BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concern is have they got enough cash for a lge 1 club. Can they fund us to get us back to at least championship level?

With Venkys, we know they have cash but not the brains. Battersby/Currie have got the brains but have they got the cash? Essentially, can we survive financially without venkys?

This is no issue imo.. i think Philip(apologies if not you) said that if somebody with enough finanacial clout can takeover the club, and then manage to sustain it over a couple of years after that without overspending, and letting expenses spiral out of control, then we should be okay. Remember, if you look at the current situation, players on astronmical wages, managers being paid off once every 4 months, people getting paid money for making a mess, etc etc, then it is right for anybody to question or shy away from buying the club.

Battersby and Currie are smart enough individuals, they will buy the club, own a fair share in Rovers in order to maintain its identity and avoid a similar situation. However, they wil imo bring in people who are wealthy in order to move the club forward. They wont go in on this alone, maybe to begin with yes, but they will add people to the quest to get us back to where we need or at least should be

If the idiots won't sell, they can't buy simple as that 47er, it's a sad state of play really, you can't help but assume Venkys have something to hide.

which is why they just cant sell. they will rather just lose money, and hope that something dramatic happens on the field and results pick up. I will ask again, but surely even the most stupid of people would walk away from something that they know is not working, right? so if you are losing millions at a rapid rate, on something you know nothing about, which has sent your own successful brand down the @#/? hole in terms of publicity, why continue as if nothing is wrong?

Just can't see them selling for various reasons. They'll sit back and let the club rot before they will land themselves in it if there is anything to hide. IF we stay up they care not if it's an empty stadium next season, the next 16 mill parachute and a sale of players will stave off admin for a bit longer. It's the season after that the s##t will hit the fan in my opinion. Unless we go down of course and then they might have no option.

Guest Norbert

Perhaps this contact with the Trust is an attempt to block a sale of the club to the two Ians, or at least frustrate them.

It would be interesting to see who these investors are as well. Fingers crossed that the idiots are on their way out.

To be honest it just sounds like the PR company are hard at work now. Over last few days we've suddenly heard that there may be some sort of investigation and that Mrs D has possibly glanced at an email from the RoversTrust. Also Agnew has been in full swing the last couple of weeks. All this coming on the back of all the recent bad press. Coincidence ? i doubt it. In all likeyhood at Venky towers it's 'as you were'.

Yes, got to be cautious - there are spin doctors and manipulative bull shi**ters at the club along with a number of advisers involved.

Desai won't have a clue what the trust is and IMO won't really care.

Where does it mention some investment?

from telegraph article

Lifelong Blackburn

Rovers supporters Ian Battersby and Ian Currie have contacted

Venky’s to inform the Pune-based poultry processors that they have secured

‘significant investors’ to launch a takeover bid through connections to

their company, Seneca Partners, which offers “independent Investment and

Alternative Asset Management business for private individuals,

entrepreneurs, companies, funds and charities”.

Agnew has obviously been told in India "the fans hate you---sort it". His praise for the fans in the LT is the only positive thing he's ever said about us in nearly 3 horrible years.

What to read into that I don't know. If there is some diabolical spin campaign going on, its not likely to work is it?

Agnew has obviously been told in India "the fans hate you---sort it". His praise for the fans in the LT is the only positive thing he's ever said about us in nearly 3 horrible years.

What to read into that I don't know. If there is some diabolical spin campaign going on, its not likely to work is it?

It made him look more of a slimy tool than he already is .

It made him look more of a slimy tool than he already is .

Perhaps it's more a case of you need to sort the fans out, investigations, publications etc etc are all coming out, we look like morons and who knows where it could lead? Get them back on side before we all end up in trouble.

Although I rather enjoyed the telegraphs portrail of Venky's today, very apt.

We don't know the level of financial backing they really have and what sort of targets would be set out if they were to take over with the finance being put into the club.

There are a lot of people who could buy the club if it was for sale, but there is a major difference between having the money to make the initial purchase and actually being able to run the club year on year. Also we don't know how much debt the club is actually amassing, it's rumored that we are losing £2m per month but it could be more than that.

The whole idea of a sale is moot as I just can't see Venky's getting rid anytime soon.

As regards the Ian's and their supposed "investors", would people be happy either with

a) Completely anonymous owners we didn't know the identity of? or

b ) Owners who made no bones about the fact players had to be sold on a consistent conveyor belt basis to produce them a profit?

I wouldn't.

Archived