BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once this looks like everyobody is unanimous in signing Mr.Tom Cairney. Whens that ever happened over the past few seasons.

Happy New year !!

Though not the finished article - IMO he is the best creative midfield player we have had since Tugay. Still only young - he also has time to improve - as he is by no means the finished article. If I am honest - I can't believe that Hull are considering letting him go - lets hope their loss is our gain.

Though not the finished article - IMO he is the best creative midfield player we have had since Tugay. Still only young - he also has time to improve - as he is by no means the finished article. If I am honest - I can't believe that Hull are considering letting him go - lets hope their loss is our gain.

Definitely share those sentiments DMTP.

Some players you can just tell were born to play football. They move around the pitch, control the ball, pass the ball and generally strike the ball as if it were their true calling. Others you can see have forged a career by bloody mindedness and sheer determination to become a footballer. Cairney is the former and the likes of Lowe are the latter. Both have merits and both are probably required. But the frustrating thing is if you're building a side around a single player imo it should be the natural and not the grafter. Too often Cairney has been accommodated and that needs to change. If we are lucky enough to sign him then he needs to be the heartbeat of our side for years to come.

The scary thing is evans is arguably better and different enough in skill set to be the perfect foil for cairney. We potentially have really landed on our feet here with a great pairing for peanuts in todays market. If it happens then fair play to Bowyer

The scary thing is evans is arguably better and different enough in skill set to be the perfect foil for cairney. We potentially have really landed on our feet here with a great pairing for peanuts in todays market. If it happens then fair play to Bowyer

100% right! Corry Evans is a fabulous little player and in his busy, tidy style provides the perfect for Cairney...

Let's hope his performance today has not alerted another team who wants him more than us. You know for sometime I have wondered if Bowyer has been playing him wide to keep him under the radar. Playing central he could have looked too good and we would not have a chance of signing him.

Just a thought I had as surely Bowyer cant be that blind to the lads strengths

Though Jal won't like me saying it :glare: - the midfield three of Cairney, Evans and Lowe looked (prior to Evans injury) as good as anything we have had for a long time. If we can get Evans fit for the rest of the season - and keep Cairney - I will actually start to dream about the play offs :rover:

Hopefully we can get this one over the line soon. Biggest bargain we've had since signing Tugay for £1.3m. Glad he's gone under the radar for prem teams, easily prem class. Bruce is making a big error letting him go.

A midfield of Marshall Evans Cairney Taylor/King is, dare I say, one of the best midfields in this league and certainly a promotion chasing one. Apart from King, they are all Bowyer signings which shows how shrewd he is in the transfer market on a limited budget. More good work from GB.

Let's hope his performance today has not alerted another team who wants him more than us. You know for sometime I have wondered if Bowyer has been playing him wide to keep him under the radar. Playing central he could have looked too good and we would not have a chance of signing him.

Just a thought I had as surely Bowyer cant be that blind to the lads strengths

I have a suspicion that Hughes did similar with Bentley. He looked mediocre until we signed him, and then all of a sudden he was a different player!

I think that £500,000 is a fair price for a player who has made such a positive impact since joining in the summer, We initially offered £300,000 which Hull rejected out of hand, then other championship clubs tried to get involved but Cairney told Hulll that Rovers were the only Championship club that he will join. That has put us in a very strong position and hopefully we can this deal over the line today.

I think that £500,000 is a fair price for a player who has made such a positive impact since joining in the summer, We initially offered £300,000 which Hull rejected out of hand, then other championship clubs tried to get involved but Cairney told Hulll that Rovers were the only Championship club that he will join. That has put us in a very strong position and hopefully we can this deal over the line today.

Top lad, really hope we get him signed as soon as.

For all the doom and gloom we discuss with rovers, this shows the environment/team spirit GB has managed to forge if a player is willing to do that. If thats true then Cairney is a top lad

It's nice to have players that genuinely want to play for the club. Really refreshing after the mercenaries we had playing for us last season, worst bunch of players we had for years.

You can see that players like Cairney, Rhodes, Marshall etc genuinely care for the club and enjoy playing for Rovers.

If that is accurate (and we've got no reason to doubt it) then you have to say its another feather in Bowyers cap. I appreciate the situation seems to dictate promotion is essential, but I think Bowyer is going about his business very shrewdly and is building a good little squad here. It would be a real shame to pot him before it came to fruition.

Cairney clearly believes in what is happening at Rovers, and Bowyer must have fostered a good team spirit.

The potential of this young squad is exciting. Let's get the deal done.

Archived