BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

Paul

Today is the 13th anniversary of Jack's death. He gave us all the best of times, fulfilled his and our dreams.

I have so many memories, this morning I remember when I first heard Dalglish was coming - I was doing 85mph on the M62 near the reservoir above Manchester. Nearly hit the central reservation!!

Great years, great days, great team and a great man.

Thanks Jack.

and please could I ask everyone, out of respect for Jack, to make this the one thread which doesn't contain all the usual stuff about how things are today.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the 13th anniversary of Jack's death. He gave us all the best of times, fulfilled his and our dreams. I have so many memories, this morning I remember when I first heard Dalglish was coming - I was doing 85mph on the M62 near the reservoir above Manchester. Nearly hit the central reservation!! Great years, great days, great team and a great man. Thanks Jack. and please could I ask everyone, out of respect for Jack, to make this the one thread which doesn't contain all the usual stuff about how things are today.

I fully endorse Paul's comments. The adrenaline rush from that day at Anfield is still fresh in my memory and for that my thanks go to Jack. He will never be forgotten and forever revered.

A man that made our dreams come true. A true gentlemen. I was lucky enough to meet him as a child. I thought I was passionate about Rovers. However, Uncle Jack took passion to another level.

He LOVED the club. He bled blue and white. Not only did he make us dream, but he made them dreams come true.

We miss you big man.

P.S. please don't ruin this thread by bringing Venky's into it.

He made the whole town proud of where we come from, put the football club firmly back on the map and brought joy to many people's lives.

As SG says above it's difficult to put into words.

Jacks gone but will never be forgotten.

Easy to guage his impact on BRFC but more difficult to evaluate his impact on football as whilst he was one of the first Premier League 'Big Spenders' and also one of the last supporter based ones. Whatever JW did and whether rightly or wrongly he did it as a fan and for the benefit of the club and it's supporters and that is without question. Compare that to the ranks of current overseas and distant owners and consider exactly what is their motivation. :huh::glare:

Followed the Rovers lovingly for close on 30 years through thick and lots of thin before Uncle Jack stepped in and waived a magic wand to make dreams come true.

Dalglish, Shearer, Premiership Champions etc all in a ground fit for heroes - memories that will not fade.

You are gone but will never be forgotten in the history of Rovers.

Archived