BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

He’s been involved at Lancs throughout my entire memory of cricket. Legend as a player fairly ordinary as a coach. Few good young uns coming through so defo needs fresh idea’s especially with all the dressing room is toxic rumours. 

I’d love Lancs to go and get someone with experience elsewhere like Langer or even Stuart law if they are hell bent on a Lancs connection. Like you say no doubt it’ll be an easy internal appointment  

When the director of cricket says we’ve had “a sustained period of success over the last seven years.” That is very very very worrying indeed and not obvious what success he’s even referring to. Joint 2nd least successful county since the turn of the century. 

Agreed on nearly everything you’ve said.

My one bone of contention is re - Stuart Law.

He was a disaster at Middlesex, and  I’m pretty sure he was also fired by an Aussie team.

I was sat next to Ethan Bamber’s Dad during the Middlesex game, and “disaster” was the exact word he used to describe Law’s tenure.

Good players don’t always make good coaches.

I don’t even think Chapple is the main problem.

Chilton is the problem, as is the obvious lack of ambition (or focus on cricket) of the hierarchy.

Edited by martonrover

Not watched a lot of this World Cup although I saw the saffas weren’t playing games with 49 ball century from Markam.

Only watched the nz highlights. We were battered to be fair but can’t believe how few fans were there for effectively the opening ceremony. Indian cricket fans most passionate in the world. Do me a favour. They’re passionate about India and India battling and even more specific batsmen but nothing else. I appreciate bigger stadiums but there is a billion of them and no one was there. In a World Cup outside of Durham most grounds here would be minimum 90% full for most fixtures. 

10 hours ago, matt83 said:

how few fans were there for effectively the opening ceremony. Indian cricket fans most passionate in the world. Do me a favour. They’re passionate about India and India battling and even more specific batsmen but nothing else. I appreciate bigger stadiums but there is a billion of them and no one was there. In a World Cup outside of Durham most grounds here would be minimum 90% full for most fixtures. 

The stadium hold 135,000 fans so you were never going to fill that stadium. 

The cricket organisers said they were 45k tickets sold 

Striking parallels between this World Cup and the 1936 Olympics in the way that it has been hijacked by the hosting nationalist government for political purposes. But all it has shown so far is that under Modi's Hindu Nationalist government India is not capable of hosting such an event, the organisation has been a shambles.

Edited by Ewood Ace

From the first ball of the match that was a shit performance from England. Embarrassing to watch and made ourselves a laughing stock.  Following on from the Ashes failure we could now fail to qualify for the qualifying stages of the World Cup. Butler should resign. 

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

From the first ball of the match that was a shit performance from England. Embarrassing to watch and made ourselves a laughing stock.  Following on from the Ashes failure we could now fail to qualify for the qualifying stages of the World Cup. Butler should resign. 

And we haven't played the big boys yet.

• Like 2

England World cup squad for me is unbalanced with 6 pace bowlers and only 1 main spinner in the squad. 

We should have only taken 4 pace bowlers and at least 2 frontline spinners. 

my world cup squad would have been, 

Bairstow, Brook, Malan, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone, Ali, Jacks, Rashid, Dawson, Curran, Willey, Wood, Carse 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

England World cup squad for me is unbalanced with 6 pace bowlers and only 1 main spinner in the squad. 

We should have only taken 4 pace bowlers and at least 2 frontline spinners. 

my world cup squad would have been, 

Bairstow, Brook, Malan, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone, Ali, Jacks, Rashid, Dawson, Curran, Willey, Wood, Carse 

Livingstone has never, ever done anything to suggest he should be anywhere near an England 50 over squad. 

• Like 1