BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

The reason he wants to stay at Rovers above all the other Championship teams is because he has enjoyed playing in a team of young British players and the team spirit that has been created by Bowyer and his staff. It is very similar to the spirit that the youth and reserve teams had when Bowyer was incharge of them.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason he wants to stay at Rovers above all the other Championship teams is because he has enjoyed playing in a team of young British players and the team spirit that has been created by Bowyer and his staff. It is very similar to the spirit that the youth and reserve teams had when Bowyer was incharge of them.

I don't see how some fans could ever suggest the players (bad eggs aside) aren't playing for Bowyer.

It's nice to have players that genuinely want to play for the club. Really refreshing after the mercenaries we had playing for us last season, worst bunch of players we had for years.

You can see that players like Cairney, Rhodes, Marshall etc genuinely care for the club and enjoy playing for Rovers.

The last three away games have proved to me that the squad is unified and the way the players celebrated together after the Yeovil and Leeds games was really pleasing. They looked like a tight knit group who enjoyed what they get paid to do - win football matches.

Hopefully we can get this one over the line soon. Biggest bargain we've had since signing Tugay for £1.3m. Glad he's gone under the radar for prem teams, easily prem class. Bruce is making a big error letting him go.

A midfield of Marshall Evans Cairney Taylor/King is, dare I say, one of the best midfields in this league and certainly a promotion chasing one. Apart from King, they are all Bowyer signings which shows how shrewd he is in the transfer market on a limited budget. More good work from GB.

Bentley? Benni McCarthy? Santa Cruz? Nelsen? Samba?

A bargain but the biggest since Tugay, no chance.

If that is accurate (and we've got no reason to doubt it) then you have to say its another feather in Bowyers cap. I appreciate the situation seems to dictate promotion is essential, but I think Bowyer is going about his business very shrewdly and is building a good little squad here. It would be a real shame to pot him before it came to fruition.

There is already digs at Bowyer by suggesting 500k is too much. Personally I think that is a great price for a young talented English lad who seems to like playing here.

given where you live and how that country was formed and still is, well you can figure out what I'm doing.

he's choosen to become scottish respect it.

No respect. It's because he knows he's not good enough for his real country.

Archived