BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

I think the only hope we have is for the fans to get behind messers Battersby and Currie. I've recently met Ian Battersby and he is a decent bloke. He has been everywhere following Rovers for 50 years. He cares immensely about the club.

I'm clinging on to the hope that they can somehow get Venky's to the table and get them to sell up. They aren't making false promises of bankrolling to the premier league etc; but they do promise the club would be financially stable with a sound management structure.

I just long for the day I can start supporting 'our club' again. A club that belongs to the town, run by competent people who care. I genuinely believe, having met ian battersby, that his consortium could bring that.

I agree 1000000000%

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only hope we have is for the fans to get behind messers Battersby and Currie. I've recently met Ian Battersby and he is a decent bloke. He has been everywhere following Rovers for 50 years. He cares immensely about the club.

I'm clinging on to the hope that they can somehow get Venky's to the table and get them to sell up. They aren't making false promises of bankrolling to the premier league etc; but they do promise the club would be financially stable with a sound management structure.

I just long for the day I can start supporting 'our club' again. A club that belongs to the town, run by competent people who care. I genuinely believe, having met ian battersby, that his consortium could bring that.

DB - as we know each other well, I admire your positivity. As I have said in other threads I find the dark lords unwillingness to communicate speaks volumes. Letters, emails, carrier pigeons have had no effect, neither did the trip to Pune itself. The families inability to even empathise with the position we are in speaks for itself. They have bigger fish to fry. They apparently have 150+ other "businesses" to think about. We are but a mere baby that they play with by sending the bespectacled one to sort it out. Balaji is a buffoon and his platitudes have no effect on the good people of Blackburn and beyond. They will toy with their baby some more and let it go out on adoption when it suits. Their arrogance offends me, as it does the majority of other fans. It means diddly squat to them!

think the worying aspect is what is the debt figure......hopefully if we are relegated they will come to the table and sell up as apart from the decreasing parachute payments ( the last one is summer 2014 ) what is there left for Venkys

The club's value must be somewhere South of £1, currently rapidly approaching The Antarctic.

The devaluation from what was allegedly paid 30 months ago to now, along with the rapidly increasing trading losses and liabilities, is TOTALLY self inflicted as far as The Rao family are concerned.

DB - as we know each other well, I admire your positivity. As I have said in other threads I find the dark lords unwillingness to communicate speaks volumes. Letters, emails, carrier pigeons have had no effect, neither did the trip to Pune itself. The families inability to even empathise with the position we are in speaks for itself. They have bigger fish to fry. They apparently have 150+ other "businesses" to think about. We are but a mere baby that they play with by sending the bespectacled one to sort it out. Balaji is a buffoon and his platitudes have no effect on the good people of Blackburn and beyond. They will toy with their baby some more and let it go out on adoption when it suits. Their arrogance offends me, as it does the majority of other fans. It means diddly squat to them!

So what do you suggest, genuine question btw, other than we all just chuck in the towel?

Is it not better that as a united force we all get behind one offensive?

So what do you suggest, genuine question btw, other than we all just chuck in the towel?

Is it not better that as a united force we all get behind one offensive?

DR, I am genuine, and I am true blue. I know the vast majority now accept W*nkys are the problem. They won't leave, unless something we all don't know about happens as SS says they are here forever!!! So after 35 years I stopped watching when they retained Coco following relegation. As I have said in other threads, whatever division we are in next year I will not go with them in charge. They are totally incapable of running a football club, end of. Empty stadium, they might just leave? Who knows, they have destroyed our club.....apart from a handful of players, and the honest hardworking local staff that are left, what have we to support?

They apparently have 150+ other "businesses" to think about.

This. Although not a new stat it's truly frightening. "She" is in charge we are lead to believe. She has no interest in football. 150 smaller companies to run? Spend a day working on each one? That means she may get to sit down and look what's happening in any great detail at BRFC once every six months. And even then that would be from "experts" such as Kean, assorted Agents, Agnew and Shaw. We were indeed honoured with her presence the other month.

Meanwhile, "oh that football club thing, Balajis friend Shebby is looking after that isn't he? I'm a bit busy right now" "Relegated again? What does that mean? Oh just get rid of it will you, the whole things really very tiresome".

Meanwhile, Battersby and Currie, potentially with The Trust, are looking like our only hope. Having said that, and this is in no way meant in a negative way as circumstances are very very different, no one knew what Jack was up to until he just went and bought the club (and no, I'm not aware of anyone else).

This. Although not a new stat it's truly frightening. "She" is in charge we are lead to believe. She has no interest in football. 150 smaller companies to run? Spend a day working on each one? That means she may get to sit down and look what's happening in any great detail at BRFC once every six months. And even then that would be from "experts" such as Kean, assorted Agents, Agnew and Shaw. We were indeed honoured with her presence the other month.

Meanwhile, "oh that football club thing, Balajis friend Shebby is looking after that isn't he? I'm a bit busy right now" "Relegated again? What does that mean? Oh just get rid of it will you, the whole things really very tiresome".

Meanwhile, Battersby and Currie, potentially with The Trust, are looking like our only hope. Having said that, and this is in no way meant in a negative way as circumstances are very very different, no one knew what Jack was up to until he just went and bought the club (and no, I'm not aware of anyone else).

Bob I believe you're spot on but although the Ian's have what I understand to be a 'go situation' at relatively short notice if some bugger would take the time to listen, nobody appears prepared to.

All I advocate is that we unite as one behind something and unless I'm mistaken its very much Hobson's choice! Thankfully there is one.

No problem with hope, Captain Scott had it once....by the day they draw it out of us. It's just the fact they have no commitment beyond sending Captain SS, have spent money, but badly and wastefully, and won't speak to us and tell us what's going on - other than CL football FFS!!

I am now more convinced than ever,as we watch our club simply implode,that this whole situation has been craftily engineered to occur from day one.

Pointless,nonsense decision making,the appointment after insipid appointment of worthless,unfit managers.The dismissal of key employess and the devious 'paying up' to keep their silence.The blatent ignoring of overwhelming fan opinion,marginalsed and ridiculed by the media for their heartfelt protest.The Rao's silence is deafening and damning in my eyes.....

This club is being stripped to the bone,we have been fcuked over since day one folks.

Guest Norbert

I can see how the likes of Kean and Anderson may benefit from this implosion, but how would Venky's? They've had to pay out millions for sacking managers, lost a lot of TV money etc.

As for buying the club, I'd like to see the two Ians and the Trust put a deal together for a united front. Of course the cockroaches will have to be in the mood to sell, and that is the problem.

I am now more convinced than ever,as we watch our club simply implode,that this whole situation has been craftily engineered to occur from day one.

Pointless,nonsense decision making,the appointment after insipid appointment of worthless,unfit managers.The dismissal of key employess and the devious 'paying up' to keep their silence.The blatent ignoring of overwhelming fan opinion,marginalsed and ridiculed by the media for their hearfelt protest.The Rao's silence is deafening and damning.....

We have been fcuked over since day one folks.

It's crossed my mind more than once SG, do we literally just lie down and let it die.

We've all had enough. But

5 generations in my family, and many others will be similar.

The @#/?s , whoever they are, can't take that away.

Parachute payments,selling of key players,and ultimately the selling off of BRFC for nothing more than profit.

Then why sack Berg? Appleton? Why not just back them unconditionally, like they did Baldrick, instead of having to pay out compensation, NDAs, and then hire new coaches etc.?

What we have are arrogant, neglectful owners who know nothing about football, detached from reality, being advised by sycophants and self-seekers who themselves know jack about running a successful football club. And round and round it goes, like some ugly Ouroboros. So no, I disagree that this was the plan from day one. That doesn't make much sense when you actually think about it. Of course, whatever evacuation plan they're looking at now is a different case entirely.

Think he was answering my earlier post. I'd love to know what asking price for the club would be.

'Spare a shekel for an old ex leper' !

Based on normal practices applied when buying and selling businesses, nowt. But who knows.

4 Generations of my family since the 1930s and the 5th just at the walking stage.

As SG194 and darrenrover say....we have to be united and fully behind a 2 Ians/trust solution.

I will be happy to pay up my pledge to the trust. We have been well and truly fcuked over.

My concern is have they got enough cash for a lge 1 club. Can they fund us to get us back to at least championship level?

With Venkys, we know they have cash but not the brains. Battersby/Currie have got the brains but have they got the cash? Essentially, can we survive financially without venkys?

My concern is have they got enough cash for a lge 1 club. Can they fund us to get us back to at least championship level?

With Venkys, we know they have cash but not the brains. Battersby/Currie have got the brains but have they got the cash? Essentially, can we survive financially without venkys?

I remember Currie on Radio Lancs saying one of their problems was not having a clue what financial state the club was in -dire obviously- but he said you probably couldnt guess to the nearest £30 million and that combined with Venkys refusing to talk to any body made it impossible to move forwards. If the rumour going round about Venkys already having borrowed against and spent next years parachute money then its a busted flush brains or no brains.The jury is out about whether Venkys do have the money any more or whether its dried up.

I remember Currie on Radio Lancs saying one of their problems was not having a clue what financial state the club was in -dire obviously- but he said you probably couldnt guess to the nearest £30 million and that combined with Venkys refusing to talk to any body made it impossible to move forwards. If the rumour going round about Venkys already having borrowed against and spent next years parachute money then its a busted flush brians or no brains.The jury is out about whether Venkys do have the money any more or whether its dried up.

They got the cash from a bank in India. They wouldn't have been able to secure Rovers` assets for a loan taken out in India im lead to believe.

I'd guess the debt is between 30-40m. Big decision for venkys in the summer - do they want to keep chucking cash at this.

They got the cash from a bank in India. They wouldn't have been able to secure Rovers` assets for a loan taken out in India im lead to believe.

I'd guess the debt is between 30-40m. Big decision for venkys in the summer - do they want to keep chucking cash at this.

yea but has the parachute money gone to repay the indian bank???

What real concern is it really of us as fans as to how to balance the books at Rovers?

In reality all that should concern us should be that the club is in good hands and what the team's going to be next week and how well or badly we played last week.

We all have jobs to do and have to live or die by decisions we make.

About time the shower we all pay to watch adopted similar principles.

Archived