BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Millwall bound

I hope he doesn't get it. Him and his slimeball agent don't deserve to make another penny out of the game.

My sentiments exactly. As much as I would love him to balls up elsewhere and show the world what a @#/? he is, my over riding hatred for this turd means that I hope this putrid @#/? never works again, whether that is in football or anywhere else, he is a vile leech who deserves to suffer immeasurably for the @#/? he put Rovers fans through.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. I remember leaving the Wolves match when we stayed up thinking (stupidly) that he could still be a success after a summer to regroup, and as daft as that seems now, at the time I certainly wasn't alone.

Your choice of adverb is quite correct Gally. That end of season week was precisely the time that I decided NOT to renew my ST until a time when the manager and owners stopped telling us lie after lie after lie. Suffice to say I still haven't got one.

Why is he Jim?, watching Allardyce brand football at Rovers was like watching paint dry and a lot of us wanted him out. I think it's more a case of be careful what you wish for though in hindsight. I'd definitely take hoofball and mid table Premiership mediocrity over where we are now.

You and a lot of others displayed ovine mentality at that time. The fact that you (and others) are now regretting hounding a top manager out of the club was always going to be inevitable. Doesn't help the rest of us though does it? I simply could not understand your objections at the time and I doubt I ever will.

I will @#/? my sides if he gets the Millwall job, confirmed six points for us next season.

I don't think that you have been watching football long enough lhrover.

Its been nearly 2 and a half years since it happened and thats the first time I've heard an Allardyce-critic admit that.

Stock answer is usully "I thought we'd replace him with a top manager.... not Steve Kean". Pathetic intellects at work.

I read a comment a couple of months ago saying that he did well to keep us up in his first season.

One might with hindsight say that he did do well...... given his total lack of ability.

I'm sure his bank manager would think he did well! :glare:

You and a lot of others displayed ovine mentality at that time. The fact that you (and others) are now regretting hounding a top manager out of the club was always going to be inevitable. Doesn't help the rest of us though does it? I simply could not understand your objections at the time and I doubt I ever will.

I don't think he was hounded out though and if he was it certainly wasn't by me, I don't boo from the terraces. Venky's or whoever were calling the shots at the time had a plan to pot him from day one, I think that's obvious.

I don't think he was hounded out though and if he was it certainly wasn't by me, I don't boo from the terraces. Venky's or whoever were calling the shots at the time had a plan to pot him from day one, I think that's obvious.

Your point isn't dramatic enough for some though, you'll get tired repeating yourself.

Replacing Sam with someone like Laudrup or similar calibre would have been accepted by many I think but in hindsight it was never on the cards.

"STEVE Kean is one of the contenders still in the running to be the next Millwall manager, NewsAtDen understands.

Kean resigned as Blackburn Rovers boss last September following a largely unpopular two-year reign at Ewood Park, but the 45-year-old is well-respected within the game and is eager to return to work.

Reports earlier this month suggested incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants Kean to join his backroom staff, such is the admiration for his ability as a coach.

The Lions are on the lookout for a thick-skinned manager with a point to prove - and Kean ticks both of those boxes given his turbulent spell in Lancashire, during which he worked under intense pressure from chaotic owners and disillusioned fans."

'Well respected' my arse!!! Lots of Prem jobs have come up this season and he's not been considered for any of them, despite all the bullsh1t from various sources when we were being horrible to him. Not only that but some vague and unconfirmed report that Mourhino wants him as a coach is now being quoted as gospel? I wonder where his PR comes from and who wrote that load of balls? :glare:

All just highlights how stupid and gullible football fans are doesn't it? Eternal unfounded optimism based on stuff in tomorrows chip papers is the enemy of success and the resolute companion of failure. In fact I'm beginning to view optimism as a disease transmitted via either stale pies or weak Bovril. The only consolation is that if he repeats his conniving and lying down there with that lot then a pair of concrete shoes and a one way trip on a tugboat surely awaits!

luv it partic last paragraph

Personally the only thing that will make me feel better is when the perpetrators of crimes against our football club are publicly exposed, shamed and we can start the club afresh with Venky's gone. If there still is a club.

Good comment !

Personally , I do not believe anyone would employ such an obnoxious human being , is record speaks for its self !

But there is a reason why Jackett resigned (idiot fans could have been an easy get out for him) , I believe Millwall would have been relegated if the league had carried on another fortnight..

Kean is POISON but I believe all is not well at the Den...

A match made in heaven ? Could well be , me thinks Keans advisers may just err against him taking this one if he is even considered ..

In short Millwall are going to get relegated with or without Kean !

I hated the way we where playing under allardyce prior to the venkys arrival, but i put the extreme, predictable one dimensional long ball we was playing down to having a fairly poor squad(other than the obvious few exceptions) and virtually no transfer kitty for most of his reign.

When venkys came in and said there'd be money to spend i would have been more than content for allardyce to stay to see if our style of play improved some with the edition of a few good players, but id also have been happy to have seen a quality experianced manager replace him.

None of us knew at the time the extent of what was actually going to happen and anybody that claims to have known must bbordering on psychic or had inside knowledge(which i doubt)

• Moderation Lead

I don't think that you have been watching football long enough

Stock answer is usully "I thought we'd replace him with a top manager.... not Steve Kean". Pathetic intellects at work.

One might with hindsight say that he did do well...... given his total lack of ability.

I'm sure his bank manager would think he did well! :glare:

Allardyce was canned because JA was close to the family, and Kean was his client. Williams may not have given Allardyce the job initially because of fan pressure, but to suggest the fans got Allardyce sacked is ridiculous, irresponsible and without foundation.

I hated the way we where playing under allardyce prior to the venkys arrival, but i put the extreme, predictable one dimensional long ball we was playing down to having a fairly poor squad(other than the obvious few exceptions) and virtually no transfer kitty for most of his reign.

When venkys came in and said there'd be money to spend i would have been more than content for allardyce to stay to see if our style of play improved some with the edition of a few good players, but id also have been happy to have seen a quality experianced manager replace him.

None of us knew at the time the extent of what was actually going to happen and anybody that claims to have known must bbordering on psychic or had inside knowledge(which i doubt)

Perceptive is the word you are looking for. It was not difficult to see the bigger picture, Allardyce is in the top 6 Prem League managers in the country, he'd had Bolton playing some good football when he'd been backed enough to sign the extravagent talents of Djorkaeff, Campo, Anelka and Okocha. The Trust wouldn't fund those sort of signings so that was that. Not Allardyces fault but that made no difference to the wolfpack on the terraces who bayed for blood. They got it alright... and more than they bargained for too! Time and again I asked various critics critics who would come here and who could do better and I didn't get one worthwhile suggestion.

In truth I don't think anyone really enjoyed the product but the lack of quality in the squad exaggerated the issue. Allardyce's pragmatic football was played at the behest of the Trust who were trying to sell a Premier League club and relegation would have spewed that ambition. As such he did a fine job and secured top half finishes and increased place money to boot. Maybe Lewandowski up front might have altered your opinion but that was not to be was it?

Allardyce was canned because JA was close to the family, and Kean was his client. Williams may not have given Allardyce the job initially because of fan pressure, but to suggest the fans got Allardyce sacked is ridiculous, irresponsible and without foundation.

The booing and the comments on various BRFC sites would make it such an easy option to sell to impressionable fools in India

The booing and the comments on various BRFC sites would make it such an easy option to sell to impressionable fools in India

Give over. What about the opinions on here, other websites and the LT web page regarding Kean, Shaw, Agnew and Singh? Fat lot of good that did.

They have not once listened to the fans. Actually that's not true is it? They've listened, made promises then broken them.

As for Kean to Millwall. No chance, but hey, he's a good coach you know, very hard done to at Blackburn. Must be true, I read it again today. Friends in high places. Just a matter of time for some poor unsuspecting club and it's fans, then they'll do it all again.

The school of the thought is that JA manipulated the vocal minority in order to secure Kean the job, arguing that his client would be more suited to Venky's "grand vision" than a dinosaur like Allardyce who the fans were against. Frankly, I think that's baseless. For one, I don't think the anti-Allardyce element was even noteworthy enough to be used as propaganda. It also doesn't tally up with Venky's steadfast support of Kean when a minority fans were actively protesting in this case against the manager. The same way I don't believe a man of John William's integrity was swayed by a Facebook page (if we had wanted an experienced manager we would've got one, not eyed up Ince and Shearer). JA had organised Venky's acquisition of the club and was cliquey with the family. They trusted his advice implicitly and removing Sam would've been a foregone conclusion.

The perfect display at the next Millwall game, would simply be a massive smiley face on a sheet /banner, if Kean got the Job, lol, can you imagine 6 months down the line when there is another epic fail... Lynch . com.

Is there any way to frame this????

;)

Feel free maj cos it's true. Point being Kean and Ince were taking / did take the club down whilst Allardyce kept em mid table and above. His ability to turn the footballing equivalent of base metal into gold is why I rate him in the top 6 all time Premier League managers and why he was completely suited to our club post Jack Walker. Shouted down at the time by the nincompoops championing the claims of Shearer / Roy Keane / O'Neill etc etc it appears that I did have a point. Anybody rem that article "Where are they now?"

Feel free maj cos it's true. Point being Kean and Ince were taking / did take the club down whilst Allardyce kept em mid table and above. His ability to turn the footballing equivalent of base metal into gold is why I rate him in the top 6 all time Premier League managers and why he was completely suited to our club post Jack Walker. Shouted down at the time by the nincompoops championing the claims of Shearer / Roy Keane / O'Neill etc etc it appears that I did have a point. Anybody rem that article "Where are they now?"

So we can agree it was rather dull to watch but effective in our goals????

So we can agree it was rather dull to watch but effective in our goals????

Absolutely. I have never claimed anything else. You reckon to be an expert Maj so analyse this....

On his 'meet the supporters' evening at EP in Spring 2009 Allardyce effectively said 'If anybody thinks BRFc can go to OT, Highbury or Stamford Bridge and out play and out pass those teams they are deluded. Those teams have world class players worth far in excess of what we have here. So to counter them we have to do things and keep the ball in areas that they are not comfortable with'.

So quite right, pure logic and hardly rocket science is it? If we'd had better players and he'd have been a pretty little foreign chap we'd have resembled Chelsea under Mourhino and people would have tagged him the Chosen one Mk2 maybe.

On his 'meet the supporters' evening at EP in Spring 2009 Allardyce effectively said 'If anybody thinks BRFc can go to OT, Highbury or Stamford Bridge and out play and out pass those teams they are deluded. Those teams have world class players worth far in excess of what we have here. So to counter them we have to do things and keep the ball in areas that they are not comfortable with'.

Was that before or after Utd tonked us 7-1 or Arsenal 6-2?

Archived