BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Fixing

Kamy100

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that West Ham United match where we lost 1-2 and the linesman disappeared afterwards.

He did not disappear, but his wife and kids were subjected to some abuse. He carried on running the line till the end of that season and then retired as he was already due to. As far as I know and I haven't spoken to his wife, my cousin, recently, he is still employed by the police force on Teesside, but he may well have retired from there, I can't remember. He has taken some stick from us, believe you me, but it was a genuine mistake, not any kind of dishonesty.

• Backroom

FWIW, if the Spurs match was fixed I doubt the bet was based on us not having any shots on goal. Was probably just a Spurs win or a Spurs win & clean sheet.

In fact, us having no shots on goal probably wouldn't have been a good thing as it makes it look all the more suspicious. Yet something else Kean would have managed to screw up :lol:

Kean was that inept I can see him using tactics along the lines of 'don't bother shooting wurselves, let them score for us'.

If a Champions League game in the UK got fixed - as stated today - then why not a Premier League game?

I need to let this go, please let me.

There was definitely shady goings on in regard to player selection, substitutions etc. due to the "weekly budget."

Anything else is down to Kean being a shyte manager.

There was definitely shady goings on in regard to player selection, substitutions etc. due to the "weekly budget."

Anything else is down to Kean being a shyte manager.

Is my memory playing tricks or not cos I seem to rem Kean went through a spell where he almost always changed a winning team or dropped a player who had had a good game the previous week.

• Backroom

GREAT POINT!!!

MORE RUMOURS AND THEORIES!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Us away to Sunderland stands out to me. Coming out in the second half leading 1-0 and firmly in the game to not come out of our own half, to go and lose 2-1. I think it's a sad situation where were all thinking along these lines. Hope they all get proved and jailed

Oh God, that match infuriated me. I remember watching it and becoming more and more enraged as the second half went on. That half was as bad as both Spurs halfs. Last season was so depressing.

That was the only game I can remember from last season where we played 3-5-1. It was obvious after 5 minutes that we were getting torn apart on the wings, yet Kean didn't change it.

That was cos he didn't know how to!.............wasn't it ?

Kean was either corrupt or inept .

Which of those two would you put your house on Abbs? I know which one I would........

Is my memory playing tricks or not cos I seem to rem Kean went through a spell where he almost always changed a winning team or dropped a player who had had a good game the previous week.

No tricks. I remember exactly that. It was absurd how he kept dropping his scorers.

Man, I'd love something to come out about all that carry on.

I've noticed quite a few matches end of season Italy that have aspects such as odds on for a draw as matches have been blatantly fixed. Its fairly blatant in some international matches as well. I'd surprised if its as widespread here but I am not naive in thinking it hasn't happened.

Having distant owners making irrational decisions over incompetent employees clearly opens up the club to all sorts of problems. Deliberate relegation could be possible but it wouldn't be in Venkys interests at all considering the costs of relegation(assuming they are the owners, which conceivably they are) . Steve Kean was to become one of the best paid managers in Britain possibly Europe if he kept us up for 5 years so it wasn't in his interest either. People with undue influence in a club would surely want to keep it in the Premier League for the TV money rather than the less lucrative Championship?

However, the dynamics of ignorant owners, self interested advisers and incompetent employees telling them everything was fine - which was in certain club employees and Kean's self interest - is a better explanation in my opinion.

The link is mailnly Asian, I played cricket with many of them over the years in the Lancs League, they are obsessed by money and dont seem to care how they get it!!

Sarfaraz Nawaz, went to Nelson as proffessional, he was asked to bat at number 4, he said no I bat 10 or 11, I am a bowler, Pickles, the Nelson opener got a 50 and he was having a collection, Sarfaraz asked, what is this they are doing? he was told if you got 50 you got a collection and also at 100- I bat number 4 he said.

So, the Pakistani opening bowler got almost 1,000 runs and not a massive amount of wickets that season!!

Ive always thought the Spurs and United away games were a bit weird. How many time does a team bottom of the league win at Old Traaford, and the complete lack of effort let alone shots at Spurs was also strange. Take into account how long Kean was bookies favourite to be sacked, then how many managers were odds on to be hired before we made the strange choices of Berg and then Appleton.

May be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Rovers were implicated.

GREAT POINT!!!

MORE RUMOURS AND THEORIES!!!!!!!!!!!

At 6.54 you moaned at me for using caps ... You call me an idiot haha .

That was cos he didn't know how to!.............wasn't it ?

Which of those two would you put your house on Abbs? I know which one I would........

I'd bet each way ;)

Ahh nice new conspiracies.

Allardyce dropped a guy after scoring a good deal in one week.

Mama Diouf scored against Arsenal and Norwich then didn't see the team for a considerable amount and when he did he was out of position.

That's not to say he was any good, just pointing out goal scoring strikers are dropped.

I'm more inclined to believe that Kean was crap.

Rumours and speculation are rife in this saga. The one thing we can all judge on is evidence; real, definable evidence. To date the rest of us non-ITKers have had none. You can't convict someone in court on rumour and supposition so, until real evidence is produced, I will remain skeptical and unmoved by emotive and manipulative hyperbole.

Archived