BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

Are we making a massive assumption? As far as we can tell the facts are as follows:

- All bills are being paid (with the occasional mishap, but paid nonetheless)

- We are operating at a massive loss.

- There has been some borrowing, but, as far as we can tell, personal assets, rather than club assets, are being used as collateral.

It is actually others that are making a massive assumption. There is little proof to show that Venkys aren't financially committed to the club, but it is clear that they are simply poorly advised and incompetent.

There is NO proof that Venkys will continue to bankroll the Club and, given the furore over Berg's settlement, a good indication that they won't. To argue that, because Venkys are propping us up financially now they will continue to do so, is a MASSIVE ASSUMPTION on your part without foundation.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read your post earlier, I thought I would ask a few friends in the pub where I went for my lunch, what they thought of Venky's

and would they eat at Venky's Xpress outlet if one opened locally.

Out of the 5 people I asked, of which 4 are football fans, none of them said it would have any effect whatsoever, on their decision

as to whether they would make a purchase, all more or less stating that just because they are bad at football ownership does'nt

mean their chicken meals are cr*p. we had quite a good conversation about it and even looked at some pictures online of Venky's

outlets in India, all agreed that they looked very professional( at least as good as KFC) and clearly Venky's know what they are doing

in their own business was the general opinion.

Now if Venky's opened say 300 outlets and they were found not to be paying their fare share of UK taxes, I think In the present

climate they may have a problem.

How did I know I the above would be the case ? studying people over 40 years in business, you can't beat experience my son !

I rather eat chicken @#/? on the centre spot at the dingle dome than eat venkyscum chicken.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it?

It's about time that old chestnut is put to bed once and for all.

The whole statement that you have made is absolute rubbish and totally untrue. FACT.

Are you sure that is a FACT

Because Anderson on the Mark Fish recording says he arranged and attended the meeting with IB/IC and the Venkys?

One side is lying for a reason.

Are you sure that is a FACT

Because Anderson on the Mark Fish recording says he arranged and attended the meeting with IB/IC and the Venkys?

One side is lying for a reason.

I guess you'd prefer it to be the Ian's then ? Lets cast them as chancy liars who are in bed with Mr tantric and are part of this elaborate scam.In that case i would like to award IB an oscar for some world beating acting during the various times he has been on radio.The guy has been as passionate as possible and clearly hurting.

What does it fecking matter what happened in India all that time ago-really?? its been dealt with on here a million times anyway.

they have constantly nailed their colours to the Club mast and look as likely as anyone(hopefully along with the Trust) of pulling us out of this almight clusterflick that we now are.

But hey lets rubbish that prospect as well and settle down and learn to love Shebby then eh?

Problem is we are that punch drunk w ecan't see the wood for the trees anymore and ended hanging the good guys that might be out there.

I might be totally wrong on this but come on. OJ.............

didnt Ian Battersby say before that JA set a meetng with Balaji when they come over once. but JA wasnt in the room when meeting Balaji/Venky Rao or when IB/IC met Mrs D and Balaji surely its in the Battersby Podcast

Yes that is my recollection too.

He is a bit vehement isn't he? What's that about?

He obviously knows one of them, or both. No surprise he's sticking up for them if they are personal friends. It's like you jumping to the defence of BRAG whenever you perceive they've been criticised. What's that about?

In the case of Battersby, he did go on Radio Lancs once (last summer i think) and state he didn't believe 'all the conspiracy stuff' about JA. I thought it was a bit of an odd statement even then, considering JA's involvement in the takeover and subsequent sleepovers at Brockhall during the transfer window.

The really sad thing is that so many people have conflicting agenda's yet all claim to have the best interests of the club at heart.

To repeat, I defend ALL those who are working to improve the situation at Rovers against those who do nothing but criticise. That's what thats about. You'll find me supporting the 2 Ians if you look.

So if your view about Darrenrover is correct I now know what thats about. Thank you.

It's widely known that Jerome Anderson was the fixer who got IB a meeting with mrs Desai (at which JA attended during Kean's dark times)

Is it?

It's about time that old chestnut is put to bed once and for all.

The whole statement that you have made is absolute rubbish and totally untrue. FACT.

As was stated at the time, JA was not present at any meeting involving IB and IC and Desai in India, not that it's really relevant but sets the record straight but the fact that he may have been, clearly is relevant to some.

There is nothing more to be said about them, they've said it all openly themselves. You either believe them or you don't.

I

As was stated at the time, JA was not present at any meeting involving IB and IC and Desai in India, not that it's really relevant but sets the record straight but the fact that he may have been, clearly is relevant to some.

There is nothing more to be said about them, they've said it all openly themselves. You either believe them or you don't.

I

So the whole statement i mad wasn't untrue was it, just the part in the brackets?

JA set up the meeting

He didn't attend (although he said he did to Mark F, although I'm willing to believe what you've heard)

Either way, I think at the time people thought IC/IB were going over with the intention of trying to get them to see sense on Kean as manager, but maybe that wasn't the case, otherwise why would Anderson help?

So the whole statement i mad wasn't untrue was it, just the part in the brackets?

JA set up the meeting

He didn't attend (although he said he did to Mark F, although I'm willing to believe what you've heard)

Either way, I think at the time people thought IC/IB were going over with the intention of trying to get them to see sense on Kean as manager, but maybe that wasn't the case, otherwise why would Anderson help?

Ian Battersby gave Kean a very easy ride on Radio 5live recently too,he had the chance to stick the boot in on behalf of

all Rovers fans, but thought he sounded as if he had sympathy with with.

Personally I find it very hard to trust the guy after listening to that, he would have a lot to prove to get me on his side.

What would Battersby attacking Kean gain him in his stated aim of getting to speak to the owners about buying the club?

I did'nt expect him to tear into him on national radio, that would'nt be very professional, but I still think he

came across as far too sympathetic, he brought up the fact the Kean's record this season was the

best of all the managers, without saying how lucky we had been at the start of the season or reiterating

the fact that he was the one who took us down.

Unforgivable for any Rovers fan not to get these points across imo.

WestYorksRover: wasn't it said in the context of 'the ridiculous thing is that kean got the most points this season' (or similar)?

Maybe Kentaro /SEM's plan was to make Kean look good come the end of the season, by not giving Henning Berg any support and then allowing Appleton to bring in even inferior players to the ones that he was letting go, so, that he didnt look to clever results wise.

Thankfully Tony Grant, Terry McPhilips, and Gary Bowyer have shown the scottish no mark up.

Lets hope Kean gets redoes his coaching badges one day then he might do better next time.

WestYorksRover: wasn't it said in the context of 'the ridiculous thing is that kean got the most points this season' (or similar)?

I think you are right DM. I recall them ridiculing the mess thats been made , Shebby blabbing on about needing stability when we were on our 6th manager and the irony being that we were at the top end of the league at that time.5 managers later we are flirting with relegation etc etc they then said kean should have gone much earlier and not started the season.

Believe me WYR , i have met IB a few times at games and he has blue and white blood.This talk of mates with JA is utter bullocks.Used him to get through the door to Venkys -end of.Not many other methods have worked have they and if as everybody believes JA is central to all this then why can IB & IC not even get a reply for the last 2 years??

As for IB/IC rinsing the Club...words fail me.Kamy is as close to them 2 as anyone in terms of where they are up to -is he at it as well then???

Perhaps we should have a separate fan group for those that really don't want a solution to any of this and just want this shambles to carry on BRAG get it in the neck when they try, the Trust are accused of being deluded and the Ian's get slagged off as being part of some conspiracy.

None of them are probably the perfect answer but some on here really need to get a grip

Well said TBTF. As has been pointed out on numerous occasions - Venky's do not communicate. If the main stand sponsor in WEC can't get a response from them that what chance has anyone else?

Ever thought that Battersby may know Captain Tantric in a purely business capacity? If that relationship got him a seat at the table in front of Desai then so be it. I don't quite get the assumption that this means he is working with him. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

I mean what is he supposed to do? Leave it and do nothing because this is the only avenue available to get access???

Well said TBTF. As has been pointed out on numerous occasions - Venky's do not communicate. If the main stand sponsor in WEC can't get a response from them that what chance has anyone else?

Ever thought that Battersby may know Captain Tantric in a purely business capacity? If that relationship got him a seat at the table in front of Desai then so be it. I don't quite get the assumption that this means he is working with him. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

I mean what is he supposed to do? Leave it and do nothing because this is the only avenue available to get access???

Agree Bob-i always thought of it as a positive thing for them to do not a negative!! I just get the feeling on here sometimes that there are a few who want everyone to come unstuck just so they have something to write/moan about .To me its about now and what happens next not more blah blah about what went on 2 1/2 yrs ago.An awful lot of sh1te has happened since then -in fact an awful lot of sh1te has happened in the last week!!!

Ian Battersby gave Kean a very easy ride on Radio 5live recently too,he had the chance to stick the boot in on behalf of

all Rovers fans, but thought he sounded as if he had sympathy with with.

Not for the first time either... I seem to remember something similar a while back on Radio Lancs!

Archived