BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

The guy deserves his own thread. Top class. The heartbeat of the side and the type of ball playing midfielder we've needed for many years.

It's funny to think he was 4th choice behind Bannan, Spearing and the guy who went to Leeds (can't even remember his name!).

Must sign him permanently in Jan.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He's had a couple of good games, but a bit early to talk about signing permanently. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue to have such a strong influence in the middle of the park. It's about time we had somebody decent in there. Certainly puts the likes of Murphy and Etuhu to shame.

He's had a couple of good games, but a bit early to talk about signing permanently. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue to have such a strong influence in the middle of the park. It's about time we had somebody decent in there. Certainly puts the likes of Murphy and Etuhu to shame.

I would be approaching Hull now, while the window is still open. Both the club and Cairney must be on a bit of a high, so why not seal the deal now?

Or is there an already agreed price to buy in the low deal?

• Backroom

I would be approaching Hull now, while the window is still open. Both the club and Cairney must be on a bit of a high, so why not seal the deal now?

Or is there an already agreed price to buy in the low deal?

Not necessarily any need to go rushing in yet. I doubt Hull would accept an offer at this point anyway, chances are they're going to be observing him quite closely over his loan period in order to ascertain whether they want to offer him a contract extension or not.

If Cairney continues to do well, Hull will probably offer him another contract in January. We could potentially do the same, and it'd be up to him to decide where he wants to be next season. If Hull are marooned in the relegation zone in Jan and we're doing alright there's a chance he could opt for us. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Crying out loud, more knee jerk reaction to one decent game, maybe two and against the bottom of the league. He's on loan and that's the way it should stay until he shows a consistent run of form and making a real difference in games against tougher midfields....jury still out.

Its been pretty clear early on that Cairney is a quality player, what I also like is Lowe has improved playing alongside Cairney. Increasingly they are forming a good cm partnership. Cairney still looked good when Evans came on and he played a more advanced role.

I would sign him as soon as possible if the opportunity was there. Even before the last two wins we looked a much improved side with Cairney in the team. We in my view were unlucky to not get more out of those games.

The key for me is we now keep the ball a lot more and are controlling the games much better than at any time last year. The team is looking a lot better organised and balanced.

Im sure with such a young team its going to make mistakes but its a pleasure to see a hungry team again not afraid of the ball.

Crying out loud, more knee jerk reaction to one decent game, maybe two and against the bottom of the league. He's on loan and that's the way it should stay until he shows a consistent run of form and making a real difference in games against tougher midfields....jury still out.

i disagree. its not a knee jerk reaction by anyone. this lad has been around for a while though he is young. ive seen him a few times over the years and he has always stood out. i was shocked when i heard we had got him on loan as i thought he would have been hulls first choice but after his injury it seems he has been forgotten about.

just because he has had 2 fine games doesnt mean someone is having a knee jerk reaction and i certainly dont think it deserved your patronising comment.

on his twitter account which is verified, a rovers fan sent him this which he then re-tweeted so hopefully he does fancy staying permanently. I just hope the performances keep improving.

If @OneRovers don't find the cash to permanently sign the wonder kid @ThomasCairney then I'll open the piggy bank and chip in

Retweeted by Cairney14
Expand

Leave it too long and his performances continue to improve, then we pay more.

Let's wait until he plays well every week and then Hull will want much more or someone else will come in.

Always a difficult choice...

Looks a quality player to me. I think we should be doing all we can to bring him in permanently whilst he is still relatively under the radar and cheap.

If he does really well with us and is out of contract at the end of the season, there'll be an auction for his services and the price will go up dramatically.

Only dilemma might be, can you fit him and Evans in the same side because I thought Evans looked even better if anything.

<p>

on his twitter account which is verified, a rovers fan sent him this which he then re-tweeted so hopefully he does fancy staying permanently. I just hope the performances keep improving.

Dan Riley@DanRiley003h

If @OneRovers don't find the cash to permanently sign the wonder kid @ThomasCairney then I'll open the piggy bank and chip in

Retweeted by Cairney14Expand

I'm no twitter guru but aren't "ThomasCairney" and "Cairney14" two different users?

I was just speaking to a bloke at work who supports Hull. He says Cairney has always been quality, even when they were in the PL, but is thought off as having a bad attitude and being too big for his boots. He reckons most Hull fans would want to keep him though as he's likely to be able to do well in the PL again and were surprised they loaned him out. He was even more surprised and gutted by the sale of Evans who he rates highly.

It will be interesting to see who starts in centre midfield in the coming games now that evans is in contention and looking very impressive. Lowe is obviously the least talented of himself, dunn, cairney and evans, , but he is finally in form so it would harsh to drop him now, some tough managerial decisions coming up for GB.

Archived