape? Davies from Fulham?

How so? In the sense that he's been here a while and been paid to do a job he hasn't done particularly well but waved to fans now as then?

Strong kicking skills but even that went downhill this season

How so? In the sense that he's been here a while and been paid to do a job he hasn't done particularly well but waved to fans now as then?

Strong kicking skills but even that went downhill this season

Even when Robbo was at his best for us, he always thought of himself as Spuds. Every year but one in the Prem for us he was bottom among keepers in per cent saved. He was always rooted to the spot for us, even before the pies.

• Backroom

According to LT its David Bentley coming in today ahead of tomorrows game on loan from Spurs.

Maybe not the player he was but I can't help but feel it would be great business

I'm a Pedersen fan but the last couple of games he hasn't contributed much going forward outside of set pieces, whoever does come in at right wing needs to take on Pedersens defensive cover though, he may not be the best at tackling but always drops in and covers if someone goes walkabout

Paul Jorge left on loan to a bulgaria side. Good for him to get play time, still young and maybe he can get better playing....

Only Nuno Gomes, Fabio Nunes and Henrique left, the first two can stay.....

Edinho, Jorge, Formica, Vukcevic, Rochina, Rosado, have all been cleared out lately, alot of Kean signings.

Paul Jorge left on loan to a bulgaria side. Good for him to get play time, still young and maybe he can get better playing....

Edinho, Jorge, Formica, Vukcevic, Rochina, Rosado, have all been cleared out lately, alot of Kean signings.

An impressive list indeed! Not! Cannot say I will miss any of them.

At the start f the season Kean said it was the best squad he's ever had (in all his many years of management of course!).

I too hope that Bentley rejoins us, a great talent who's lost his way. This is a serious signing and I'm impressed.

I'd personally prefer Thomas, from what I keep reading WBA fans still rate him and want him to see out his contract as he can still do a job.

Bentley, although a very good player when he was last here has fallen drastically since. I also believe that reunions between players and clubs hardly ever work out.

At the start f the season Kean said it was the best squad he's ever had (in all his many years of management of course!).

I too hope that Bentley rejoins us, a great talent who's lost his way. This is a serious signing and I'm impressed.

Hmmmm! A great talent alright.........but with a seriously bad attitude at the time he left us, and he does not seem to have exactly blossomed since then either. Let's hope he has recognised that it was R overs that gave him his big chance and made him into a player, and is now ready to come back down to Earth and repay his debt to BRFC.

Thomas is probably a safer bet. We know he'd be good at this level as he's already proven that. If we could get Bentley anywhere near his best then he'd outstanding at this level - far better than Thomas. At this stage, I'd rather sign Thomas as he can come in and hit the ground running. Bentley has struggled with injuries and and hasn't played for a while so may take a while to regain match fitness. That's not really what we need at this stage of the season.

Archived