BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

IB is a lifelong Rovers fan who is now trying to use what influence he has gained through his own sports management experience to get a toe hold on the proverbial vertical sheet of ice that is the Rovers just now. As far as I am aware, he has no direct links to JA and is doing this to try to assist in the saving of our once proud club.

He does not appear to agree with the protests just as many of the rest of us do not. I for one have always had the belief that to shout negative chants during a match can only have one effect, that of demoralising the players and also of giving the opposition a boost.

Well I'm pretty sure that the only negative chanting on Friday will be directed towards the Malaysian imbecile who masquerades as a football expert. And take it from me that the players would join in if they could.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IB is a lifelong Rovers fan who is now trying to use what influence he has gained through his own sports management experience to get a toe hold on the proverbial vertical sheet of ice that is the Rovers just now. As far as I am aware, he has no direct links to JA and is doing this to try to assist in the saving of our once proud club.

He does not appear to agree with the protests just as many of the rest of us do not. I for one have always had the belief that to shout negative chants during a match can only have one effect, that of demoralising the players and also of giving the opposition a boost.

Well in the past, "negative chanting" has rid us of numerous managers who would very likely have taken the club down a division or two. It's also either got rid of pretty useless players, or given them the kick up the jacksy they've needed.

I'm not one for negative chanting RR, but to argue that it has never achieved anything is wrong. At normal clubs fans only become negative when they can clearly see something wrong. - and at normal clubs the powers that be act on it. They don't do it if everything is great and they don't do it just for the sake of it.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but why did he seem to be putting a good word in for kean when we all know results under him this season were

on the whole flukey, certainly the home wins when we were shocking. Kean knew exactly when to walk when the table looked good at least.

He did NOT put in a good word for Kean. His "Kean in" remark was tongue in cheek and everybody laughed.

He did say that Kean had the best record of all the managers, in response to Phil Neville saying Bowyer's record was the best, but I believe he was trying to emphasise how bad things had progressively got.

In fact, as he probably realises now, Battersby was wrong and Neville was right!

I found Battersby very impressive, he said what he could while retaining his dignity and the programmes went as well as could be expected.

Clearly, without actually saying so, all think Singh is an utter idiot and it was emphasised that there was no-one at Ewood with the necessary ability to take the club forward.

Having said all that, the main problem is that Venkys remain closeted in their own world and none of it touches them.

He did NOT put in a good word for Kean. His "Kean in" remark was tongue in cheek and everybody laughed.

He did say that Kean had the best record of all the managers, in response to Phil Neville saying Bowyer's record was the best, but I believe he was trying to emphasise how bad things had progressively got.

In fact, as he probably realises now, Battersby was wrong and Neville was right!

I found Battersby very impressive, he said what he could while retaining his dignity and the programmes went as well as could be expected.

Clearly, without actually saying so, all think Singh is an utter idiot and it was emphasised that there was no-one at Ewood with the necessary ability to take the club forward.

Having said all that, the main problem is that Venkys remain closeted in their own world and none of it touches them.

Well i have heard Ian Battersby on several programmes now and while i totally agree with what he is saying i really dont think he has endeared himself to the venkys regime, lambasting them and Shebby at every opportunity will NOT bring them to the negotiating table. Where, what and how we move forward is a mystery.

I have to say he came across very well last night on radio 5 live last night the kean in was very much a tongue in cheek comment or perhaps he might have been talking about our very own Jake Kean?. I got that impression listening to it last night they think Singh is an utter idiot I think his idiocy is summed up with today's Daily Mail article about still being on this transition period for 3 yearsI only hope for the love of god they bin the malaysian & Shagnew.

Yet, the Rovers Trust seem to be in bed with IB

Sadly awhile ago somebody put out a pathetic and untrue allegation with regards to IB. More sadly it appears to have stuck.

My understanding is IB is a genuine Rovers supporter. Who, like us all wants good things for the club and is as concerned about the club as we all are. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the Roverstrust having dealings with him.

To be fair. It's over 12 months since any agent has even threatened legal action against the site. Recently it's been fellow fans rather than nameless advisers.

Just noticed this post. Fellow fans have threatened legal action against this site? Or have I read this wrong?

I am wondering if Battersby and co could not use Shaw's dislike of singh to force a takeover - similar to what happened at Liverpool.

Yes I too thought he came across very well, but any neutrals listening may have got the impression that he thought kean should never have been

sacked, just wish he had stuck the boot into Kean like Motson did to that agent fella.

1. BBC Lancashire@BBCLancashire2m
  2. AUDIO: Ian Battersby & Ian Currie on current Blackburn situation (part 3) http://boo.fm/b1292322 via @audioboo #brfc #rovers
  1. AUDIO: Ian Battersby & Ian Currie on current Blackburn situation (part 2) http://boo.fm/b1292321 via @audioboo #brfc #rover
  1. AUDIO: Ian Battersby & Ian Currie on current Blackburn situation (part 1) http://boo.fm/b1292319 via @audioboo #brfc #rovers

Great to have these two fellas fighting our corner. At this point, I don't care what their ulterior motives are (and they're businessmen, so they'll have one). Unlike the Action Group (and to a lesser extent, the Trust) they have comported themselves admirably whilst still coming across as "one of us". Really hoping these two can make some inroads, but am fully prepared to see them completely shunned by our Chicken Overlords.

Great to have these two fellas fighting our corner. At this point, I don't care what their ulterior motives are (and they're businessmen, so they'll have one). Unlike the Action Group (and to a lesser extent, the Trust) they have comported themselves admirably whilst still coming across as "one of us". Really hoping these two can make some inroads, but am fully prepared to see them completely shunned by our Chicken Overlords.

It was only at the weekend that someone posted that the Trust were in bed with this fella. Or words to that effect.

If like to see Battersby and Curry (fronting a consortium) who are prepared to work with the Trust. After the last couple of years we need to change the way the community work with the club and re-grow the fanbase.

Sadly it's all a bit moot as long as Venkys are "100% committed to Blackburn Rovers".

Are those links from tonight? I'm sure I've heard the interview before.

yes -sounded very simlar to what the LT wrote over the last few days.Its probably one interview thats been cut up and used several times

I like IB and IC, but what qualifies them to run a football club any more than any of us fellow fans?

IC was a director at Bolton wanderers a few years ago.

his group would owned the club but he said today on Radio Lancs thats he would bring on a experience football admin person to run the club

I like IB and IC, but what qualifies them to run a football club any more than any of us fellow fans?

They said they would bring in people who know how to run a football club - not run it themselves.

Anyone any idea where these two are going to get their cash from to takeover Rovers? I may have missed it somewhere else, but on the face of it they seem like nice chaps and rovers fans, but nothing else....where is the coin coming from????

They run a finance group called Seneca so they would raise the capital to buy the club through a consortium of investors.

They therefore would be able to raise the £20 million or so to buy the club but the huge barrier will be the existing debt level that will be transferred if a sale is made.

Archived