BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

Exactly what I posted in the Citeh preview. One can only assume he'll be well up for this, all eyes on him for the first time really.

Would anyone be surprised if Bowyer dropped him? No, surely Rhodes would be furious if he did?

Will be interesting. A good performance might just nudge a few teams into action.

I guess it depends what 'insanely high is'. Even at £15m or so do we want to sell? Not unless Bowyer is given a percentage of the money to improve the squad, and adequate replacements are available.

Possible very big decisions to be made if Rhodes has a stormer on Saturday.

At £15m we will definitely sell, and we'd probably be right to.

As a fan, I would be gutted though.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it depends what 'insanely high is'. Even at £15m or so do we want to sell? Not unless Bowyer is given a percentage of the money to improve the squad, and adequate replacements are available.

Possible very big decisions to be made if Rhodes has a stormer on Saturday.

By "insanely high" I was thinking double your money 15 -16 m upwards.

Obviously it's all a matter of degree. Hypothetically if someone bid 30m (which isn't going to happen) he's gone.

For pure footballing reasons alone I don't want to see him leave at any price and I'd be gutted if he left even if someone paid 20m for him.

Worked with Shaw at PNE. Clueless wealthy clown would be an apt description. As a shareholder he was granted the title of Stadium Manager by Gray and Scoles to keep him sweet / out of harms way. Amazed he got the gig at Rovers. The picture with Cairney sums him up. Awkward.

......I guess it depends what 'insanely high is'. Even at £15m or so do we want to sell? Not unless Bowyer is given a percentage of the money to improve the squad, and adequate replacements are available.

One could argue that he already has been given money and we have signed replacements.

Not only that but surely the owners have every right to claw a bit back. As Jack Walker always insisted 'football is a business first and foremost'.

I hope not too. Our second highest goalscorers have 2.

I think there will be some interested eyes on Rhodes tomorrow against PL defenders (if he plays). Could be win-lose if he scores.

He wont play tomorrow, better if he's not cup tied.

Hopefully Cairney can have a similar first game as a permanent player as Bentley did all those years ago.

Just read this post but I was thinking exactly the same watching him during the game. Let's hope he has a similar Rovers career but spurns Spurs when they tap him up.

Marvellous result but I take it he was pushed out wide again to accommodate Willowe? I re-he-he-he-heally hope that isn't where Bowyer sees his long-term future.

Can't fault Bowyer's tactics today but I too hope we don't start with today's line up very often. And by not very often I mean never.

Lowe alongside Cairney I could cope with, Lowe alongside Williamson with Cairney pushed wide I could not.

Archived