BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

Paul

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I have overlooked it but there doesnt seem to have been an official news article about Jack on the Rovers website?

Poor form if so...

Edit: found it.

This should be held as the front page article for me and not hidden away behind anything else today...

Pretty pathetic attempt on the official website. Anyway R.I.P uncle Jack, will always remember the good times!

i posted this 2 years ago.. if you look at the website yesterday, then nothing has changed

anyway, RIP a legend of a man... There is only One Jack Walker!

Radio Rovers replayed Jack's 'rhythms of the blues'1995 interview tonight. Sadly only caught last few minutes.

He talked about being offered a knighthood for services to industry in 1973, but shunned it as couldn't share with his brother.

Ended with 'my way.'

Wendy Howard ended by saying something like: "you'll be a Sir to us. The people are thankful for all you've done for us."

They were a great listen, back in the day.

Would love to source a collection.

It was a good station in its heyday. A load of interesting 'Rhythm of the Blues' interviews, some good pre/post match chat, phone ins, competitions etc.

However, like everything else at BRFC, it is in a relentless decline.

Looking around a two thirds empty Ewood as the minute applause went on, I felt angry, what an absolute waste of the man's legacy. A legacy that should have lasted decades.

A nice little tribute though tonight loudly applauded by both sets of fans, players and the officials for probably about two mins solid. Helped add a bit of atmosphere into the ground...that lasted about 4 mins :blink:

Brought a tear to my eye did this ;(

Hopefully a few happy ones too?

Something that struck me, his statement at Kidds press conference.

Not stopping til we're top 6 and competing in Europe.

He certainly backed kidd, to the tune of 28m.

Staggering sums over 8 mnths or so.

I'm not sure he'dve been happy with the conduct of 'the trust'

A few days too late but still at least they have done it for that they deserve credit. Mind you they are all hollow words as they are primarily responsible for destroying all the great work that Jack did.

Do you think Myers has played a part in this statement Kamy?

Continuing his legacy as owners is all anybody wanted, not some PR guff.

However, a statement stating how wrong they'd been over the last five years and a plan for how they will be bringing this great club back to health, now that would be something to behold.

A few days too late but still at least they have done it for that they deserve credit. Mind you they are all hollow words as they are primarily responsible for destroying all the great work that Jack did.

Worded by Myers no doubt and containing atrocious English Grammar for such a high profile site - IT'S should be ITS

However credit to the Raos for the tribute although I wish Myers had written '' He gave this Club one of its greatest moments'' and not '' He gave this club arguably it's greatest moment''. Why us a negative word in an otherwise positive piece.

Bit of an insult considering they have taken Jack's legacy and destroyed it.

Not particularly aimed at you DS but this illustrates exactly one of the points raised by LATD in his post on the Alan Myers thread the other day.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...?

There are far more important things to comment on Oldjam fan rather than trying to toady to a fanbase that universally despise them.

Leave Jack Walker sentiments to Rovers fans and get a grip of the club you complete moronic, imbecilic muppets

There are far more important things to comment on Oldham fan rather than trying to toady to a fanbase that universally despise them.

Leave Jack Walker sentiments to Rovers fans and get a grip of the club you complete moronic, imbecilic muppets

You've missed the point there I think. If they'd said nowt about Jack's anniversary they would have been criticised for it as well. Agree with the second half of your last sentence all the same.

By the way, I'm no Oldham fan lol

Archived