BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

Just been listening to Ian Battersby on Radio Lancashire and he said all the right things and exactly what so many of us are thinking .

He was straight to the point , clear and precise

I have been told Ian Currie and co are now in a position to become serious contenders in buying back our club if Venkys will come to the table .

I fully expect now for the heat to be turned up a little from suitors and as supporters if the two Ian's have got the capital which has been muted then I think it's time for both parties ( venkys and the two Ian's ) to thrash out a deal

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was great to listen to someone with common sense, an understanding of the game, the club, it's background, what it means to the fans and he made it clear he was certainly no fan of Singh, if they manage to get themselves in any kind of position to be some part of the club whether running it or owning it they would have my 100% backing and my season ticket funds.

Battersby spoke a lot of sense but describing Shebby as an " imbecile" was an understatement, he should really get off the fence and say what he really thinks. I suppose the watershed came into play to be fair to him.

Surely now is the time for all Rovers fans groups to work together with the aim of getting rid of the Indians. All egos MUST be put to one side with the only aim to be to buy back the club from the imbecilic morons.

• Backroom

Isn't Ian Battersby more in the 'proper businessman' mould though? He may have too much sense to want to take the wheel of a sinking ship

We have outgoings that far outweigh what we can expect to bring in at present and its going to put a lot of potential suitors off

It was great to listen to someone with common sense, an understanding of the game, the club, it's background, what it means to the fans and he made it clear he was certainly no fan of Singh, if they manage to get themselves in any kind of position to be some part of the club whether running it or owning it they would have my 100% backing and my season ticket funds.

+10000

Isn't Ian Battersby more in the 'proper businessman' mould though? He may have too much sense to want to take the wheel of a sinking ship

We have outgoings that far outweigh what we can expect to bring in at present and its going to put a lot of potential suitors off

Only a supporter of Rovers or someone with an affinity to the town would buy the club. It's not a club you can make money from as Venkys have found out.

Venkys won't sell all of the club, im almost certain of that. However, they may sell a stake in the which would be better than nothing. Tbh, the only people I can see them selling a stake to is Probiz simply because they have a good relationship with Venkys. I can't see Mrs D opening dialogue with the two Ian's.

Perhaps if Probiz buy a stake it would open the door for the two ians to get involved in the club in some capacity.

Only a supporter of Rovers or someone with an affinity to the town would buy the club.

Venkys won't sell all of the club, im almost certain of that. However, they may sell a stake in the which would be better than nothing.

Well, the first sentence is IB. Worked with him for a few years in the early 80s although haven't spoken to him for ages.

May be the way forward is for the two Ians to purchase a small stake initially and gradually buy their way in. Either themselves or via some sort of supporters trust, consortium or whoever.

Assuming Venky's are getting to the 'had enough of this' stage, it could be a means of selling their asset over a period of time if they can't find a willing buyer to buy us lock, stock and barrel.

I won't be holding my breath mind.

Only a supporter of Rovers or someone with an affinity to the town would buy the club. It's not a club you can make money from as Venkys have found out.

Venkys won't sell all of the club, im almost certain of that. However, they may sell a stake in the which would be better than nothing. Tbh, the only people I can see them selling a stake to is Probiz simply because they have a good relationship with Venkys. I can't see Mrs D opening dialogue with the two Ian's.

Perhaps if Probiz buy a stake it would open the door for the two ians to get involved in the club in some capacity.

well if your right we are well and truly keaned...........

Well, the first sentence is IB. Worked with him for a few years in the early 80s although haven't spoken to him for ages.

May be the way forward is for the two Ians to purchase a small stake initially and gradually buy their way in. Either themselves or via some sort of supporters trust, consortium or whoever.

Assuming Venky's are getting to the 'had enough of this' stage, it could be a means of selling their asset over a period of time if they can't find a willing buyer to buy us lock, stock and barrel.

I won't be holding my breath mind.

If I was the two Ian's I'd be trying to make contact with Probiz. After what Kamy said yesterday there is a possibility they may sell a small stake to Probiz. They'll only sell to someone they trust and Probiz seem to fit that bill.

well if your right we are well and truly keaned...........

In what respect? Them not selling the whole club? Or selling a small stake to Probiz?

If I was the two Ian's I'd be trying to make contact with Probiz. After what Kamy said yesterday there is a possibility they may sell a small stake to Probiz. They'll only sell to someone they trust and Probiz seem to fit that bill.

In what respect? Them not selling the whole club? Or selling a small stake to Probiz?

them not selling the club , even selling a small stake to probiz they'll still own the majority share....I know this may sound stupid if we get relegated just maybe Venkys will think enough is enough and bin the club..but the club will be losing even money if that happens and even more in debt..I don't know the answer if Venkys wont sell

Archived