BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

Don't understand why we would need to pay 500k/£1m for an unwanted player with 6 months left on his contract. When have we ever got that sort of money for one of our rejects?

I believe we got 2.5 Million pounds for Kuqi once and 1mil for Benni.

Cairney is very important player for Rovers and he wants to stay here.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong on this but as cairney was brought through hull youth system then isn't it the same situation we had when hoillet went to qpr? That their due a compensation fee or whatever it's called to the tune of a few million?

Cairney went to hull when he was dropped by Leeds when he was 16 so I'm not sure whether that will make any difference in the details.

Cairney's contract expires in Summer 2015, that's why (according to transfermarkt.co.uk)

This one keeps coming up but the ones who matter say he has only 6 months left on his contract.

just wait till they know he's Scottish.

Born in Nottingham, but since you have so few decent real Scots I suppose you can have him in your team along with Rhodes who is also English.

Born in Nottingham, but since you have so few decent real Scots I suppose you can have him in your team along with Rhodes who is also English.

And yet despite being tipped for England he choose the country of his fathers birth after 20 odd years living within your borders.

Hanley, Cairney, Rhodes a spine of Scottishness within which our hopes rest.

just wait till they know he's Scottish.

Looks like the guys are in just to wind you up Majiball.

When it comes to anything Scottish believe me there are so many Rovers supporters with scottish heritage its untrue.

Looks like the guys are in just to wind you up Majiball.

When it comes to anything Scottish believe me there are so many Rovers supporters with scottish heritage its untrue.

You're not wrong there !

Glasgwegians all over Blackburn and Darwen when I was a lad,and plenty of Italians too,

hows ' little Italy' these days.

Back to the ' jocks ' we used to have some real craic with that lot when the 'home internationals' came round,

often came to blows in certain pubs, very aggressive, that lot from ' the gorbals,' one or two even wore womens' skirts

on matchday.

Although we do have to give credit, to certain people from north of the the border, for making our club one of the most

famous and successful clubs in the country, in the early years at least.

You know what they say Al..... you can take a pig out of a sty and keep it in a stable but it's still a pig. ^_^

Archived