BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news, thought we'd let him slip through the net as we were told we'd have to sell to bring in.

Seems a good lad as well, although he does look like he's got make up on in that vid...

Great signing, Things are certainly looking up .

Has he got twin brothers :) ?

Jedward_1531117c.jpg

Pleased he has signed, although i think a 3.5 year deal is possibly too long. Could be a burden if we go up and he's found wanting, or equally a financial burden if we dont.

roll on Independence. Scottish parent so by your own laws he can choose, and he has. respect HIS choice, whether you like it or not.

What on earth has Tom Cairney signing for Rovers got to do with your misguided pro Scottish independence views? Kamy commented earlier on in this thread that Cairney enjoys playing in a predominantly BRITISH team! Kind of flies in the face of your rhetoric

Pleased he has signed, although i think a 3.5 year deal is possibly too long. Could be a burden if we go up and he's found wanting, or equally a financial burden if we dont.

If he helps us go up it will be money well spent.

We have to give players something to make them come here. Recently it's contract lengths that seem to do the trick. If we end up in a Murphy or Etuhu situation then it can be bad news but I don't think we are in that situation with Cairney. Nice that both he and Gestede have described us as a big club.

My bigger worry is that he gets an injury having earned a deal which often happens with us (e.g. Evans, Dunn).

We've got to hope that he stays fit and becomes our secret weapon from the centre of midfield. Assuming he gets to play there.

roll on Independence. Scottish parent so by your own laws he can choose, and he has. respect HIS choice, whether you like it or not.

Does that include rebuilding the wall and having border controls. You will be obliged to join the Schengen zone which England is not in

It's nice to have players that genuinely want to play for the club. Really refreshing after the mercenaries we had playing for us last season, worst bunch of players we had for years.

You can see that players like Cairney, Rhodes, Marshall etc genuinely care for the club and enjoy playing for Rovers.

The mercenaries were signed by mercenaries. Lest we forget the mercenary culture was started by the managers employed by the venkymob 3 years ago..... 'As ye sow, so shall ye reap' is as true as it gets in our case.

The reason he wants to stay at Rovers above all the other Championship teams is because he has enjoyed playing in a team of young British players and the team spirit that has been created by Bowyer and his staff.

Blimey Kamy if I'd said that allegations of 'racist' would have been hurled instantly in my direction by the usual weary pc dollopers on here. ^_^

• Backroom

He's a young player with genuine talent, I'd say a 3.5 year deal is acceptable. A 4 year contract for Dixon Etuhu on the other hand...

The mercenaries were signed by mercenaries. Lest we forget the mercenary culture was started by the managers employed by the venkymob 3 years ago..... 'As ye sow, so shall ye reap' is as true as it gets in our case.

Blimey Kamy if I'd said that allegations of 'racist' would have been hurled instantly in my direction by the usual weary pc dollopers on here. ^_^

You've never understood the difference between nationalism and racism. Do some research and learn summat.

Archived