BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

We have had informal and non specific discussions. Ian has openly stated that he would like fan involvement in any deal going forward. How that would be formulated and to what level has not been discussed. Obviously a break is needed with respect to discussions with the owners first which would then open communications between us.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would all like a long list of suitors that we could pick and choose the best from. Recent history tells us that this is an impossible dream. True Rovers fans wanting to help steer the clubs future to me is the best way forward. If Ian's consortium really can get a deal agreed then obviously Rovers Trust would like to help and have a say in future decisions being made at the club that would have the supporters voice heard at the highest level and could report to the supporters the facts of future plans.

I don't see any reason why supporters should have a voice at the highest level. Sometime our views are clouded in our love for the club, we need proper businessmen running the club who will make the best decisions to keep the club alive.

Keep the supporters impact to a minimum and get this club run by football people, people like John Williams and Tom Finn

In simplistic terms, are these not the options currently on the table:

1. Venky ownership and the current operating board.

2. Venky ownership and financial backing of an empowered operating board with the best interests of the Club at heart who actually know how to run a football club.

3. Sale to Battersby/Currie led consortium at fair current value.

4. As 2 with supporter involvement via the Trust

5. As 3 with supporter involvement via the Trust

6. Any other suggestions?

7. JW mk2 with 5 times the wealth of mk1 to relive the dream unhindered.

What are the merits of each?

Is it worth a pole?

I don't see any reason why supporters should have a voice at the highest level. Sometime our views are clouded in our love for the club, we need proper businessmen running the club who will make the best decisions to keep the club alive.

Keep the supporters impact to a minimum and get this club run by football people, people like John Williams and Tom Finn

You don't see why supporters should have a voice at the highest level ?

What do you think Jack Walker was ?

This is exactly why Rovers were successful. His passion to succeed.

But I know we'll never convince everyone.

You don't see why supporters should have a voice at the highest level ?

What do you think Jack Walker was ?

This is exactly why Rovers were successful. His passion to succeed.

But I know we'll never convince everyone.

In fairness Jack did little wrong before 94/95 but a number of daft things after when it has to be said he did let his heart rule his head on occasion.

How do you know that Pafell?

This is going round in circles-it was perfectly explained a couple of pages ago by Dan Grabko.You cant negotiate with people who refuse to speak and how can you bid for something you couldnt guess the value of to the nearest £50million.

All we know is that fans with the ability to try and do something are trying to do something- i think we have to be thankful for that dont we?

I suggest you read the following:

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2010/03/11/fan-ownership-the-bundesliga-model/

I think the important thing is that there are people in our fan base who are in a position to try and do something if we were ever end up being dumped. A fair bit of thinking has already been done and we have the 'safety blanket'. That give me some hope for our future.

Hopefully noone loses interest in all this.

The Venkys have at least made us wake up and show some passion, pride and protection of our heritage which possibly wasn't there when we were being somewhat spoon fed through the 90's and 00's.

For me, the most important thing is to have a Football club to support that the town will support, is proud of, and will protect. Irrespective of the division we are in or the ability of our players.

Just listened to the podcast and Kamy mentioned that the two Ians have some very influential people on their side and will use them to try and force a sale (or words to that effect). To me that sounds as though they have the FA onside and will basically try and force a sale if Venkys won`t agree to sell it.

If that is the case, I suspect the two ians will try and do it in a dignified way and allow Venkys to have a small share in the club to save face and to continue to try and use the rovers brand to enhance football in India.

Guest Norbert

I effing hope so Rovers 11. Especially after reading that Balaji wants to be around 'beyond his lifetime' or whatever it was. The FA/Football league etc.their thumb out of their bottom as the questions will surely start to be asked about them and whether they are fit for purpose. The thought of Venky's owning the club for another year is hideous enough, letalone for 5, 10 or more years.

I effing hope so Rovers 11. Especially after reading that Balaji wants to be around 'beyond his lifetime' or whatever it was. The FA/Football league etc.their thumb out of their bottom as the questions will surely start to be asked about them and whether they are fit for purpose. The thought of Venky's owning the club for another year is hideous enough, letalone for 5, 10 or more years.

Tbh, I think they probably here for a long time but only as a shareholder and not a controlling member. Just feel the authorities will put pressure on them to sell a stake especially as there is a genuine buyer out there.

Guest Norbert

They can stay on just as long as they don't have any influence in decision making whatsoever. And they take Shebby and Shagnew with them.

Archived