BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Jones - What were your thoughts?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not convinced spearing will come to us. Reckon a prem club will come in for him. Be disappointed to miss out on him. Seems to be moving rather slowly. Would be a huge signing if we could get it done though.

I agree with you , the longer it goes on the less likelihood of him being signed ...

In fairness he can pick a pass, there's a reason why Martinez bought him. Agree with the previous posts though, he's ridiculously one footed.

If you are old enough.... so was Liam Brady.

As I've said in the transfer thread, reckon we are desperately trying to shift Rochina in order to make room for Jones.

Damn stupid move if so. The complement each other.

Solid, reliable, very one footed. Decent signing, but not one to make you excited. At 29 though I wouldnt want to offer him a long term deal, as he wont improve or excell

If you are old enough.... so was Liam Brady.

Damn stupid move if so. The comple

ment each other.

Thats like the Mickey Flanagan gag about how his wife compliments him because she likes multi tasking and he likes doing eff all. If I wasn't on my phone I'd put up a link. Funny though.

Guest Norbert

We should be in for him as well. Otherwise we may lose out on Spearing and then he'll already have moved.

Do people not think that if we really wanted Jones we would have snapped him up by now?

That was my thought as well, slightly surprised, perhaps GB thinks he can eke a decent shift out of Etuhu this season without Murphy alongside him to drag him down?

On that slightly uncertain note I shall depart again until the season starts for real.**** Enjoy the weather while it lasts! :tu:

**** unless anything stupendous happens in the meantime.

Jones was one of the few (only?) PL imports to perform for us last season.

Seeing him turn out in a Bumley shirt while we make-do-and-mend will be the pits.

We really need a decent, experienced central midfielder or I genuinely fear for us this season.

Maybe the PL loan market will save us but we could already have forfeited *cough* 4 or 5 games by the time that market opens up.

maybe alex marrow is the reason why we are not signing jones...

saw this comment about marrow from a crystal palace fan in another forum...

"Good luck to the bloke. He looked a really good prospect before his injury problems.

If he has got over it then Blackburn have got a good player back on their books for a pittance."

• Moderation Lead

Nicko was reckoning we'd already signed him but we are delaying the announcement for some odd reason. This was days ago so I'm doubtful to be honest. Would have thought if it was going to happen it would already have been signed.

Apparently he's a few options (not just rovers and yourselves). It wouldn't be the first time someone has been on trial and not signed mind.

Archived