BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Millwall bound

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"STEVE Kean is one of the contenders still in the running to be the next Millwall manager, NewsAtDen understands.

Kean resigned as Blackburn Rovers boss last September following a largely unpopular two-year reign at Ewood Park, but the 45-year-old is well-respected within the game and is eager to return to work.

Reports earlier this month suggested incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants Kean to join his backroom staff, such is the admiration for his ability as a coach.

The Lions are on the lookout for a thick-skinned manager with a point to prove - and Kean ticks both of those boxes given his turbulent spell in Lancashire, during which he worked under intense pressure from chaotic owners and disillusioned fans."

'Well respected' my arse!!! Lots of Prem jobs have come up this season and he's not been considered for any of them, despite all the bullsh1t from various sources when we were being horrible to him. Not only that but some vague and unconfirmed report that Mourhino wants him as a coach is now being quoted as gospel? I wonder where his PR comes from and who wrote that load of balls? :glare:

All just highlights how stupid and gullible football fans are doesn't it? Eternal unfounded optimism based on stuff in tomorrows chip papers is the enemy of success and the resolute companion of failure. In fact I'm beginning to view optimism as a disease transmitted via either stale pies or weak Bovril. The only consolation is that if he repeats his conniving and lying down there with that lot then a pair of concrete shoes and a one way trip on a tugboat surely awaits!

All just highlights how stupid and gullible football fans are doesn't it?
And thats why we end being painted in the press as bad fans. If you print the truth, people would see that what happened at Ewood is solely down to bad advice and misplaced aims - rather than the way the media forced the idea that Steve Kean was the face of justice against a bunch of moronic northerners.
We should all be actively championing Steve Kean, since every other team in the country would come to Ewood and sing "keano" - (something I have never seen in 25 years of watching football)
Milwall fans deserve him for their comments... then give him 3 months before he starts getting death threats with a cockney accent.

Please let this happen!, The world needs to know that this slime is a wrong un and it wasn't just us as portrayed by the Southern media. Only problem is Millwall fans aren't exactly painted in the best of light as it is and the media will more than likely make them seem like the bad guys and poor wee Stevie as a Saint again.

Wonder what the odds are on Millwall are to be relegated?

Won't believe it until it's confirmed.

Some gems here, by the way: http://www.newsatden.co.uk/22720-ex-blackburn-rovers-manager-steve-kean-in-millwall-running.html

Love how a few of the Millwall fans try to put a positive spin on Kean potentially being appointed. How clueless can you be :lol:

This comment stands out the most for me:-

On a positive note, he would be a better option than Lomas, Kean was never given a fair chance at Blackburn and their fans were embarrassing with the kean out banners, atleast at the den we are proper fans and we also show loyalty, so he would have support, it would be great if he came to us and made us a susscess story, also he hates big head Sam, we hate big head

Let's see how dignified and loyal they are after 5 months of Kean's bullcrap!

This comment stands out the most for me:-

On a positive note, he would be a better option than Lomas, Kean was never given a fair chance at Blackburn and their fans were embarrassing with the kean out banners, atleast at the den we are proper fans and we also show loyalty, so he would have support, it would be great if he came to us and made us a susscess story, also he hates big head Sam, we hate big head

Let's see how dignified and loyal they are after 5 months of Kean's bullcrap!

People who defend Kean always say he was never given a fair chance at Rovers. Pretty sure he was in charge for half a season without any banners or protests against him.

I am sure the first protest was against Arsenal at home the following season?

People who defend Kean always say he was never given a fair chance at Rovers. Pretty sure he was in charge for half a season without any banners or protests against him.

I am sure the first protest was against Arsenal at home the following season?

Exactly. I remember leaving the Wolves match when we stayed up thinking (stupidly) that he could still be a success after a summer to regroup, and as daft as that seems now, at the time I certainly wasn't alone.

Guest Norbert

Not given a chance? He was manager for about 2 seasons, and we were in two relagation battles, one of which sent us down. I dispair at the ignorance of some people, who just watch SEM Soccer Staurday and listen to Talksh_t. I hope he gets the job, and shows the world what a d_ck he is and sends Milwall down.

Not given a chance? He was manager for about 2 seasons, and we were in two relagation battles, one of which sent us down. I dispair at the ignorance of some people, who just watch SEM Soccer Staurday and listen to Talksh_t. I hope he gets the job, and shows the world what a d_ck he is and sends Milwall down.

Yer, but most people who defend him (non Rovers fans obviously) always seem to be under the impression that we were on his back from the off, which wasn't the case. He had a half a season of failure before hand that most people forget for some reason.

Looking at the comments on the Millwall website and the remarks about Sam Allardyce RoverToYou is obviously a clueless idiot.

Why is he Jim?, watching Allardyce brand football at Rovers was like watching paint dry and a lot of us wanted him out. I think it's more a case of be careful what you wish for though in hindsight. I'd definitely take hoofball and mid table Premiership mediocrity over where we are now.

Archived