BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

You've never understood the difference between nationalism and racism. Do some research and learn summat.

Aha! That was quick. A warm welcome to PC dolloper No3.

So you do know the difference do you Jim? If so please explain how some of the comments you have made toward the Australian contributors on here would have been interpreted if we had been playing the Pakistanis.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha! That was quick. A warm welcome to PC dolloper No3.

So you do know the difference do you Jim? If so please explain how some of the comments you have made toward the Australian contributors on here would have been interpreted if we had been playing the Pakistanis.

Maybe jim could explain it, to us all,

or

maybe jim could explain it all to us

Best news in some time at the club, made up with this signing. The lad has natural talent, you just notice it as soon as you see him play. His attitude seems spot on too, a rarity in football these days.

That said.......it's imperative that he's played in the middle of the park by GB and not wasted out wide, it's like when Liverpool forced Gerrard out wide - ridiculous.

Of all the things to worry about, Shelfy's dress sense is the least of them!

I take your point but I remember when, on our rare forays into the transfer market in the 80's, the new signing would be pictured pen in hand flanked by messrs Saxton/McKay and John Haworth. All would be attired in suits and club ties in a picture that said ' we may be skint but we are a proper, traditional football club'

I think Shaw's overly casual (some might say shabby) appearance is a reflection on how the club has declined and doesn't auger well for it's recovery to former dignity.

Mike, totally agree both look good players at this level.and should be worth a lot more iin the long run.

Just talking about spirit at the club we were in Piccolino's in Clitheroe a few weeks back.

Cairney and his Mrs were in and saw Markus Olsson. They appeared very relaxed together and good banter all round, I think GB has started to bring a feel good factor back to the club.

No mean achievement after last seasons toxicity.

Not been as excited to sign someone up since we signed Yakubu! Great signing. Evans and Cairney signed for about £1m is brilliant business imo.

Looking at it that way makes it seem even better doesn't it. Around £1m for those two is fantastic.

Does anyone have cast iron news about Evans progress?

About 4-5 weeks ago just after the last international break bowyer said he had just started running. Not heard anything about him since which is a tad strange I guess. Gotta be soon you'd hope

What on earth has Tom Cairney signing for Rovers got to do with your misguided pro Scottish independence views? Kamy commented earlier on in this thread that Cairney enjoys playing in a predominantly BRITISH team! Kind of flies in the face of your rhetoric

This sort of makes sense. Young players probably prefer hanging around those of similar cultures, similar values and speaking the same language. This may be a big plus as we move into play-off contention.

And I thought Scotland was part of Britain? And even if Scotland became independent it would still be part of the British Isles, geographically.

Not sure that 'British' is a race. ;)

It is a nation and a culture, so close enough for government work. Environment trumps DNA, most times.

Evans and Cairney for the price we paid is incredible. Nice to see a sensible transfer policy being led by Gary and the team.

I thought we signed Evans in August? Today's signings are Cairney and Gestede.

And I think Gary Bowyer is more than fulfilling his mandate. We're steadily improving, bringing in young, motivated and, I presume, cheaper talent. We will be play-off contenders this year.

What on earth has Tom Cairney signing for Rovers got to do with your misguided pro Scottish independence views? Kamy commented earlier on in this thread that Cairney enjoys playing in a predominantly BRITISH team! Kind of flies in the face of your rhetoric

What on earth has any of that to do with people calling him English when he choose Scottish nationality?

Does that include rebuilding the wall and having border controls. You will be obliged to join the Schengen zone which England is not in

Aye the walls welcome as it works both ways. :P

It's the United Kingdom currently in Europe, not England. Shock you left out Wales and Northern Ireland!

Archived