BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Fixing

Kamy100

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly our relegation was orchestrated due to bets placed in Asia. I therefore feel a reasonable punishment if this was proved is to put us back in the Premiership. This will send out a clear message that betting syndicates can't ultimately interfere in the long term. Right whose going to write the letter to the F.A ha ha

On a serious note though some of the games particularly spurs and Kean's team selection players purchases around that time with everything reliant on the Yak upfront (who against liverpool was immense and showed when he wanted to turn up and score he could)....made me a touch suspicious. (No direct allegation made against the Yak but his international team has in the past been implemented in match fixing scandals so i am just asking these questions based upon this).

• Backroom

There have been a couple of instances of blatant match fixing (Accrington Vs Bury 2008?) in the English game that have gone unpunished because the FA don't have the power to do anything about it. Europol will set their sights on easier targets like Italy IMO.

I'm used to match fixing. it happens all the time over here with officials and refs.

I will never forget being at a game back in 2006...Sparta Prague vs Plzen (This was before Plzen were good). Last game of the season, Sparta had already won the league, Plzen needed to win to stay up. The coach at Plzen was an ex-Sparta coach. The Sparta players lost on purpose for him. Repka in particular...giving away 2 first half penalties, punching someone in the face off the ball to get sent off and seeing Sparta go in 3-0 down at the break. This was unthinkable at the time.

Since then I've seen many fixes with refs. The Olomouc scandal 2 years ago, the Bohemians scandal and this years world vs Sparta corruption Scandal.

A

s long as you support the club with the money you are ok!

I guarantee 100% that crime syndicates are trying to compromise the English game all the time.

From what I have seen of the supervision of the English game, chocolate fireguard are the words that come to mind.

In that case why did you go along and present the 'dossier' to Scudamore and the FA?

In that case why did you go along and present the 'dossier' to Scudamore and the FA?

obviously not speaking for phillip here, my take on it is having been presented with the dossier and things come to light via another source proving wrong doing , the FA and the premier league can not deny that they had this information and would come under scrutiny as to why no action was taken.

more than one way to skin a cat

Philip did not present the document, merely to assist in putting the case to tha FA, despite what anyones views on Philip are, listening to the podcasts, there can be no denying, he is well versed and capable of putting a point accross with clarity and authority!!

I dont think anyone can say for certain that it hasnt happened in English football. The investigation is likely to be the tip of the iceberg, by their own admission.

It would be much easier to do in the lower leagues, with less press coverage and witnesses, especially spot betting, like 1st throw in time and such like, that you can bet on in Asia but not in the UK.

Without having read it!!

Must have been totally convincing: presenting a dossier he hadn't read to a body he thinks are totally ineffectual

This might come as a surprise but...

It seems that Philip went along as, effectively, a material witness if you know what I mean. In that case, he was there to support the case rather than present it. At least, that's how it sounded at the time.

This might come as a surprise but...

It seems that Philip went along as, effectively, a material witness if you know what I mean. In that case, he was there to support the case rather than present it. At least, that's how it sounded at the time.

Thanks.

Pretty well summarises it.

We met for an hour prior to the Scudamore meeting when we plannef the order we would speak in and shared the key points.

At that point Glen showed me the relevant pages of the report which contained information which was completely new to me but very much substantiated what I was aware of from three different sources, each of which had different substantive chunks.

That was the only time I saw the dossier opened so I viewed at most 20 of the 400 pages but it was jaw dropping stuff.

At the Sports Minister meeting we were with Graham Jones then had the planning meeting with Graham in Jack Straw's office and Jake Berry joined us after which we walked over to Hugh Robertson's office.

Robertson was very courteous and serious in his wish to get things sorted and I think we all witnessed in Jack what a politician of his world stature is like when he is operating. It was a pleasure to see him at work.

There was a pile of dossiers Glen handed over and that is as much as I have seen.

Archived