BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Unfair comment gav. Tugay was undoubtedly a genius but Berko was not that far behind in ability and in front imo in terms of effectiveness. Difference being that Berkovitz played in the hole whilst Tugay was on the baseline. Berkovitz really hurt the opposition and the service he gave to strikers was better than anyone I've seen since Duggy was in his pomp.... Obviously I am trying to take into account that we only saw Berkovitz in the Championship and the Prem is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Yep he was so good you can't even remember how to spell his name ;)

Despite quoting a post where it was spelt correctly.

But I have to agree though. I thought he was a great player.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did wonder if there was a joke we're all missing?

SFW? I'd wager many struggle with Kerimoglu too. Anyway he was only here for about 4 months. Berko and Tugay is good enough for weekdays. Rem in my day they were all called proper names like Clayton, Douglas, Wilson, Harrison, Sharples etc.

Anyway did you know who I meant or not? :P

btw if you are going to pull up all the misspellings on here you'd better give up your day job.

Appleton saying in LT slow progress on loan deals - needs more options off the bench, cites lack of pace in wide areas.

Appleton is right tho. we need a pacey winger or 2.

we need Bentley on the right and Thomas on the left with pace. thats two good wingers.

our squad has been so unbalance for the last 2 years. Fans have been saying this for so long. At Least Appleton has notice this as soon as he took over and trying to sort this out. same the other manager never notice this.

Appleton is right tho. we need a pacey winger or 2.

we need Bentley on the right and Thomas on the left with pace. thats two good wingers.

our squad has been so unbalance for the last 2 years. Fans have been saying this for so long. At Least Appleton has notice this as soon as he took over and trying to sort this out. same the other manager never notice this.

Apart from Berg bringing in Joshua King, you mean?

Bentley isn't exactly a "pacey winger" btw.

Apart from Berg bringing in Joshua King, you mean?

Bentley isn't exactly a "pacey winger" btw.

I know that. But one good winger with good crossing skills, and one good pacey winger is the way to go.

plus Bentley could play in centre mid as playmaker with 2 good pacey winger in team.

A left back ex-pompey loanee from their relegation season. Wonder if this will mean he pushes Olsson MKI forward or is just here as cover?

That I hope. Left wing is most certainly not a priority. We are not short of pace and quality down the left side, but we are short of defensive cover.

That I hope. Left wing is most certainly not a priority. We are not short of pace and quality down the left side, but we are short of defensive cover.

I'd really like to see Olsson MKI on the wing, he's much better than his brother and MKII moving to the bench gives us an option of bringing him on rotating to spare MKI. Rekik is a decent player he apparently did well at Pompey and has played a few games at this level. But having MKI on the wing will hopefully mean better service for Rhodes and DJ as MKI has a better final ball than MKII.

Thought he played centre back - though may cover for both.

He can play both but believe he is seen as a left back long term.

Anyone know much about him?

I watched Man City play Reading earlier in the season and Rekik was one of the best players on the pitch. He got a great ovation when he went off. He might only be young but he's not built like a young player.

Really excited about this one!

Edit: It hopefully should mean Olsson moves into midfield, perhaps this means the Jerome Thomas deal is off.

Kean

Orr Hanley Dann Rekik

Bentley Murphy Lowe Olsson

Rhodes Campbell

Looks a very strong and balanced line up...

I'd really like to see Olsson MKI on the wing, he's much better than his brother and MKII moving to the bench gives us an option of bringing him on rotating to spare MKI. Rekik is a decent player he apparently did well at Pompey and has played a few games at this level. But having MKI on the wing will hopefully mean better service for Rhodes and DJ as MKI has a better final ball than MKII.

Correct. Olsson was a revelation when Hoilett movbed inside and he played down the left at the end of Keans first half season. Helped greatly to keep us up along with the return of Hoilett and Jones and the superb efforts of J Jones, Samba and N'Zonzi. If we still had them we'd be winning this Div at a canter.

Archived