BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

Paul

Not particularly aimed at you DS but this illustrates exactly one of the points raised by LATD in his post on the Alan Myers thread the other day.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...?

If they actually got something right between them they wouldn't get damned would they. Why is it they get all this stick In the first place I wonder ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree with oldjamfan, darned if they do darned if they don't in some respects.

People complain they don't come to enough games, they came to one and get a snowball in the mush.

They acknowledge Jack Walker and get criticised for it.

I don't think we should be ungrateful when they get a tiny thing right but of course it's far more important they start getting the big decisions right as well.

Case in point being the money spent on the pitch, running track, new ticketing system etc. We should be happy they've done all that but they'd have been better served concentrating on replacing the incumbent in the manager's dugout first.

Anyhow, on topic, Jack will always be in our hearts and never forgotten.

Not particularly aimed at you DS but this illustrates exactly one of the points raised by LATD in his post on the Alan Myers thread the other day.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...?

In some cases, i agree, it can be damned if they do and damned if they don't, but i'm sorry i can't read that statement and not feel insulted that all the things that Jack did for the club and the legacy he dreamt of leaving was ultimately destroyed in a flash by Venkys without a second thought.

Now they make a statement praising the man who built the club into what it was without even a slight apology or acknowledgement that they have trampled it into the ground and caused potentially permanent damage to something that meant so much to so many but ultimately meant everything to one man in the first place.

Was over for Hudders Away and then Tuesday's home match.

The 2minutes applause(we started early and then did not want to stop) for Jack was the highlight!

Anyone hear the short version of Jack on Radio Rovers: "Rhythm of the Blues"? Shed a tear......does Wendy still go to the matches?

• Backroom

Did anybody see the Jack Walker tribute video that was played 5 minutes before kick off?

It was brilliant, I've tweeted Rovers to see if it will be made available online but had no reply as of yet!

In some cases, i agree, it can be damned if they do and damned if they don't, but i'm sorry i can't read that statement and not feel insulted that all the things that Jack did for the club and the legacy he dreamt of leaving was ultimately destroyed in a flash by Venkys without a second thought.

Now they make a statement praising the man who built the club into what it was without even a slight apology or acknowledgement that they have trampled it into the ground and caused potentially permanent damage to something that meant so much to so many but ultimately meant everything to one man in the first place.

You can also target your comments to the Trust who sold us down the river, remember the Trust that Jack put in place so this should never have happened, I also think the Walker clan/ family just wanted their pieces of silver, vultures the lot of em.

Uncle Jack never forgotten.

Had Radio Lancs on pre match Tuesday.

They played an interview with Jack, he said how Don Mackay was a good fella, however we just wouldn't be taken seriously as a club without a top manager. 'What about Kenny Dalglish?' he said to funny looks in the boardroom.

So they opened talks. After he had left Jack said to the board 'I could tell by the look in his eye, his ours!'

What heady days, ay!

I remember crying with Jack when we were relegated in 1999, to the endless ringing out of 'Jack Walker's blue and white army'. Made the hairs on my neck stand up then, and now, as I think back. I also remember lots of tears at the Norwich home game as the tribute was played.

For someone who was just old enough to experience the Rovers heyday, and for someone not from Blackburn, I thank him for putting Rovers on the map for me, and I also (lightheartly) curse him for the pain I have to endure now. His dream fulfilled mine, and for that I will be eternally grateful to him. 2 out of 3 trophies in English football is more than most people will ever get the chance to experience. Despite the last 5 years, this love affair is unbreakable, even through the trials and tribulations. Thank you Jack.

Wow! That's the club we all know. Passion, ambition, dreams, local identity. What a man. What a loss

So sad that it was all given up without a real fight, under owners and managers Jack would never have entrusted.

Archived