BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Jones - What were your thoughts?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'd have the manager Dave Jones , he might be able to sort out this useless rabble out.

Could do with some of that over-zealous modding to get rid of mugs like this. Put on this board purely to annoy.

Could do with some of that over-zealous modding to get rid of mugs like this. Put on this board purely to annoy.

Most obvious Dingle WUM in years. Ste B will be enjoying San Miguel Thursday in the Black Dog though so he's safe, for now.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this. DJ playing well for a flying Burnley and a MoM performance at Ipswich. Jones must be pissing himself at us and the Latics. Fair play to him if he is, to date he's earned the right.

Some reputations damaged and some enhanced reading back. These two caught my eye

Stupidity from Bowyer signing Marrow instead.

And you know that how? Surely that's your opinion, not fact.

I'd say his opinion might be well worth listening to in future gumboots. ;)

btw Regardless of George and Roger the name 'Jones' has represented a series of significant downturns in our fortunes in recent times. Wonder why?

Would have been great to keep him as he did well for us, however the question doesnt take into consideration differeing wage demands etc. He was a prem player at Wigan so not sure what his wage demands where. We also had lowe and williamson signed who play the same role, so its tough to justify throwing money at a 3rd player of similar style. Even more so if that cash had stopped us getting evans and cairney who are both better players imo

Yes Gord, we should have signed him. Solid player and knows what the game's about. Judge and Marrows wages combined, will no doubt be more than Jones's. Just another pointer to our squad being more to do with quantity than quality.

Replacement for Jones? Jones was on loan and not our player. How can you replace something you don't have? I'd say Evans should have been the replacement for Lowe, if Lowe didn't seemingly posses dodgy pics to hold over all the managers he's had.

Joned on a free or Marrow? No contest.

Replacement for Jones? Jones was on loan and not our player. How can you replace something you don't have? I'd say Evans should have been the replacement for Lowe, if Lowe didn't seemingly posses dodgy pics to hold over all the managers he's had.

Joned on a free or Marrow? No contest.

Jones was on loan to fill a void in our team. That void has now been filled by Evans. Capiche?

You're also assuming Jones & Marrow would command the same wage.

I know it's normally doom-monger week after we lose a game but are people really lamenting the fact we didn't sign David Jones?

He's decent for this level (an accusation that is usually ripped apart by detractors) but only has 1 assist to his name this season. No goals.

Can't compare him to your midfielders, don't see them much obviously.

What I can tell you is that in many games Jones has controlled the midfield for us and, even if you subscribe to the 'but you've not played anybody and are @#/? really and your real position after you've played top 10 teams will be 18th' idea, that's decent going for a free signing that wasn't good enough for Wigan and, as many Rovers fans told me, you.

He's been consistent, reliable and largely high quality for us, I'm very happy with his signing.

No as thenodrog showed, I felt at the time that we should have signed Jones.

We have Lowe who is seemingly undroppable, Williamson and also Etuhu who is back I read this week, as well as Evans. They are all ball winning midfielders. Jones is also capable of doing this, but he can actually control a game, and with Cairney seemingly heading back in January, we have the problem again of midfielders who are good on the ball. Marrow seems a really pointless signing to me, as when Etuhu is back, I doubt Marrow will get in the squad.

I also am not sure on spending £1m on Marshall (money was clearly available). He seems very similar in style and quality to Judge and Taylor. I would have preferred a more direct player.

Think this is a case of Rovers fans trying to be 'wise after the event'. I wouldn't swap him for Cairney or Evans that's for certain.

Who mentioned swapping him? The aim is to build a squad and he should have been part of it, shouldn't he - or do we prefer the likes of Judge and Marrow?

Why is there so much resistance to the obvious on here, nowadays?

Think this is a case of Rovers fans trying to be 'wise after the event'. I wouldn't swap him for Cairney or Evans that's for certain.

Not sure it is. There is a reason he has played regularly in the PL and was well respected and I am not suprised at all to hear he has been performing consistently well for Burnley. Clearly a more than useful addition to their team this time round.

• Moderation Lead

Who mentioned swapping him? The aim is to build a squad and he should have been part of it, shouldn't he - or do we prefer the likes of Judge and Marrow?

Why is there so much resistance to the obvious on here, nowadays?

I was illustrating the point that I'd rather have Cairney or Evans.......

Judge was playing fine until he fell out of favour, and besides he's a winger. Marrow I'll grant you.

What is it with everybody we don't sign being the next Messi???? People are allowed to disagree with you Den.

Would you play Jones ahead of Cairney, Evans, Williamson, Lowe?

Not sure I would

I love this.

I bet you could go through the whole side and you'd not swap one of your players for ours. And Bowyer is a better manager too, yeah?

And yet after 12 games, there's a 14 point gap opened up between us. It's a funny one, that's for sure.

We can't swap Cairney for anyone, he's not even our player. Unless Bruce is a tool. I'd be assuming he'll want him back.

Seems to me like not signing Jones was a massive error. Evans hasn't played much this season and is not out until Christmas, so even if Jones was supposed to be behind him in the pecking order, he'd be pretty much an automatic choice for the next two months.

Bowyer's been rather hit-and-miss with his signings so far. Jones, in my view, is definitely the one who got away.

I love this.

I bet you could go through the whole side and you'd not swap one of your players for ours. And Bowyer is a better manager too, yeah?

And yet after 12 games, there's a 14 point gap opened up between us. It's a funny one, that's for sure.

We love your interest on this board. Do Burnley have forums? Apologies but I have never bothered checking. That may be due to the fact Burnley mean absolutely nothing to me. It's a funny one for sure why you like it here so much. Just a thought, don't get all excited at the response.

• Moderation Lead

I love this.

Bowyer is a rookie, and I'd take Heaton and Trippier in a heartbeat.

They don't give out trophies in October Samuel.

Archived