BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Backroom

Actually I don't want to protest on Good Friday. I've tried protesting before and it's got us nowhere. I think the team need us to just take it this time and get behind them. I'm not a Rovers Fan and I don't mean permanently do nothing, but has already been said by several people, Gary Bowyer deserves our support in what is going to be a very difficult task. If he brings back Murphy the useless, I may struggle to support him, but I do think we should try for the duration of the match at least to do nothing to upset the applecart.

Agreed. I'm usually against the whole 'get behind the lads!!!' mentality when it comes to recent events, but I actually like and respect Bowyer. He deserves the full support of the fans, any protests should be saved for before or after the match if they must take place. I just don't see what they achieve now. Venky's aren't listening, the media are already sympathetic and well aware of the destruction Venky's are causing us, the FA don't care because we aren't a "big" club in their eyes, so what are the protests going to achieve other than creating a negative atmosphere?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I don't want to protest on Good Friday. I've tried protesting before and it's got us nowhere. I think the team need us to just take it this time and get behind them. I'm not a Rovers Fan and I don't mean permanently do nothing, but has already been said by several people, Gary Bowyer deserves our support in what is going to be a very difficult task. If he brings back Murphy the useless, I may struggle to support him, but I do think we should try for the duration of the match at least to do nothing to upset the applecart.

Urgh. "Get behind the team" is getting about as annoyingly clichéd as "take the positives". I get where you are coming, gb, from but that expression is starting to grate.

We are in a situation, 18 months or so since the protests first started, where nothing we do works and we now just have to turn a blind eye and simply bend over and take it.

Being a Rovers fan at the moment is like being Tyrone off of Corrie. We are getting battered by the one who should be looking after us, when all we want is a bit of fizz.

The question is at what point do we walk away? Some went after the first bitch slap, others hang around because they are afraid of what will happen if they leave. Others still think they are still in love and 'she will change'.

Poor Tyrone. Poor us.

Why will Brag not accept what an absolute clown and liability Shebby is. Have you guys done your deal with the devil or something. We need rid of him!!

Good question and I'd love to see it answered.

• Backroom

Urgh. "Get behind the team" is getting about as annoyingly clichéd as "take the positives". I get where you are coming, gb, from but that expression is starting to grate.

We are in a situation, 18 months or so since the protests first started, where nothing we do works and we now just have to turn a blind eye and simply bend over and take it.

Being a Rovers fan at the moment is like being Tyrone off of Corrie. We are getting battered by the one who should be looking after us, when all we want is a bit of fizz.

The question is at what point do we walk away? Some went after the first bitch slap, others hang around because they are afraid of what will happen if they leave. Others still think they are still in love and 'she will change'.

Poor Tyrone. Poor us.

I don't like Fizz she annoys me, I was hoping the beater would change her ways

That clearly isn't going to happen so I'd take a Deidre or Gail at this rate

• Backroom

I don't like Fizz she annoys me, I was hoping the beater would change her ways

That clearly isn't going to happen so I'd take a Deidre or Gail at this rate

The two Ian's, then?

Poor Tyrone. Poor us.

I hate the get behind the lads mentality too and have carefully avoided saying it or falling for it for the last 2 years. If you want to protest then you have evry right to and I accept that. It's just that nobody has yet come up with a protest that

1) everyone will feel able to join in

2) doesn't affect the team on the pitch

3) will get any kind of publicity without making us look like spoilt brats who think we have a divine right to be at the top table

4) will have any effect other than to further persuade Venkys to stay in Pune well away from those peasants in Blackburn and close their ears to all reasonable offers of help and advice

Saying we have to support the team sounds like defeatism and to some extent it is, but I'd rather stay in the championship than go to league 1 and I'd rather Bowyer felt that it wasn't any issue with him (he knows that of course but standing on the touchline amid a barrage of abuse may not feel like it). If someone comes up with a decent protest I'd be more than willing to join in but currently i can't see it so I don't want to join some half-hearted thing that just makes us look silly or turns us into criminals.

1) everyone will feel able to join in

Agreed - although that adoration will never be achieved. We need 75%+.

2) doesn't affect the team on the pitch

Disagree - we need something that DOES affect the players. They have been garbage and have let us all down this season. Even Dunny admitted some hadn't been giving their all. That in itself is unforgivable. Tickets may be cheap but I don't pay the than 100% what is being asked.

3) will get any kind of publicity without making us look like spoilt brats who think we have a divine right to be at the top table

Too late. Although I think the tide of popular opinion has change with Appleton's removal - ironic since 99% of fans didn't want him in the first place.

4) will have any effect other than to further persuade Venkys to stay in Pune well away from those peasants in Blackburn and close their ears to all reasonable offers of help and advice.

This was my point with the Sack the Board thread. We have to put pressure on those within earshot.

Ultimately you are right though - there doesn't seem to be a good solution. The BEST protest would be 5000+ Rovers fans sat on the pitch but the threat of prosecution puts people off.

Maybe we need to send the kids on with a banner...

"The Lost Generation"

Or

"It's us and our children you are letting down"

Ultimately you are right though - there doesn't seem to be a good solution. The BEST protest would be 5000+ Rovers fans sat on the pitch but the threat of prosecution puts people off.

Maybe we need to send the kids on with a banner...

"The Lost Generation"

Or

"It's us and our children you are letting down"

One of the problems. Many fear not just prosecution but losing jobs because of it. AS for getting all the ans to join a protest, you're right - it's never going to happen but a significant majority would be good last time I tried protesting only about 500 were ther

Is a protest not about getting a message across?

I think any deaf idiot in Pune or more locally based Malaysian clown or Nob enders on the Board will have already got the message that nobody thinks they are fit for purpose nor do they have the gonads to do anything about it.

Would the best message not be to fill Ewood on Good Friday, offer support to the team and Gary Bowyer, demonstrate the passion the supporters have for The Club (not the regime) in the way the equaliser was celebrated on Sunday?

Then the media may take more heed as the momentum would now appear to be in our favour.

Just perhaps an alternative view but perhaps one to be considered.

I remember feeling sickened at Turf Moor when the vast majority of our travelling support bowed and chanted the snakes name. It was ringing round the ground!

That sickening feeling has never left me. I'm just happy I snubbed a handshake from him near the team coach.

I remember feeling sickened at Turf Moor when the vast majority of our travelling support bowed and chanted the snakes name. It was ringing round the ground!

That sickening feeling has never left me. I'm just happy I snubbed a handshake from him near the team coach.

Some of us were telling the twot to cluck off

Did anyone see Singhs details appear on FB & Twitter? Got wind that some of them have been arrested and had their mobiles phones taken from them pending investigation

Archived