BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listening to the radio, noticed previously as well, but Battersby never criticises Steve Kean.

Crazy talk just there.

It's widely known that Jerome Anderson was the fixer who got IB a meeting with mrs Desai (at which JA attended during Kean's dark times)

It's widely known that Jerome Anderson was the fixer who got IB a meeting with mrs Desai (at which JA attended during Kean's dark times)

Is it?

It's about time that old chestnut is put to bed once and for all.

The whole statement that you have made is absolute rubbish and totally untrue. FACT.

Possibly - but I've noticed before he's never said a bad word against him. If anything has defended him.

It sounded to me as though he is being diplomatic. As fans we were pillared in the media for our alleged treatment of Kean and I think he is well aware of this. If anything he's quite savvy.

Is it?

It's about time that old chestnut is put to bed once and for all.

The whole statement that you have made is absolute rubbish and totally untrue. FACT.

I seem to recall you being a personal friend of IB.

What is the truth in this scenario, since it is widely acknowledged that that was the way of it.

How far back do we take the blame for this fiasco? Jack Walker for not making his trust terms so tight that the Rovers could never be sold? Jack's family for wanting to sell and hiring a certain agent to find a buyer? John Williams who, as chairman, must have had an idea of what the family were doing and who has been silent in all of this? Said agent for finding unfit buyers and then giving them horrendouslly damaging advice? Kean for becoming manager? etc.......My feeling is that Jack's family gave the agent the opportunity and the rest is history.

Apparently he was , to be honest I am getting to the stage where I have no trust left in anything Rovers or football in general its eating me up inside.

Might not be a bad thing if JA helped Battersby etc buy into the club, perhaps he has a conscience and would help try put things right. All for a price of course lol

If Battersby is another Anderson man, how can the Trust begin to support this. ?.....is JA part of the consortium? Yikes!

He is not. He said himself awhile ago, that Anderson had the ears of venkys and sort help from Anderson to get to see venkys.

Apparently he was , to be honest I am getting to the stage where I have no trust left in anything Rovers or football in general its eating me up inside.

That was put about by someone from BRAG. But it was not the truth. Battersby explained the situation in a podcast awhile ago. Having tried to get to speak to venkys and failed. He sought help.

If Battersby is another Anderson man, how can the Trust begin to support this. ?.....is JA part of the consortium? Yikes!

I have'nt a clue my friend its all getting very muddled, listening tonight really depressed me more than almost anything recently,

maybe because I have this absolute hatred of kean and his agent.

He is not. He said himself awhile ago, that Anderson had the ears of venkys and sort help from Anderson to get to see venkys.

That was put about by someone from BRAG. But it was not the truth. Battersby explained the situation in a podcast awhile ago. Having tried to get to speak to venkys and failed. He sought help.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but why did he seem to be putting a good word in for kean when we all know results under him this season were

on the whole flukey, certainly the home wins when we were shocking. Kean knew exactly when to walk when the table looked good at least.

Guest Norbert

Tongue in cheek perhaps, but not put across well?

Either way, I'd never want to see that vile excuse of a human near our club again.

I remember IB saying in so many words that he didn't believe in the conspiracy theories regarding Anderson. This was on a live forum on radio Lancs a few months back. He was basically taking the heat off JA. I didn't realise he'd been supportive of Kean too. His 'Kean in' comment tonight on 5live made me feel a bit ill. I wouldn't trust Battersby one bit if he has any kind of relationship with JA.

Just listened to the podcast twice on the way to work. I can't help but feel many people heard what they wanted to hear and not what was said.

Just listened to the podcast twice on the way to work. I can't help but feel many people heard what they wanted to hear and not what was said.

Correct Paul, i am with you on that.Glenn nailed the link with Anderson once and for all a bit earlier and the Kean stuff tonight was humour amongst the guests.there was no defence of Kean that i heard.I cant imagine the Radio Show got right on the edge of naming JA as a villain with IB sat there, if IB was part of that .

I think what we do know is that IB does not subscribe to this protest stuff as being that constructive (hence the LT article yesterday calling for fans to get behind the Team).You can tell he understands why the fans do it but he does not see it as a solution.

He wouldnt be alone in that to be fair-but isnt all this nonsense undermining the real issues at the Club that we all need to focus on??

Sorry, can someone explain why this guy is even participating in these sorts of media appearances? Smacks of opportunism.

presumably he works for the BBC and arranged Claridge , neville and Motson together for his own ends did he? The bloke is trying to fight the Fans corner FFS from what i can tell.Would you prefer nobody bothered? Or is it the case whoever speaks up gets it from you?

Why don't you go on and say your piece then ?

IB is a lifelong Rovers fan who is now trying to use what influence he has gained through his own sports management experience to get a toe hold on the proverbial vertical sheet of ice that is the Rovers just now. As far as I am aware, he has no direct links to JA and is doing this to try to assist in the saving of our once proud club.

He does not appear to agree with the protests just as many of the rest of us do not. I for one have always had the belief that to shout negative chants during a match can only have one effect, that of demoralising the players and also of giving the opposition a boost.

Archived